Close

Thread: Vs. The A.I.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Vs. The A.I.

I am a creature of habit. And the one thing I HAVE TO do is run a deck vs. the A.I. before I play a live person. Even though the A.I. is suboptimal, my mental reasoning is that if the deck can't beat the A.I., what chance does it have versus a live opponent. Also, I don't have the time to commit to a guild for play testing.

With that said, I've noticed some things with going against the A.I. since I began playing SE.

1) The A.I. opponents no longer change for me when I level. Not a big thing as I don't care for their decks anyways, but I thought after leveling a player gets a new set of enemies to fight.

2) I like the fact that I can create custom A.I. to play against, but I hate the fact that every time I do it, I have to make a new deck each time. Why isn't there a way to save the decks we make in A.I. or at the very least load our own deck lists to play against. This seems like a feature that would be well received if you guys implemented it.

3) Why are custom A.I. Decks only limited to CotC? It was not so bad when only Prophecies was the only expansion, but now with Shattered Fates, even the best CotC decks are somewhat handicapped.

Ultimately the best way to fix this is just allow players to play against their own deck lists in A.I. mode. Most folks have taken the best the forum has to offer for their own anyways. And at worst the A.I. Will just play like a bad human player with good cards. And to let the A.I. have access to all the cards within the game.

Thank you.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can make a custom deck to play against.

Other then that, the fact that the AI is limited and bad is known, and part of a fix is due with this expansion.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    #2 is a great idea, I'd love to play against my own decks. But from what I understand, the AI requires new algorithms for each individual card it can play. There's a lot of cards between the two expansions, and that's probably just too many manhours to invest in something that...might not be a priority to a large portion of the community?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah there's an idea from Kyle/Wulven to have SE players create A1 decks so they can test them and see what really works, plus the A1 is better than it was. Hopefully when SF is fully released we will SE an AI with some ability. Until then it is a great way to practice, and grind a little gold.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    You can make a custom deck to play against.

Other then that, the fact that the AI is limited and bad is known, and part of a fix is due with this expansion.
    Um...did you read number two? It's the matter of having to do it each time you change the AI hero. We should be able to save the ones we create at the very least.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think he is confused. There is a lot that still needs to be done.
    Last edited by akratch; 08-27-2014 at 11:51 AM.