Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yari Bladedancer

I exhaust Yari Bladedancer to bestow his ability on another ally of mine, then I target my bladedancer with Road Less Traveled and the attack bonus he bestows upon my ally leaves play with the bladedancer. Im not sure if this is intentional or a bug. If it is not a bug then the wording needs to be changed from "until end of turn" to "when Yari Bladedancer leaves play".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    imo not a bug, Bladedancer's ability reads "target other friendly ally has +X attack until the end of turn, where X is Yari Bladedancer's attack", but once you return him back to your hand he is not in play anymore, thus cannot have any attack "reachable" by the other ally still in play
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    According to the rulebook, it's not a bug. Because bladedancer's buff is not a key word like poisoned or ablaze that is in bold font, it requires bladedancer in play.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When Yari Bladedancer is attached with a consuming fear, it appears to successfully transfer attack until the animation completes. However no attack is transferred at all. This is consistent with the card text so I would think that your case is not a bug either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It should not be that way. For me it seems far more logical with the current wording that you exhaust him and grant his attack to another ally. Done. As the value got added, why should there be any link with his presence as the effect has already been granted? If he leaves play, the ally should keep the added attack. If it isn't explicitly worded that he has to be on the field, then the way it works now is false. If it is intentional, they should change the wording.
    Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Heimdall

Helpful links :: Deck builder :: IRC Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    It should not be that way. For me it seems far more logical with the current wording that you exhaust him and grant his attack to another ally. Done. As the value got added, why should there be any link with his presence as the effect has already been granted? If he leaves play, the ally should keep the added attack. If it isn't explicitly worded that he has to be on the field, then the way it works now is false. If it is intentional, they should change the wording.
    I agree, but the problem is a clause was added to the rule book that any all effects that are not permanent and/or are negative effects are only applicable IF the source remains in play (may not be exact wording of the rule). So this interaction is technically correct. The rule was created to lighten up on the wording "while in play" that you see on older cards.

Personally, I'm still of the mind it was a terrible decision, but its the one we currently have to deal with.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand now it is the rule that prevents him from working like he should so IMO the rule is bugged. I would think a rule as complex as this should have been handled with better care. This rule seems like an afterthought.
    Last edited by Prop215; 08-15-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not a big issue, as the ability ends on your turn anyway attack with the buffed ally THEN use RLT on Bladedancer. Just change your play order a bit and you cam have your cake and eat it too
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Not a big issue, as the ability ends on your turn anyway attack with the buffed ally THEN use RLT on Bladedancer. Just change your play order a bit and you cam have your cake and eat it too
    LOl, yea this is excactly what I have done, thank you for your advice. I like cake, it just depends on who makes it. I swear I didnt eat a single twinkie until hostess came back..lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Maybe when you return YB by RLT you get Aldon or T.hierloom or any buff, Like KP, so your boosted ally gets double boost, one by YB and the other by the new draw cards, so this can't be done right now
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild