Close

Thread: Discard Serena

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Discard Serena

Based on Consistent Serena. Mines is a trimmed version.

Serena

4 Nightshade
    4 Night Owl
    4 Sword Thief
    2 Lily Rosencult
    2 Viska
    16 Allies

4 Assassination
    4 Stop, Thief!
    8 Abilities

4 Ill Gotten Gains
    4 Anklebreaker
    4 Thoughtripper's Cutlass
    4 Black Garb
    16 Items

This deck really needs very little explanation. It is quite simple to use.

Controlling the board-

•Mostly either 1 Nightshade or a Night Owl played with stealth and Assassination to remove threats.

Sword Thief is good to disable enemies as they cannot attack or defend, which you can then proceed to kill with impunity.

Black Garb makes it so anything attacking you also dies.

Anklebreaker is my weapon of choice to go to town against allies and control the game. It's -1 Base damage. Disables and deals 2-4 Damage with Serena's ability.

Running the enemy dry-

•Cutlass can be used on allies or 'weaponized' with Serena's ability against a Hero. Whether Hero or an Ally opponent loses a card anyway.

•A 'weaponized' Anklebreaker on the Hero also does the job although not as good as Cutlass for it in my opinion.

Stop, Thief! Is really for their Card Drawing Engines and that's usually the only thing I use it on.
    Last edited by IssacFrost; 08-17-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    where is black garb?
    chamthabo
    Sandrider of Arrakis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN : BP chamthabo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chamthabo View Post
    where is black garb?
    I posted the wrong list... Heh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Almost the same as my list.. thats a nice build i woud say.. its pretty simple and straight forward.. im still testing that for a wee now and i managed to get to atleast 240 rank.. but only play up to 4 games a day.. really busy..

I started my deck list pretty much same as what you have and have it tweaked and swap some cards..

Try my list
    -4 night owl
    +2 viska
    +2 retreat!
    -1 assassination
    +1 elicit information
    -1 ankle breaker
    +1 spelleater band

Im still tweaking though..
    Nice deck bro..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This deck runs pretty smoothly once it gets going with great control, disabling, damage and discard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd recommend trying to fit in 2 Garth's Concoctions and 2 Sorcerors of Endia. The Concoctions work really well to stop a rush, and especially with those Aramia rush decks, where they get items to take out your black garbs or allies. Socererors have many uses and can double as a heavy hitter. They're especially strong vs warriors to take out their Blood Frenzy, and can win the game vs Millstalker (taking out a Full Moon at the right time, or even Lone Wolf).

Cards I may swap out for those in this list would be -2 assassinations, -1 stop thief, -1 sword thief

I also really like having 1-2 A Legend Rises in deck, which I mainly use to counter disabling attachments (I'll typically resource them if I'm not playing against someone who runs them).
    Spirit Shuriken can really come in handy in certain situations, and I think it can make sense to have 2 ABs and 2 Spirit Shurikens in a deck. Currently, I've only got 4 Cutlasses and 2 Spirit Shuriken in my deck and just hit 300 yesterday.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 11-05-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Spirit Shuriken can really come in handy in certain situations, and I think it can make sense to have 2 ABs and 2 Spirit Shurikens in a deck. Currently, I've only got 4 Cutlasses and 2 Spirit Shuriken in my deck and just hit 300 yesterday.
    I also only have 2 spirit shuriken and 4 cutlass, this weapon size may seem a bit too small for a hero to be dependent on weapons to activate her ability, but it does the job most of the time. Serena really got a boost from the cutlass. Also, nightshade has a really nice passive, but I find that layarian seductress gives more of the control that almost everyone is looking for. Paired with sword thief gives me 6 control cards in my deck. I'm not sure if you find yourself not getting enough draw sometimes, but I have backstab and repaid in full to help with the draw. One more thing, at first I thought that Oliver fagin was such a terrible card, but I just added one copy of it and this card is awesome, instasac in early game, but very useful in situational late game. Hope that helps.