Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Any good SF Amber decks out there?

Everyone raves about amber and how strong she is, but other than a few attempted Hamber decks that go maybe 1-1 with 300+ ranked opponents I haven't really seen any competitive Amber builds that can stand up to Zaladar, Banebow undead and well crafted Gravebone decks or even Garth or Victor for that matter.

Can anyone post an amber deck that competes well with t1 opponents who rank over 300 in QM? Seems like the old JD tempo boost just isn't enough to cut it these days?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dimble, but he has switched to another deck already.
    Last edited by chamthabo; 08-30-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    chamthabo
    Sandrider of Arrakis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN : BP chamthabo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too much Viska and Grave Resistance these days

and thus Amber's JD has lost its edge...

Plus Moonstalker is very popular in the 300 range so that makes it hard also...

Poor Amber

Ah well, she had her moment of glory in Dark Prophecies i suppose

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Too much Viska and Grave Resistance these days

and thus Amber's JD has lost its edge...

Plus Moonstalker is very popular in the 300 range so that makes it hard also...

Poor Amber

Ah well, she had her moment of glory in Dark Prophecies i suppose
    I have a semi-solo amber that pretty much crushes MS, until hammer gets nerfed unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I made a Templer deck herr herr hurrr

Catches people out because it's quite unexpected and adds a lot of versatility to Amber

Main thing here is Amber#s powerful weapons can protect your key card which is Templar Champion. As long as you can keep atleast one of him on the board opp has a very hard time regaining board control as each ally you summon makes him weaker too. Use Mystics to unblock allies who've been disabled by attachments as well as the other main reason. And anyways WCS you get boardwiped you have strong weapons. And weapon destroyed you got great allies. As a bonus use Nova Infusion alongside Paladin of Unaxio - this is another unexpected combo and at the very least you have an armour that saves you 15 damage and this deck also means you need not worry over negative effects. Similarly Guardian + Ally means no damage from Blood Frenzy. Other attachments discounted too

This deck wins me 2/3 - 3/4 of matchups whenever I use it

TEMPLER (40)

Allies (18)

4x Zealous Mystic
    1x Avenger of the Fallen
    3x Zailen Crusader
    3x Guardian of Unaxio
    4x Templar Champion
    3x Paladin of Unaxio

Abilities and Artifacts (13)

3x Treasured Heirloom
    2x Valiant Defender
    3x Crippling Blow
    2x Blood Frenzy
    3x Scriptures of the Righteous

Weapons and Armour (8)

2x Nova Infusion
    2x Jeweler's Dream
    1x Rod of Smiting
    2x War Flail
    1x Lythian Sledgehammer
    Last edited by Saf; 09-04-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure how Amber is, this is my attempt...

1x Amber Rain
    3x Lily Rosecult
    4x Reserve Weapon
    2x Smashing blow
    2x Enrage
    3x Crippling Blow
    3x Rampage
    2x Retreat
    2x Sever Ties
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Aetherborn Wisp
    4x Enslave the Beast
    4x Glimmer of Hope
    4x Lythian Sledgehammer

T2 - Glimmer or bad santa (graveyard a hammer if you get the chance and reserve weapon if you have lily in hand)
    T3 - Wisp
    T4 - Rampage/Enslave/Cripblow/Lily (if you sent reserve weapon to grave)
    T5 - Reserve Weapon (pull hammer out of grave) use Ambers power and start smashing the enemy hero or his allies. With Lily, reserve weapon, and other Hammers you should be able to keep up the damage output to kill him off.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amber is still strong, we need to go back to some basics but tweak with new tools. You don't really need something like the Sledgehammer.

I think the key for Amber is to be way more prepared for the weaker matchups now more than ever. She is still powerful against many decks. Her draw power, damage force mixed of weapons and allies, item destruction and ally control do their job well. Now we have some hard matchups, but there are alot of cards available which provide help.

Amber with Zailen Crusader and JD is really fast and has a potential to be her new meta. A swift Amber with cheap tools like CBs and Retreats is still strong. Thanks to Zailen Crusader, you can get an extra draw engine via Treisured Heirloom. JD still serves to damage targets and grant resources. You can make use of Curse of the Aldmor, which is a very underrated tool. It can stop the opponent from gaining SE or kill an ally. Curse of Aldmor is a surprise for Moonstalkers, but can also be useful against more decks.

People will surely make more use of fatties again, which too less people consider at the moment. Stalling with things below 5cc to setup for fatties may be a new approach. There are some great allies for this purpose like our good old Priest of the Light which can help to distract until you can setup fatties. It will get destroyed fast, but the health gain for you and the 1SE denial for the opponent helps against your harder matchups.

There are so many great cards which aren't considered much. Amber often has more SE availabe than she can use for her weapons, cards like Punisher's Gauntlets or Eriss could be among the new tools. Legion United may be a T5 option, followed by a T6 Viska or Aoen. Ability damage is more frequent in SF.

There are so many cards and also combos I didn't mention purposely, there is just too many. The meta changes with every rework, buff and nerf. We just need to be creative and be hungry for discovering some new stuff. Often the unconventional ways turn out to be really great, until they eventually become meta, who knows
    Last edited by Heimdall; 09-05-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    true, sledgehammer isn't needed, but to pull out a weapon on turn five, that becomes 5/5 with Amber's power and that can only be destroyed by dropping its duration. I like it because it removes the enemy from play after it kills them and damages the opponent at the same time. I will look at adding curse of the aldmor. It will be a good addition to a crippled opponent, maybe remove retreats. I have done really well with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thé community cried so much about hammer that you can Forget it in Amber decks starting 2.86.
    Which is stupid since it didn t make Amber op imo.
    Ppl looking for an op deck tried it a lot when hammer was unbanned but soon switched back to other decks when they realised it Wasnt that strong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is the Amber I have been toying with. It gave me my longest winning streak, 10 games, although I only ranked to 260 (IGN: Nomaspender).

It is fun, but I feel like it needs some more tinkering. I am deliberately trying to get away from a pure rush deck, however, I am concerned that a Amber rush deck, such as Preybird's SF Amber, would beat this one.

Originally I ran 4 Road Less Traveled (RLT), as I really like it's synergy with Priest of Light (POL). Shutting messing with the tempo of opponents shadow abilities is not expected from an Amber deck. However, I dropped one RLT for a Bad Santa because that burst draw can be a game winner.

Let me know what you think. Try it out.

***HERO***
    Amber Rain

***Allies (14)***
    4x Priest of the Light
    2x Fleet-footed Messenger
    1x Braxnorian Veteran
    3x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    4x Yari Bladedancer

***Abilities (17)***
    2x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage