Close

Thread: noob or ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

noob or ?

so this happened a few times already, after my turn.. my opponent wont end their turn.. they just stay still like that, so i tried to wait wait and wait but they still for a long time.. so i was wondering is it just their trick to get a noob win or its a connection??

reply is really appreciated ! thanks.
    IGN: fieldofice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think what happens is sometimes players leave during your turn and then the game kinda hangs and has to time out which takes like 5 minutes, usually i will type messages and click on status and stuff to make sure i am still connected, usually eventually you will get a win.

sometimes tho if after 5 minutes the game doesnt time out you just have to leave
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ive only seen this as a strat maybe twice and always and extreme low levels after resets.

Like pj said it is usually the player quitting and the server not getting the kill command so you get stuck waiting for the buffer timeout.

Se is also bad about hiccups in connection. There are moments with some routers where for a split second you disconnect and reconnect and if this happens in game the server forgets who you are and thinks you left (this is how it appears to me at least) so type a quick message to see if its you, if you see your text its the other player. If its you you can wait a couple minites then try switching out and disconnecting and reconnecting your wifi. The server willl sometimes get your reconnect signal and pick up where you left off. (from experience on ios, droid and pc may differ)
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    i think what happens is sometimes players leave during your turn and then the game kinda hangs and has to time out which takes like 5 minutes, usually i will type messages and click on status and stuff to make sure i am still connected, usually eventually you will get a win.

sometimes tho if after 5 minutes the game doesnt time out you just have to leave
    yeah i tried to chat before to make sure im still connected.. i also chat " OFFER DRAW " but its declined.. or is that any timer for offer draw? well it suck.. because sometimes when i win the game, its such a suck lose because of this end turn

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
    Ive only seen this as a strat maybe twice and always and extreme low levels after resets.

Like pj said it is usually the player quitting and the server not getting the kill command so you get stuck waiting for the buffer timeout.

Se is also bad about hiccups in connection. There are moments with some routers where for a split second you disconnect and reconnect and if this happens in game the server forgets who you are and thinks you left (this is how it appears to me at least) so type a quick message to see if its you, if you see your text its the other player. If its you you can wait a couple minites then try switching out and disconnecting and reconnecting your wifi. The server willl sometimes get your reconnect signal and pick up where you left off. (from experience on ios, droid and pc may differ)
    i wait for around 10 minutes lol and it really make me mad so i just leave and thank God its only -2 rating ~_~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Happens to me a lot. Sucks when you are trying to run for top 100 where every win counts and rating has to be as high as possible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Fury View Post
    Happens to me a lot. Sucks when you are trying to run for top 100 where every win counts and rating has to be as high as possible.
    yeah i feel you bro

anyway is it possible if enemy not DC but they not want to press the end turn? i remember theres a timer around 1 minute / turn isnt it?