Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
    Online experience not rated by the ESRB
    Beware online content can contain mature subject matter and is not suitable for all ages.

Nerdrage will always exists, stop acting like shocked nuns hearing the word 'penis' for the first time.

Or

Learn that words only hurt if you let them and grow up.

If words make you sad inside -> Turn Chat OFF

The cold turths are simple, what he said rang true in your eyes and that gave the statement weight and upset you. You dont have faith in wulven support to correct this problem via the report option. You rather walk down a dark alley in a three piece suit and cry about muggers instead of turning chat off.

Lastly, you felt a need for retribution and posted his IGN here in public so you and others can flame him under the guise of white-knighting for childrens virgin eyes.

These cancer posts cause more harm than if you just ignored it. What makes you so special that the rest of us need to be subjected to the same foul language you did? You realize on any other board you would be liable for swearing with that pic? Or does this elude you?

If he is wrong for making the statement, why are you not wrong for repeating it?.
    Boom! Shots fired.

He does have a point though. It is never a forums policy to post players IGN's in player disputes. You could have blocked the name out.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Online experience not rated by the ESRB
    Beware online content can contain mature subject matter and is not suitable for all ages.

Nerdrage will always exists, stop acting like shocked nuns hearing the word 'penis' for the first time.

Or

Learn that words only hurt if you let them and grow up.

If words make you sad inside -> Turn Chat OFF

The cold turths are simple, what he said rang true in your eyes and that gave the statement weight and upset you. You dont have faith in wulven support to correct this problem via the report option. You rather walk down a dark alley in a three piece suit and cry about muggers instead of turning chat off.

Lastly, you felt a need for retribution and posted his IGN here in public so you and others can flame him under the guise of white-knighting for childrens virgin eyes.

These cancer posts cause more harm than if you just ignored it. What makes you so special that the rest of us need to be subjected to the same foul language you did? You realize on any other board you would be liable for swearing with that pic? Or does this elude you?

If he is wrong for making the statement, why are you not wrong for repeating it?.
    Words hurt and upset; it's human nature to seek justice and revenge. We can't all have a heart made of stone.
    I take pleasure in the public shaming of people who misbehave and I think many people can relate or tabloid journalism wouldn't exist.
    If wulven has a policy against these posts then they are free to delete them. If it were up to me we'd have a sticky with the IGNs of all the immature brats out there.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Completely true. But honestly, people like that are just trolls. It takes the steam out of them if you reply with something extremely polite, then turn chat off. Posting on the forums or replying angrily, however, gives them the attention they want and encourages them to carry on.
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Words hurt and upset; it's human nature to seek justice and revenge. We can't all have a heart made of stone.
    I take pleasure in the public shaming of people who misbehave and I think many people can relate or tabloid journalism wouldn't exist.
    If wulven has a policy against these posts then they are free to delete them. If it were up to me we'd have a sticky with the IGNs of all the immature brats out there.
    >implying this entire post was the mature way to handle this situation

Disputes between you and other players are between you, the other player, and the company.
    Make your report in the manner suggested all over the forums and in game and let mom and dad clean up.

Throwing a tantrum here and trying to flame the other user is unacceptable no matter what the situation. Sure he used a naughty word and told him in a less than polite way that he needs practice but thats also where it stopped. He moved on and played another game.

This guy on the other hand decide it was a good idea to not only flame his account by posting his ign but also to bring the same language that offended him so badly to the eyes of others.

Wulven has done all they need to to allow you to tailor chat to your needs to avoid this situation.
    They will not disable chat, its been discussed.
    They do take action against serious offenses.
    If you think chat filters work please play kingdoms of camelot
    If you think tribunals work, please play league of legends
    If you think perm bans work, play on an alt account

This is a problem all multiplayer games have. There are always poor sports and there are always crying kids.
    Just please, dont post this trash in public, you are no better than ingrid so get off the horse and grab a tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Completely true. But honestly, people like that are just trolls. It takes the steam out of them if you reply with something extremely polite, then turn chat off. Posting on the forums or replying angrily, however, gives them the attention they want and encourages them to carry on.
    Trolling is convincing someone of an obvious lie so that they make themselves look foolish.
    Baiting is saying or doing something with the intent of pissing someone off.

That example is neither, that was poor sportsmanship and a bm version of GG. After watching the replay I can even understand the frustration on ingrids part with the plays made and would be willing to bet that if you add poor internet or slow turns it is quite possible ingrid felt like they were being 'toyed' with and was upset for wasting the time played. If it appeared to be a slow roll bm even I would have some choice words to share.

Tl;dr its been discussed and nothing will change, report bm players to support, attacking a user publicly should not be tolerated by moderators or the community, if I had my way this thread would result in a 30 day forum ban.
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 08-19-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that these issues should be sent directly for support to look into. Locking this thread now.