Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If that card has any costs other then 0, i would just run gargoyles and acolytes again. The whole point of it is to cast it together with allies. Even 1cc would make many plays impossible and would break undead builds. Btw these kind of decks are one of few things that keep zaladar and burn mages in bay. Do you really want these to run rampant again.

And unless I am absolutely in dire need to destroy my opponents grave resistance I would rather keep my item d for important stuff like their draw engine and use spells to control the board for 3 turns. If you are unable to do that you are either being outplayed and you need to accept that will happen from tine to time or there is something wrong with your deck and you need to rebuild it.
    Last edited by Veles; 08-16-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For 3 turns at 0 cost is a bit much. You can't keep burn mages at bay for 2 turns? The cost doesn't seem in line with the potential power it brings to the play field when considering what other support abilities cost at least 1 or 2 resources to play. People that play it are of course going to defend it. You do make a good point about how effective it is against direct damage like mages or Zal. Someone who doesn't play direct damage build and relies on weapons or allies is another story. That's where the lack of any cost gets a major advantage or these kinds of decks. Free cost just doesn't seem reasonable for any card no matter what its impact is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    If that card has any costs other then 0, i would just run gargoyles and acolytes again. The whole point of it is to cast it together with allies. Even 1cc would make many plays impossible and would break undead builds. Btw these kind of decks are one of few things that keep zaladar and burn mages in bay. Do you really want these to run rampant again.

And unless I am absolutely in dire need to destroy my opponents grave resistance I would rather keep my item d for important stuff like their draw engine and use spells to control the board for 3 turns. If you are unable to do that you are either being outplayed and you need to accept that will happen from tine to time or there is something wrong with your deck and you need to rebuild it.
    Yep. Nerfing this by increasing the cost will really upset the balance of the Undead tribe decks. As it is it takes valuable deck space, that's your cost. It's bloody useless without a menagerie of allies to cast with it, which means you have to prepare your hand.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't mind free cost cards actually

I think they bring a interesting element to deck building

When you think about grave resistance ...

the cost of having the card isn't really 0

The cost of having such a card is forcing you to play the undead theme

So instead of playing Krygon or gargoyle ... you play Death collector

Instead of playing Furrion terror ... you play shadow knight

That is the real cost of the card and because of that the DT must have thought that it deserves 0 resources which I don't mind

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    I don't mind free cost cards actually

I think they bring a interesting element to deck building

When you think about grave resistance ...

the cost of having the card isn't really 0

The cost of having such a card is forcing you to play the undead theme

So instead of playing Krygon or gargoyle ... you play Death collector

Instead of playing Furrion terror ... you play shadow knight

That is the real cost of the card and because of that the DT must have thought that it deserves 0 resources which I don't mind

Although such thinking works for the moment, it does not work well with what may come in future expansions. The Undead archetype may become a full-fledged threat, making Grave Resistance into a meta-breaking hindrance. This is an issue I believe occurs with all types of tcg - capitalizing on the past expansions without ruining the path for future expansions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would seem more fair if my yari had it too , Remake that crummy pride of the yaro into grave resistance.

@whoever it was: you misunderstood me. I was playing vess VS an undead deck.
    Member of ETC, your local friendly guild: http://asfetc.shadowera.net/index.php?board=1.0

IGN:
    namor (aramia flameforged- needs upgrading)
    lovely (moonstalker undead- main since forever)
    krolroma (aramia twilight- waiting for the meta to align)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it does get nerfed by increasing its' cost. Than Tombstone Beacon should get a buff. Perhaps by allowing it to be triggered by any undead card (item, ability, ally). Would compliment both of these cards with each other.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Folks, here's the breakdown of the cards actual costs:

1) Lost deck space
    2) Lost card in hand
    3) Only works with Undead tribe, limiting deckbuilding possibilities

Additionally, as has already been stated, it needs the technical casting cost of "0" to ensure it continues to work as all other cards do in SE.
    This card with a casting cost would be terrible. Trust me.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...to all Human grave resistance haters: Your protector on (ex.) Yari Spearman is also technically cc 0, the 3cc you pay is for the ally, protector comes free-of-charge xD
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...to all Human grave resistance haters: Your protector on (ex.) Yari Spearman is also technically cc 0, the 3cc you pay is for the ally, protector comes free-of-charge xD
    What? That is horrible logic. Brutalis is a 1/4 and costs 2. You pay that 1 resource for the abilities and yari class.

This card is OK in my book.