Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

2.85 iPad 2 crashes

Is 2.85 for iOS completely broken, or is it just my situation?

I'm on DSL for the time being, and after I log in the app begins the old familiar download crawl. It ticks away veeerrryyy slowly, often 1/10th of a percent per second, and never finishes downloading. If I switch away from the log-in screen, the app shuts down. If I leave the app open, the powersaving function blanks the screen and the app shuts down.

So, I am forced to watch very carefully and tickle the screen from time to time to keep the app alive while it tries for the umpteenth time to 'download' , but it crashes anyway!

iOS 7.1.1 on iPad 2 32GB WiFi only, w/13.4 GB available

edit: after forcing the app out of memory and restarting my iPad, I was able to keep it awake and download completely.

Now, I cannot scroll through my collection without crashing the program! This problem affected my primary account when using 2.84, but now my secondary account crashes, too.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to hear anyone's ideas to solve this. If everything works fine for you on an iPad or iPad2, please let me know what iOS version you are running.

I have several apps that have large footprints (huge databases, games with a lot of content, etc.) and these other apps do not crash my iPad.

I don't think there is any evidence of a hardware problem with my device.

i am not aware of any particular network problem at my location, but I don't know which protocols are in use, so who knows?

I continue to experience stalling of the data download, often at 66.67%, and I see crashes just after being matched up for QM as well as when trying to use the deckbuilder.

I am going to try dumping the app and restarting the iPad, but I don't think it is reasonable to have to do this every day.

If anybody else is having problems like I am, please post your details here. I don't know if Kyle and Co. even read this sub-forum. It often seems like only peers helping each other now that Demnchi is on hiatus.

I'd really like to play on my iPad again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I experience the same problem. I use iPad mini first gen which runs similar hardware with iPad 2.

Ever since the update my SE app crashes a lot. And now its to a point where I don't bother opening it due to the hassle it brings.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I test on iPad 1 and iPad 3 and don't have any problems, but perhaps it's because I don't use it for much else. We are currently working on reducing the memory footprint of the game so that it can run smoother and not have out of memory errors. But in the meantime, if you're plauged by this issue you might want to try removing apps that you're not using from memory by double tapping the home button, then swipping up on the screenshot to close it. This will free up memory for running apps. Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jo3y: What version of iOS are you running?

There is a fairly recent 7.something that I haven't installed because it didn't offer anything that seemed important to me. I usually wait until there is something critical or until everybody is happy with the update. Why fix something that isn't broken? I'm thinking it may be time to try the update.

@Kyle: To reproduce this problem, try installing something else with a large footprint, like Marvel Puzzle Quest, and leave both apps open while doing routine stuff like internet and email. Just play a bit on each. After a while Shadow Era will log you out, and you will have to wait for it to download a lot of temporary data. (I think this data may be SF card art).

Sometimes 25 or 33 percent will complete instantly, then you must wait while the hundredths of percent tick by. Sometimes the download will complete, sometimes it will stall somewhere and not resume despite a reliable internet connection.

Eventually you'll see that the app crashes to the desktop and you have been logged out. I can no longer use my iPad for deckbuilding or merchant stuff, and sometimes I can't play at all without crashing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you go to Settings->General->Usage and see that you have at least 500mb free space? If you can't download the stuff or it doesn't save it, then you might not have enough free storage space on your device.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From my OP

Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    iOS 7.1.1 on iPad 2 32GB WiFi only, w/13.4 GB available
    SE app size is reported as 155 MB

Documents & Data is 687 MB

I'll try to check these stats again after a crash....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I use the 7.1.1 with 2.3gb of free memory. And like A Player, I also have to reload stuff from 66% everytime I log in. This didn't happen before the update
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder