Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

yari bladedancer and buff/debuff effects

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, but if you use the bladedancer to buff an ally then change the yari s attack, the ally gets the change as well.

So, if I have a 1/1 twilight herald and I use a blade dancer on him, it becomes 3\1. Then I use the twilight on the yari and the twilight becomes 4\1. If I then use final flourish and kill the yari, the twilight loses all bonuses and becomes 1\1 again.

Intended or buggy?

Edit because the forum won't let me reply to this thread: that helps, but only answers half of the question. Also it raises the issue of wording, as the blade dancer says "u til end of turn" and no where says "while yari blade dancer remains in play. The missed half is: what about the fluxuating bonus, is it supposed to be continuously changing or fixed at the time of activation?
    Last edited by Khamya9; 08-19-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

Yari Bladedancer needs to remain in play for his ability to give one of your friendly allies bonus attack. If Yari Bladedance leaves play then the effect will end because the source of the ability is no longer in play. X in this case is equal to Yari Bladedancer's attack so he actually needs to be present on the board to "give" his attack value to another ally.

Hope that helps!
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamya9 View Post

Edit because the forum won't let me reply to this thread: that helps, but only answers half of the question. Also it raises the issue of wording, as the blade dancer says "u til end of turn" and no where says "while yari blade dancer remains in play. The missed half is: what about the fluxuating bonus, is it supposed to be continuously changing or fixed at the time of activation?
    Bladedancer's effect remains in effect until the end of the turn only while he is in play to provide his effect. It's similar to how an Extra Sharp provides +2 attack until the start of your next only as long as it remains attached to the ally in question. Only negative effects such as ablaze/poison persist even after the source card is sent to the graveyard.

And yes, the Bladedancer's bonus attack is a fluctuating bonus. The X value is always equal to the bladedancer's attack. If his attack is 1, it gives +1 attack. If his attack is bumped up to 5, it gives +5 attack, etc.
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101