Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Moonstalker kinda op

Just finished a game vs a guy playing Moonstalker. He had a "deck" that thanks to his ability was focusing on not dying until the enemy has no cards so he will lose occasionally.I think his ability should cost 4 shadow energy or 5. Now he can use his ability for 4 turns in a row and heal 8 dmg with lone wolf. With the help of rainy delay or shadow font he gets 2-3 more turns. So playing a hero focusing on allies or killing them U can do nothing.Ended up playing a game for 20 mins dealing about 80 dmg and he did 35 with him playing 4 allies at total and he won. Also all ur allies get 1 dmg at every turn (forgot cards name. Think it's bad....)At the end all urban allies are dead u have no cards and he is still alive with heals and 1 dmg per turn (big teeth)

If he had ability with more cost it would change the way he is played. Then u could use his ability to protect a strong allies like ripmaw and then play griptooth to protect him more. He still would stay a strong class but now it's pretty broken in my opinion

Sry for long post
    A1 - Evolution in Theory

How to join A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well this is called "Moonstaller" or "Millstalker".
    Play mages and you own them usually.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's nothing new. It's pretty common to me that I cannot touch him for 10 turns + in a row it's just a marathon test of my patience. These days whenever I see a moonstalker I just quit even if I can win it isn't worth my time it's just long, boring and very predictable what cards he will play. That's a design gone wrong but they are too proud to admit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really hate moonstalker for the same reazon, really annoying long games, and thx to bloodpack shaman, if your deck dosent pack something to remove it of the game, then it will be almost imposible to regain board control, a nice card to counter him is "Nowhere to hide", but the card is so specifically made to counter him that is a waste to pack more than 1....it all depends on that lucky nowhere to hide draw.

I agree, MS should be 4se, 5 will not be fair, but i dont think this changes are gonna be posible since that set is already out in the physical version.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 08-23-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, so you met a Millstalker... :3

My condolences
    Knight of the Dragon Order
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix (click)
    Greatness, Reborn

My current achievements:Achievements
    PFG3 Member

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
    https://twitter.com/meeeklosh
    https://www.twitch.tv/meeklosh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milosradojevicvp/videos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you didn't tech for millstalker he could be tough. But a bit of removal for lone wolf and some direct damage he's not bad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker and Millstalker decks are just a kind of rock-paper-scissor style deck. They wind up being very powerful vs a few types of decks, but very weak vs others. I personally don't like to play that type of deck because the game winds up being just a silly game of chance - depending on who you play against, you either win or lose, and your playing skill doesn't matter much.

Since you don't play those decks that easily beat moonstalker, you only see the strength and it seems OP. Other examples of this would be solo weapon decks, mill decks or certain rush decks. Moonstalker has difficult match-ups as well, as other people said, mages give them a very hard time. Zaladar tends to do well against most moonstalker decks as well. That's why those decks aren't really competitive, they lose enough to be inconsistent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In no way does the game become chance with stall decks. Control requires more thought and planning. You just cant control everything so there is auto lose conditions for hard control.

If you want to argue thoughtless playstyles rush and burn sould be at the top as they are the easiest to build, require no knowledge of your opponents deck, and use little to no control at all. They just go for the throat. This is why mage is recommended to new players. They have the most proactive cards and top deck so well that they barely need to focus on draw. Control would be at the bottom, being reactive they require the most card knowledge and need to plan careful to keep hold of the flow of the game.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
    In no way does the game become chance with stall decks. Control requires more thought and planning. You just cant control everything so there is auto lose conditions for hard control.
    -wasn't arguing that control is mindless, but with those stall decks there are matchups that are auto-win and matchups that are auto-lose, and then there are a few that could go either way. I agree, in general control requires more understanding of the game than rush strategies, but by min-maxing, most heroes can be made into a rock-paper-scissors style game - that to me becomes boring to play.

It's very common for any deck to have at least one or two auto-wins and auto-losses. For me, balanced and fun decks try to minimize auto-losses, which often means having a balance between auto-wins and wins that require skill and luck during the game.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 08-24-2014 at 12:01 AM.