Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Dances with Tigers 2.0

So here is the SF version of „Dances with Tigers“. I tested it alot and final version is very close to previous DP version. Just because SF do not release much cards which fits this deck more than the old ones. Current version is stronger than previous one, but not that dominant in current meta! Its not hard to go over 300 rating with it, but not much more (but current rating distributtion is narrower).
    Deck list:

Hero: Moonstalker

Allies:

2x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Shadow Knight
    4x Death Collector
    4x Tiger Wulf
    4x Bloodpack Shaman

Abilities:

3x Captured Prey
    3x Now You're Mine
    2x Shadow Font
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Blood Moon
    2x Death from Above

Items:

3x Wrath of the Forest
    2x Spectral Sabre

39 + Hero

Deck analysis:

Only big change in this deck is Bloodpack Shaman, but this card change the deck approach a lot (more about it in card analysis).

This deck has answer to everything, lot of anti-ally cards (NYM, CP, DfA, Tiger), Anti item (Tigers – I miss Colossus, but Shaman Loop is good for taking down weapon and armor durability), and also anti attachment (Spectral Sabre). So basically nothing can surprise you (except novas :-(

Game Approach:

Old deck was definitely late game, now you can also play rush if you have right cards, but I don’t recommend it :-) Its mainly late game control deck! I won most of the games around T15, so be patient, you can win the games when you completely lost board control (like your opponent has 4+ allys and you have none on board).

There is two scenarios of finish:

Absolutely controlled game – so you will overhelm him by lot of allys

Stealthed rush – Imagine you play against player who used most of his anti stealth options and you have Shaman Loop and some SK in hand, and stored 5SE:
    Absolutely ignore his allys and go for throat!
    - Cast 2x Shaman and SK and stealth (you have shaman and some 5cc fatty in hand retrieved by SK)
    - next turn do 11 damage (ideal option), play 2x 5cc allys (or 5cc, DC, and Shaman if one was killed through stealth) and stealth again
    - if he is not able to do anything with your stealthed allys you will probably finish him this turn 2x shaman (6), SK (5), PB (7), Tiger or Death Collector (4) = 22 damage
    - if you did not finished him, play shadow font and ally and finish him next turn

Wining conditions:

mostly I win when I have
    - 10 resources
    - bloodpack shaman loop
    - WotF on board
    - SK and Tiger in hand (or plasma)
    - accumulated shadow energy

How to play the deck:

Goin first: you can play agresive game style bcs of 3/1 status of Shaman. So there is a way to play T2 Shaman, T3 Death collector, T4 NYM/DfA + Blood Moon or another Shaman if the previous was killed or you have another one in hand.

I also like T2 Shaman and T3 blood moon – never do it in reverse order!!! Blood pack shaman T2 stops opponent T2 ally mostly, and going first you will not use your ability before T6 (having 5SE stored to use it twice is crucial), so you will get all cards from blood moon.

T4 WotF is best,… the draw power of that card with shaman loop is insane!
    T5 Tiger or Plasma
    T6… Keep saccing and playin allys + nym,cp,dfa and loopin shamans and knights

Going second:

Reactive approach – so mostly T2 blood moon, T3 NYM/CP, T4Wotf (or shaman + DfA if you don’t have WotF), T5 Tiger or Plasma and stealth, next turn another fatty and stealth,… T7 Fatty (mostly SK) + NYM/DfA

Sacrificing:
    You know that sacing is based on your opponent a lot, but here is some general instructions:
    Opening:
    – sac spares (exeptions: Shaman, NYM/DfA against ally buffing heroes – Elementalis, Tala)
    - I usually sac the first Shadow Knight, I play him T7 and later (exeption: If you don’t have PB or Tiger to play T5)
    - You can sac Sacrificial Lamb when you have blood moon (exeption: when you play against warriors and you do not have WotF in hand)
    - Feel free to sac Spectral Sabre against Hunters (exeption: when you do not have anythink to play T4 – use it as weapon to kill opponent ally by it and your ally), think about your opponent deck in other situations, never sac it against warriors
    Later in a game:
    - I mostly sac Blood Moon, most of the time I need just the one at start. Later in a game I mostly sac draw engines bcs I have WotF in game, Shaman Loop and SKs…
    - You can also sac some ally destruction (NYM/CP/DfA) when you have board control, but it still better to have one on hand.
    - Feel free to sac one Tiger if you have spares and SK on hand.
    - Also Death Collector can be sacced later in a game, but I like him on board.

