Close

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Hey a lot of really nice looking changes, will be interesting to see the impact on game-play some of these will have. Great work so far guys and thanks for all the effort.

That said I have to say the new Raikka is no better in any way. Weapons were not the issue and this is just another weak situational ability "buff" if you can call it that (yay I can take 1 less damage from a weapon attack for 1 turn at 3SE but the turn after back to full damage). Put her head to head with Ythan's new change and see what I mean. He has gone to being able to allow himself to swing twice as well now, double Soul Seeker attacks or any other weapon, as well as allowing an ally to attack twice as before and both with ambush (his became useable when he is alone). Raikka needed a much better rework and I gotta say the new version is a total let-down in this area. Still no where as useable or strong as Skervoxs' ability either - she will continue to take a back seat to most. Yes I will play her, multiple variations, Undead Raikka, Haste Raikka, Whatever Raikka, but she will fall short in the big games. Why can't she set things on Fire instead of the -1 attack? fire could kill things and really help, -1 is just prolonging her weak stance and is Identical to Book of Curses and Grimghast which is fine for them but for her? sad :[ Her situational ability requires either: allies in play (not easy in SE) Haste guys (limited) or purely a desperate defense action against opposing allies and weapons now - all weak at best and keep in mind I like Raikka a lot.
    Her change won't be huge ability wise but the gauntlets and grimghast changes can help possibly...its a little easier to make a fire based deck...then again I havent put huge thought into it just initial thoughts
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting changes.

Still not sure what to do with Raikka that Gravebone cannot do better but will see when this is available.

Fatebeak could still be baited into death and Human Mages trying to do a Homunculus theme have to struggle compared to Shadow since Human has fewer choices in low cost Homunculus.

Ythan looks more viable & flexible now.

Cleric change I will have to see how that affects my Ter deck.

I do not get the Cloak change, I thought it was fine.

A cheaper Knife looks viable for Mages though I wonder what it will mean with the discarding.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukuzin View Post
    I wonder what result will come out if buffed cutluss makes tenacious buccaneer discarded.

Is it summoned on the owner's side or sent to opponent's hand?
    Since these cards that respond to their own discard are never technically in play, they are put right at the very end of the standard resolution order. (We have to consider them or we can't add them into the game.) As such, Cutlass will have redirected Buccaneer/Reactory to your hand before they can try to redirect from grave to play, resulting in there being no benefit to opponent if you discard them. Brimstone will still work, since its ability does not redirect it from anywhere, but it will still go in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    "This turn" for Flameforged gauntlets would only be for the current owning players turn I take it (for clarity).
    Yes, the turn you activated it by using 1D.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fatebreak Familiar is OP now! T2 FF = no Blood Frenzy!

I love Ythan's and Viska's change.

Raikka's buff is very tiny and I don't know if she'll be any better now, but at least the gauntlet will help her draw some cards.

The new Pride of the Yari is cool because now a Yari deck makes sense.

I think Darkforged Knife sucked before and still suck now, pointless card imho.

The new Cutlass is very interesting, but my feelings about it are mixed. It's a huge buff for Serena because she can hit the hero and steal a card (without card draw for the opponent) while it is a strong nerf for Garth. Garth is good, but not OP so I don't think he needed a nerf. We'll see...

Overall these are VERY good changes, well done!
    Last edited by Lahiri; 08-29-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    good that oliver will get an art change... Please make it epic now...

I hope you did not commission SK...
    Last edited by User Name; 08-29-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anyone wants a buff for Grimjaw Hydra? That ally is pretty much useless without ambush.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crazy how Bloodpack Shaman ability is going to change actually liked being able to choose my own ally out the grave.
    ​Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    good that oliver will get an art change... Please make it epic now...

I hope you did not commission SK...

SK? Shawn kennedy??
    http://preybirdart.deviantart.com/ar...ivor-409993082

kinda looks like Oliver's hands....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Daddy...didnt he already get a buff to 6hp? I think hes pretty good now as it is.

If you run Shaman as the only Wulven Ally you can still loop him.

And about Garth using Cutlass, who did that anyways? IMO AB has always been his weapon of choice. Now Serena might actually see play and she should rely less on IGG for draw as her habd should fill up rather nicely. Its like they wanted her to be viable but didnt want everyone to bitch about the hand hate. Now its more of an annoying change your plans kind of tactic...and we all know how much that card gets used.

All in all I think some of the changes were to pacify the moaners. Zal was strong but nowhere near as OP as everyone was saying imo. He had his bad matchups. But the "nerf" to LA isnt that big if a deal to me. I think the nerf to Brimstone was unwarranted.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Uh, oh, yeah! Good changes!
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel