Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question why is there shadow era on twitch ???

I was wondering how come I don't see anyone stream this game on twitch ???

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your thread title and your actual post contradict each other. Anyway, there are 2 people I can think of that stream Shadow Era, but I haven't seen them on lately.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The three channels where I see Shadow Era being played the most are:

ComptonEMT
    http://www.twitch.tv/comptonemt

BiffMcSkylark Gaming
    http://www.twitch.tv/biffmcskylark

Ajthowsknives
    http://www.twitch.tv/ajthrowsknives25/

Black Angel use to have a lot of good Shadow Era streams on Twitch as well. Epic eight hour Shadow Era marathons! Hopefuly we will see him back again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Wulven Twitch Channel was used to stream information pretaining to Shattered Fates spoilers back last year. Hasn't been used since the last spoil.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    because it wasn't made my blizzard

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because if people stream, nobody watches and they get discouraged.
    Mip - Keeper of the Eternal Flame -
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Mip1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If people promise to watch and give me ideas I will try to start.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    I will if its good times for me. Also, deck breakdowns are good
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I stream on twitch occasionally. Been away from home for three weeks and need to spend the next couple of days tidying up for impending guests. After that, I think I can do some streaming!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    Well you have three types of streamers. Successful, unsuccessful, and girl gamers. I will use Heathstone as my examples since it is the closest thing to digital SE going. Other TCG's don't do as well for whatever reasons. Although, MtG's channel has the distinction of streaming both it's physical and digital offerings in one setting. Watching the physical games are like watching paint dry though, so be warned you physical card aficionados.

Successful Streamers- are those players that have very high viewership. They are usually the guys creating decks. They are the guys that play a large number of games and can decipher the meta. But they are also the guys that sit and explain their every move. They will usually take the entire time limit to explain the situation, the correct play, and what the next move might be if a certain response given. Some are interactive with their audiences. Some aren't. Either way, you watch and leave with a little more knowledge than when you began. These folks are not to be confused with streamers that have high view counts, but are all filler and no killer. There are people out there looking just to entertain, but they fall into that gamer chick category. They just want attention.

Unsuccessful Streamers- these are your average to bad players with illusions of grandeur. They have very little educational value or entertainment value. And their interaction is almost nonexistent. They pretty much think just having a channel and streaming is enough.

Gaming Chicks- gaming chicks are not to be confused with gamer girls. Gamer chicks are you basic attention hoes. They always stream in a low plunging shirt of some sort to show off their cleavage. Their chat channel is literally cancer for the brain, and they feed into it constantly to keep their numbers up. The almighty subscription button and donations are all they are about. Gamer Girls like Hafu can actually teach people a thing or two. Gamer chicks is just about the T&A.

Hope this helps some. I would be an unsuccessful streamer. I am not a top level player and I would have little time at all to stream. A lot of the most successful streamers have literally turned it into a source of income through donations and subscriptions a la YouTube. So who knows? Maybe one of you kids can make it big and earn a little scratch at the same time.

Successful Twitching also depends on a healthy dose of promotion from the game makers as well. I honestly feel it was a mistake to go on hiatus with Wulvens twitch channel to focus on other social media endeavors. Maybe get some guild vs. guild gaming going to up some numbers.

As to the whole Twitch set up? That is a google search. Some stream with a web cam. Some don't. Anyone in TCG's that are good, do have web cams. Putting a face to a name promotes the brand. There are also ways to customize your channels look. But that is beyond my experience level. Like I said, google it if anyone is serious.

Cheers.
    Last edited by fyrfytr998; 09-02-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.