Some Combos and Synergies:

1) Death collector + Now you are mine or Death from Above
    going first:
    T3 Death collector
    T4 NYM/DfA on one ally + ability of collector kill another one = 4/5 ally on board alone T4 with ability to be 5/6 next turn -> force opponent to deal with him, which gives you space to cast 5cc next turn less scared.

2) Tiger and Sacrificial Lamb

Nice combo... use ability of Tiger to deal with something pesky,.... than do 4 damage by him and than cast Sacrificial Lamb on him (will die instead). So for 5cc you have Item or ally destruction, fireball, and draw two cards (even 3 with WotF in play)... WOW

3) Spectral Sabre
    - nice card against warriors, gwen, darclaw, lone wolf... but also a weapon. Good to play T6 when you have Fatty on board and opponent cast also fatty you cant kill by yours... cast Spectral sabre, do 2 damage, finish him by Tiger or Plasma and cast blood moon :-)
    - or you can play it as weapon T4 and kill 5health ally with Shaman (T2 shaman, T3 NYM/CP/DfA on his T3)

4) Death Collector can help you to manage your graveyard for using SK! Very helpfull when you need your covered tiger, plasma or even Shaman back.

5) Shadow Knight and Bloodpack Shaman
    sometimes you don’t have good 5cc but you have two Shamans and SK in hand, so feel free to play both Shamans. You can retrieve Shaman by SK and voila all shamans in your graveyard is usable again. Good combo against Praxis, when he has luck and discard lot of your Shamans.

6) Bloodpack Shaman and Death from Above
    - simple 4cc kill – cast Shaman and use DfA when you have empty board

7) Bloodpack Shaman and WotF
    - these two cards gives you insane draw power, feel free to suicide Shaman to draw card (do it before you play cards – you know the rule “draw first”), than cast another Shaman and fatty or ally kill…

Some Cards analysis

Tiger Wulf – core ally of the deck. He can deal with any ally in the game and also any item. I mostly use SK on him. He is even more crucial now when this deck no longer use Scorche Colossus.

Plasma Behemoth – I like his ability to deal with almost everythink on its own, I also like him against warriors, CP not help much.

Spectral Sabre - necesarry against Amber (won me lot of games - BF, Enrage or cripled allys), and Darclaw... Good against Gwen, Jericho, Vess, some Zhanna builds… Also give chance against Lone Wolf .

Shadow Font - this card is super as suprising move, won me lot of games. I love when I have 2 shadow energy and oponent is looking forward for his turn swing to my allys by his army... and I cast SF and smile at him bcs I know now I can use it another two turns = next turn another stealthed fatty... GG
    - sometimes is good to switch from control to rush finish by shamans and SK. Shadow font can give you one more swing.

Bloodpack Shaman – the definately best new toy for Moonstalker, I find this card insanely powerfull, but its not that easy to pilot Shaman Loop.

1) play T2 going first over T2 Blood moon – always!!!
    2) use him as damage shield – his death means nothink, waste move for your oponent
    - play him to slow down oponent
    - atack by him first and finish by your next ally
    - use them as Armor and weapon durability killer (be avare of Thoughtripper's Cutlass)
    3) When you already have Shaman in graveyard or in board, try to have one in hand always. Only exeption is when you have SK in hand to take it back
    4) you can sacrifice one Shaman but i do it only in desperate situations

3xNYM,3xCP,2xDfA – this split is probably the best, DfA is necessary against Talas Fortified wisps also good against some other new toys (Deepwood bobcat, Gravemonger, Murderous Hulk, Thunderstone Golem, Phoenix Urigon,…)

