Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SF - Ythan Midnight Warrior (need suggestions)

Hello guys, i really like Ythans, art and abilitie, and now with the new Midnight sentinel art reveled im liking it even more, Midnight is really good with Ythan because Ythans ability gives ambush, so if you summon Midnight on an allie targeted by your hero ability that allie will gain +1 atck and +2 health, i also read in the forum that Dirk and Midnight sentinel would do a good combo, so i made this deck, and they are actually really good, but kind of inconsistent. I really wanna make this deck work but i havent gotten pass 240 rating, i go down and up with this deck:

Hero

1x Ythan Redthorn

Allies:

4x Twilight Opportunist
    3x Bobcat
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Fortfied Wisp
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    3x Midnight Sentinel
    3x Viska, The Scarlet Blade

Abilities

3x Decoy Trap
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    2x A Legend Rises
    1x Nowhere to Hide
    3x The Perfect Shot
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    2x Road Less Traveled
    1x Honored Dead

Weapon

3x Spirit Shuriken

any advice? should i just quit this and go for twilight ythan?

Right now im around, 241 ~ 244 rating (Updated: 08/25/2014)
    Last edited by snipnigth; 08-25-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all I would say that you need spirit shurikan. From all hunters ythan is the worst hunter to recover from loosing board control. Therefore this weapon allowed him together with perfect shot to take out two allies at one turn.
    I would drop Brigitte. You do not need early protection since you are not rushing so she is just taking up space.
    I would also consider adding deep wood bobcat which can gain haste with trap so you can regain board.
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    First of all I would say that you need spirit shurikan. From all hunters ythan is the worst hunter to recover from loosing board control. Therefore this weapon allowed him together with perfect shot to take out two allies at one turn.
    I would drop Brigitte. You do not need early protection since you are not rushing so she is just taking up space.
    I would also consider adding deep wood bobcat which can gain haste with trap so you can regain board.
    I did the changes you suggested and i can feel the difference in the mid late game section of the game, the shuriken really comes in handy for those big allies and it makes perfect shot a certain kill bobcat is also a lot of help when im at 6-8 resource since i can use his ambush+haste so easily due to my hunters abilities, really like it, thx.

-4x Brigitte
    +2x Bobcat
    +2x Shutiken
    Last edited by snipnigth; 08-19-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did some other changes to this deck. Imma just edit the thread, but basically i added 3x Eleanor, Princess of Ellos, with another allie in play she becomes a 3/1 that cant be attacked thats great in combo with Aldo and Sentinel, and its a 2cc card with high damage, i find it to have a lot of synergy with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm also a big fan of midnight sentinel and use it in my rogue decks a lot. Some of your ideas and themes got me thinking:
    1) Wrath of the Forest seems really out of place here - you've got allies that are hard to kill, and you're making them harder to kill with sentinel, then you're using decoy trap on top of that...so your draw from wrath should be minimal.
    2) Surprise attack is usually a mediocre card, but you like ambush in this deck, and you've got a way to make allies attack twice (double draws) and your allies are tough to kill - which is why surprise attack is usually mediocre. In this deck it may be a better draw engine than wrath of the forest.
    3) If you've got surprise attack and are making it work, maybe you could make it work better with Irina Guardian of the Swan

The biggest weakness of this deck is the beginning 4 turns or so. It's not consistent about taking the board early game, and so has to wait until mid game to do so, which others have pointed out is a weakness. Although I like the decoy traps, if this winds up not working well, other traps may be a better choice.

If using surprise attack, then there wind up being a decent amount of attachments - which makes Zailen Crusader potentially worthwhile.

I'm still playing around with these ideas myself, but I just thought I'd throw them out there if anyone wants to try them.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 08-23-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    I'm also a big fan of midnight sentinel and use it in my rogue decks a lot. Some of your ideas and themes got me thinking:
    1) Wrath of the Forest seems really out of place here - you've got allies that are hard to kill, and you're making them harder to kill with sentinel, then you're using decoy trap on top of that...so your draw from wrath should be minimal.
    2) Surprise attack is usually a mediocre card, but you like ambush in this deck, and you've got a way to make allies attack twice (double draws) and your allies are tough to kill - which is why surprise attack is usually mediocre. In this deck it may be a better draw engine than wrath of the forest.
    3) If you've got surprise attack and are making it work, maybe you could make it work better with Irina Guardian of the Swan

The biggest weakness of this deck is the beginning 4 turns or so. It's not consistent about taking the board early game, and so has to wait until mid game to do so, which others have pointed out is a weakness. Although I like the decoy traps, if this winds up not working well, other traps may be a better choice.

If using surprise attack, then there wind up being a decent amount of attachments - which makes Zailen Crusader potentially worthwhile.

I'm still playing around with these ideas myself, but I just thought I'd throw them out there if anyone wants to try them.

You have an interesting point with wrath of the forest, it has worked ok for me but your right it sometimes comes in conflict with decoy trap and sandworm, i have used SA in other versions of the deck and it wasent half bad, but the allie i equiped it on ended up getting focused and killed really fast...with wotf i feel i have a safer draw game with allies in board than with SA, but the allies im using are harder to kill now so it woudent hurt trying it again. Also the 1 defense from wotf belive it or not, has helped me to mitigate damage somewhat.

I absolutely love decoy trap on this deck, if you dont have any allies on board then ythan is completely useless, thats the main reason why decoy trap is on this deck, this deck focus on pumping 1 allie so you can use ythans ability on it and go for masive damage, most of the time that allie get really focused, so thats why i feel the need of packing decoy trap and it has worked really well in my favor for now, it also a great card to haste up bobcat.

I really cant find space for Zailen Crusader, i use to run 4 of her in another deck, but find her to be a waste, i prefer having aldo and sentinel, they actually pump up my allies, althoug she has a really good turn 4 combo with bobcat and hunters gambit, but kind of hard to pull.

Ill like to have at least 2 or 3 layarian seductress, seems like a nice idea, any suggestions on what could i replace for her? Maybe -1 shuriken and -1 bobcat and +2 layarian seductress?
    Last edited by snipnigth; 08-23-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As Bobrossw suggested i replaced WOTF for 2 road less traveled and 1 honored dead, it has worked really really good and has made the deck a lot more consistent, also one of the best additions was Twilight Opportunist, she in combination with Decoy Trap is a beast, also she last longer on the field because she has 4 health. This changes where made like 1 or 2 days ago, so im feeling i could get higher ratings with this deck.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 08-25-2014 at 03:55 PM.