Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That ol' ghostmaker bug (not a bug)

Gondorian,

I didn't see this addressed in the patch note changes, can you confirm if the bug is fixed in 2.86?

Playing Therebin, using ghostmaker while using twilight tribe, brings back 2 allies. I have had this used on me a few times now it's really annoying.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's not a bug, check the text of Ghostmaker. Threbin does combat damage twice when he attacks, therefore you get two allies. There is a bug related to GM, which supposedly has been fixed: If attacking someone with armor, GM would still bring back allies as if it had done damage, even when it hadn't. I believe this also worked with Threbin's ability when used against Spelleater Bands (don't recall for sure though).

So yeah aside from the armor thing, which should be fixed, nothing to worry about, it's a completely legitimate use of GM. to counter it, after the patch, armor of any kind will work well (though Threbin can still damage through armor with his ability - but he won't get two allies). Attacking Threbin with allies will also work, though it might cost you the board. Do not attack Threbin with a weapon when he's got Ghostmaker out - especially if he used his ability.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-01-2014 at 06:26 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    That's not a bug, check the text of Ghostmaker. Threbin does combat damage twice when he attacks, therefore you get two allies.
    You're right for wrong reasons. He damages another hero in combat twice (once with combat damage and once with his ability).