Death Collector – lot of my guild mates complain about that card, but basicly I did not find any better 3cc ally for MS. I won really lot of games bcs of DC. He is real threat, bcs he can grow insanely. He is also very good ally against Gravebone, Shaman Loops :-), SK loops, Arthyles Crypt loops, Infinity core healing, Soul reaper Healing, Cryptspawn Tormentor, Der'kan, the Bone King, Corpse Hurler, Gravemonger, Necromancer's Shroud
    Last edited by maskee; 10-06-2014 at 06:05 AM.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Other cards options:

Riphide - this guy is good T7, its like 5cc + NYM/DfA but with one card advantage. His biggest problem is that he likes to attack captured allys and can be easyli crippled (so tiger or plasma with NYM/DfA or Shaman is better option).

DreadClaw Totem – Its a good option going second but the problem is that most of the time oponent will kill you ally in his turn so he still have chance to deal with Dreadclaw too. If his ability is trigered at start of your next turn… mmm it will be much better.

Rampant Krygon – actually this is good ally and feel free to switch Death Collectors to him if you like it. I still prefers DC because Rampant is too fragile and DC ability is better I think.

Shriek of vengeance – because this deck no longer plays Colossus, it has bit less power against items, put some Shrieks when meta starts to be full of Zaladar (antimatter, Shard of power + bazzar…) – and it will

Scorched Colossus – I love that guy in this deck, but shamans are better so that’s why I fire him, feel free to put him back, when you see lot of weapon based decks (baduuru, gwen, Threbin, amber…)

Wulven Rally – feel free to put one if you think that this deck do not have enough Tigers to dance with

Wulven Resilience – actually can be good on captured or crippled Tigers, but u will not need it :-)

Fire Snake – put them If you're stupid enough to believe in his supernatural abilities :-) and OPness

Matchups:

Boris - Very Easy - nothink can surprise you, he canīt deal with 5cc fatty every turn and your Shaman Loop. Spectral sabre also gives you lot of win. Remember Dragonīs Tooth do not kill when defend!

Amber - Medium - actually it depends on build a lot... If she plays 4x seductress, retreat, Yari Marksman and criplings you will probably loose. If she dont and you get spectral to remove BF... you will win. Also shadow font is good card here.

Logan - Easy - he can deal with your 5cc better than boris, but you can deal with his weapons

Ter Adun - Very Easy - he will put your draw little bit lower, but with sac lamb and SK looping, Shaman Looping youīll be fine

Eladwen - nightmare – the most dificult match up, you need to have luck mostly T2 shaman, T3 Death collector, T4 Wotf and hope he will not get much novas.

Nishaven - medium - your allys will survive his ability, so its playable, but depends on his draw power and how many novas he play.

Mayja - medium - actually your stealth can deal with her portal very easily, but she still can play novas and finish you by fireballs, be avare of hasted morbid acolyte

Gravebone - medium/hard - you can deal with his allys by your stealth and captured prey, death collector helps with managing his graveyard, but his novas are still painfull. Be sure to have WotF in play and stealth ability to play more stealthed 5cc allys after nova. And your only option to deal with Dakrath is Death Collector + Tiger.

Victor Hearthstricker – medium – its a definately close matchup, but if you have WotF out its playable. Sometimes I just mill him by SK and Shaman loop. Think out early shaman - early Gambit in graveyard help victor a lot!

Gweneth Trueside – easy - you can deal with her weapons preatty easily by Tigers and Shaman Loop.

Jericho - solo one is hard, allyed is easy

Zhanna - easy - Standard control Zhanna never been problem. Get board... tidal... get board tidal ... get board... tidal... get board... GG (or tidal and than get board and GG LOL). She cant deal with SK and Shaman Loop and you can deal with her Aeon and Kings pride easily (Tigers).
    Most of the time I mill her.

Lance - medium - when he plays first and have IGG its dificult match up. Its hard to deal with IGG and ancle breaker when he plays asasinations on your stealthed allys... IGG gives him really strong draw power,... when he plays Black Garb its even worse...

