Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Demetryo looks too fabulous to be an extremist... twilight champ looks like a shadow mage.. still decent...

Viska has a very punchable face...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ermelsilphion View Post
    Hi all,

as of course the first 2 sets have been printed already (speaking of physical card game, even if online anything can be changed), I'm going to throw my 2 cents regarding the art of Shattered Fates. As that art is not official yet, I just hope something could be changed, mainly the style of most cards.

I'm going to add cards as soon as I have time, let's just start Please note I will add ONLY the cards I really consider to be low quality or completely different from the "first-great-old" Shadow era Style. (To me ... all cards should be similar in style to Priest of the Light, Marshland Sentinel, Tidal Wave, Nishaven (first version), etc ... just to say some).

Hero: Tala Pureheart

I dislike it a lot. Clearly "feint" art as u may noticed from her face. She is just just an armor with a photo cropped on it, definitely NOT Shadow Era style (just comparing to Old Eladwen for example).

Well I'm not a fan of Jasmine, Lilly, etc ... but at least they don't give such "feint" impression when looking at the card.

mm75
    Add Threbin the Righteous to your feint list. And as I stated in another thread, it clearly has much in common with another picture from another game.

http://goldendaniel.deviantart.com/a...iest-326715970
    Last edited by fyrfytr998; 08-29-2014 at 06:05 AM.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think 40% of card art of SF is terrible for several reasons...good image but TERRIBLE FRAMING, sometimes simply bad image, in some case futuristic image without consistency with SE world, sometimes art has no consistency with the name of the card!!...terrible work really.....in fact i stopped play SE 2 month ago, just waiting in some good change in the future. The set mechanics are good but art selection is disappointing!And card art selection is TOO IMPORTANT in a tcg, big mistake undersestimate it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it really necessary to post each of these art reviews in a separate post?

Some of this I do agree a bit on, especially the "futuristic" look of Eleanor and Ritualist. And something I discovered about Viska yesterday, the artist actually changed the color of her hair for SE. Look at the original here: http://showmeyourmoves.deviantart.co...rior-300594046 Doesn't look nearly as bad that way I think, pink is just weird.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tx for the feedbacks (and adds) mates.

I still will add single cards anyway when I have time, just hoping SE developers take a look at our words here, as it seems many users don't like most of the "new" card-style been used.

I'd also like to REMARK that I joined this game because of its cool Fantasy art ... ... ...

mm75

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What are everyones thoughts on using only one artist? I ask because, I also play Ascension. And the one thing that stands out is that while it may not be the best art out there, it is amazingly consistent in theme due to Eric Sabee being the exclusive artist to the game.

Thoughts? For me persoanlly, variety is good, but can lead to inconsistent overall quality.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfytr998 View Post
    What are everyones thoughts on using only one artist? I ask because, I also play Ascension. And the one thing that stands out is that while it may not be the best art out there, it is amazingly consistent in theme due to Eric Sabee being the exclusive artist to the game.

Thoughts? For me persoanlly, variety is good, but can lead to inconsistent overall quality.
    Do you have any idea how long one piece takes? Think about a comic book. It takes almost a month to produce 20-22 images (pages), and there are three people working on them, the penciller, inker and colourer (sometimes a team of colourers). If we had a single artist for the game we would still be waiting for DP art.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the art is fine. Minus the few misleading names and seemingly plastered faces. How can you limit fantasy to the middle-ages? Maybe, as the game advances, so does the SE world. Fantasy requires you to use your imagination.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XxD3L3T3DxX View Post
    I think the art is fine. Minus the few misleading names and seemingly plastered faces. How can you limit fantasy to the middle-ages? Maybe, as the game advances, so does the SE world. Fantasy requires you to use your imagination.
    +1 all the way, some art may not be what a person likes most, as with older cards in the game nobody can honestly say they love every single picture and if so that is great. The missing pictures are real sad, and a few pictures that are out of character with their intended cards are a little sad but overall it's good to have any art in a lot of ways because the art is for sure important. In the end when all the art is in and settled we get to move on and hope for more from the next set and play with something to look at verses no art...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Do you have any idea how long one piece takes? Think about a comic book. It takes almost a month to produce 20-22 images (pages), and there are three people working on them, the penciller, inker and colourer (sometimes a team of colourers). If we had a single artist for the game we would still be waiting for DP art.
    Hence why I asked. I think Sabee's stripped down style lends to him being able to do as many cards as he has. But you never know. Some artists might be capable of fast work, and I know Wulven had talked about hiring artist at one point.