Close

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    It is meant to weaken Garth hand Destruction as it is deemed to be bug NPE for receiving end and at the same time buff Serena. With this change Serena gets something unique and a reason to play her over Garth. Although Garth lost one way of playing her I don't see it as a nerf as he is still really good in classic rogue control. So he is fine and Serena gets better. Its a win - win.

Regarding Cutlass itself. It is actually more potent now with this change if played correctly. Lets forget hand disruption and focus only when Serena has ability activated: You basically draw an extra card every 3 turns which is really really big. Even if that cards sucks it is free resource. Makes her a lot less reliant on IGG.

All possible scenarios with Cutlass:

1. Serena kills an ally without activating her ability (by using Black Garb or other allies achieve critical damage). Opponent will draw a card and discard a card. In case their hand is empty, they will draw a card and discard it achieving a milling effect
    2. Serena kills an ally using her ability. Opponent draws a card and you steal a card. In case their hand is empty, they will draw a card and you will steal that card.
    3. Serena attacks the hero with her ability activated. They will not draw a card but you will steal a card from them.
    Last edited by Veles; 08-29-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    This is meant as indirect buff to ravager. You can now target it during your turn and use it as a fodder for Hound and Zealot.
    Yes, this makes it a far better and more usable card. I remember the change was suggested by someone in the forum, very good idea.
    I think cards with "minor" effects like this should give some other bonus to be worth the loss o card in hand. They have to be cantrips (Backstab, Here Be Monsters...) or help triggering other cards as in this case.
    In fact, I think Shadow Era should have more cantrips and less draw engines. It would make the gameplay lighter and decks would rely less on specific cards.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Serena is sooooo Hot... She doesnt need IGG ???

T4 Elicit Information
    T5 Cutlass and attack an ally and kill it >> opponent discard 1 cards, draw a card >>> She draw 2 cards

OR attack Hero >> opponent discard 1 card >> Serena draw 2 cards

So Elicit information Makes her gurnateed 2 draws
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    Serena is sooooo Hot... She doesnt need IGG ???

T4 Elicit Information
    T5 Cutlass and attack an ally and kill it >> opponent discard 1 cards, draw a card >>> She draw 2 cards

OR attack Hero >> opponent discard 1 card >> Serena draw 2 cards

So Elicit information Makes her gurnateed 2 draws
    happy to hear Elicit Information is included in your brainstorming
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Regarding Cutlass itself. It is actually more potent now with this change if played correctly.
    Yes indeed so much more potent in the right hands now. Nice job for rogues and this one will be interesting now. Forcing a draw and discard and steal off 1 item is rocking.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Raikka run away crying to her mommy :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So awesome that by being in live beta we were able to play with these cards for awhile and then, bam cards are changed. Now we have to reevaluate things. Keeps game fresh. Awesome!!!
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Fatebreak Familiar is OP now! T2 FF = no Blood Frenzy!
    Sorry, I have to disagree.

You drop Fatebeak T2, if you are going first, I cripple it to bait it off the board. If second, I will drop a stronger T3 ally that removes Fatebeak T4 and play BF then.

If you drop Fatebeak T3, you missed a 3cc drop.

I stopped playing Fatebeak when I was using it in Aramia and the AI, yes the AI!, baited it right off my board as did a couple of live players. After seeing that, it just did not seem useful anymore and I was only playing around the 200 rating, I am sure 300+ rating players can get around it easy.

That is Fatebeak's problem, smart players can play right to just remove it without harming their decks.

Quote Originally Posted by gnodab View Post
    I also like the change to Rapacious Vermin, but I am not sure this will suffice to make Ravagers playable. Even though the Cleric got a little stronger, but he was good before anyways.
    Cleric is not strong with this change, he is vulnerable with no health boost, more like a nerf but not a big one.
    Vermin being a Ravager is interesting but still I think he is equal in worth to Hound or maybe less so.

Fire damage sources available to shadow heroes that activate on your turn:

Spitfire Hound (both ability and attack)
    Brimstone Devourer
    Grimghast
    Flameborn Defiler
    Molten Destroyer (if he takes retaliation damage)
    Furrion Terror (both attack and on summon)
    Infernus

Hunters only:

Flaming Arrow
    Emore Crossbows

For mages there are:

Fireball
    Supernova
    Metero Stomr
    Phoenix Urigon (after resurrection)
    Majiya's ablity
    Raikka's ability

Flameforged Gauntlents are obviously meant for shadow faction. It is best compared to Scriptures, although bit weaker in my opinion as it is more prone to destruction. Still this is really good base for fire themed decks. With future sets and more options this will get really interesting.
    Card missed, Wrath of Summer ability when first used on a target.

Flameforged Gauntlets - I still like Cloak though, why not replace a different armor? Platinum Chainmail, who ever ran that? It seems anti-weenine but I never see decks focused on cc2 or less allies that make this armor good.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ops I guess that tells a lot of playability of Wrath of the Summer. Still I updated the list. Nice catch.

Also a comment on Cleric's new base stats. 5 health gives it better chances to survive and trigger his ability in first place. With one trigger it is same as before a 4/5, but with second trigger it is 6/5 unlike 5/6 much more aggressive. Health buff is removed because he can grow our of control really fast in right situation. Add Crown of Ages and Alamanac to the mix with +2 attack and it can get crazy.

2/5 stats puts him in group with Garg/Acolyte as standard t3 drop for shadow or at least for some heroes like BB/Baduruu. Don't forget his ability activates if your opponent targets and destroys an item so he can serve as sort of punishment for that.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the Cutlass changes.

Can we also have more "Signature Weapons"? Weapons solely designed to aid a specific hero.

You know like "Skullcrusher's Mace", "Spellbane's Tome", or "Truesight's Recurve".

You know what, off brainstorming those!
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whoever nerfed Brimstone Devourer - bless you. I hate Zaladar, with all my heart.

I still think Lythian Sledgehammer should have its cc and durability reduced. I've said it before and it bears repeating: a 2/5 indestructible weapon is too much (especially considering the passive abilities).

Rampant Krygon is still too strong. Haste is king and 3 cc is extremely cheap for an inherently hasted ally with 2 attack and the ability to add another point of damage.

Amulet of Conjuring: 3 card draws, really? Consider changing this for the next meeting...
    PK Love