Serena - easy/medium - same as Lance, when she playes first its dificult, actually I have positive ratio against her...

Banebow - medium – his ability with Gambit and Furion Terror can deal with your stealthed fatties so its bit harder than in DP. Shamans helps a lot to Overhelm him (he waste lot of his ability to them).

Baduruu - medium – be avare of snare traps, they can ruin your shaman loop!!! RD build is bit harder than allyed Baduuru

Darkclaw - easy - he cant atack you stealthed, spectral sabre helps a lot

Moonstalker - medium - mirrors are allways interestin you can gave slight advantage bcs of tigers. Millstalker is playable, I played him twice and won. Take care about arthyles scrypt, lone wolf at the end, kill him by SK loop. If you are able to deal with his Evil Ascendant later in a game, Shaman Loop can help a lot.

Elementalis - very easy – NYMs, Captures preys and DfA with Tigers can deal with anny buffed allyes he playes. One of the most easiest oponents.

Zaladar - hard – his new options to draw makes him best hero in SE nowadays, Furion Terror or Brimstone Devourer with Zal ability can deal with your fatties, and also Mind Control. Focus on antimatter, but its hard by Tiger… so if you find too much Zals in meta (and you probably will in some point) pack some extra Shrieks – this also works against Zaladar Shardrush.

Tala Pureheart – easy – you can deal with her protectors easily, never sac DfA. If she playes seductress and retreats it can be more hard but most of them dont.

Aramia - medium - heavy allyed is easier

Ythan Redthorn – easy – he canīt go thrue stealth

Threbin the Righteous – easy - you can mill him, put down his weapons by Shamans (not when his ability is ON!)

Garth Ravensoul – medium - Cutlass can discard your shamans :-), but deal with his IGG and you will win.

Vess Swifthands – easy - he canīt go through your stealth and allys cant hurt you much

Raikka Spellseeker – hard going second, medium going first

Skervox – never faced, but it can be hard, lot of them are mill,... so looping can help

Bloodfang – easy, hard for him to deal with stealth

Praxis – easy – SK looping and Shaman Loop helps a lot here, focus on Antimatter

Thanks for long read, please share your thoughts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow amazing..thanks for sharing
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Logan is your easy match up? I don't think so.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....p!-Hammer-Time
    Last edited by chamthabo; 08-25-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks much for posting this, really enjoyed your original version, this one looks like a lot of fun. Also, excellent writeup on this, great job!
    E T C
    Eliminate The Competition
    Embrace The Craziness

A proud member of ETC Guild
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....The-Next-Phase
    http://asfetc.shadowera.net/index.php?board=1.0

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Loganicon is your easy match up? I don't think so.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....p!-Hammer-Time "

Actually I dont care about weapons too much... Shaman loop can deal with SladgeHammer durability, also SK loop can... And you have spectral to deal with his rampage. Also you know that he canīt go through stealth, so your allys and your hero is safe most of the time. Do not sac shadowfont. You will have accumulated so many eneregy when he put Hammer into play. I have very positive ratio against Logan, but good Logan player who will know this deck can win of course.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    "Loganicon is your easy match up? I don't think so.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....p!-Hammer-Time "

Actually I dont care about weapons too much... Shaman loop can deal with SladgeHammer durability, also SK loop can... And you have spectral to deal with his rampage. Also you know that he canīt go through stealth, so your allys and your hero is safe most of the time. Do not sac shadowfont. You will have accumulated so many eneregy when he put Hammer into play. I have very positive ratio against Logan, but good Logan player who will know this deck can win of course.
    They will be exiled if you use aganist hammer
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome writeup. Love playing this deck.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    They will be exiled if you use aganist hammer
    This!

But aside from that little oversight, its another great write up! Love your guides. Amazing how much work you put in them. Not just listing the cards but going in depth on all of the included cards and even into the sidebord/alternatives.
    Very fun to read

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Maskee!

Awesome write up! Always learn heaps from your work

What are your thoughts on undead MS? And how it compares to your deck?

PS: you spelt scourge collosus scorched collosus in your 2d post