Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Millstaller

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    Mills taller is the definition of NPE. You play a game like this to DO things, not sit there waiting to see what invulnerability effect he plays next.

A couple of hints for soft techs that may help against this deck archetype and are not completely useless in others:

Saymehts retribution: kills Evil Ascendant, or a draw engine but more importantly it can kill a rain delay or even better, full moon at a crucial point. Moons talkers love to play full moon right at the last minute to save thier ass while the build up enough shadow for back to back stealths.

Boomerang: because it always goes back to the deck you will always have cards to draw. Just camp on 7 card in hand and throw a boomerang every turn once they are all you have left.
    Just play Eladwin or quit.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to twio, this is how i treat millstalkers
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...i would drag the game too, completely ignoring the 'end turn' button. don't get me wrong, the deck as such is well thought through as well as put together, its just that it is one heck of a nightmare to play against

also, mind u there now is a new kid on the stall block, Skervox, who does pretty much the same thing as the guy above xD
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do the same thing vs millstalker. Its not about getting one up n the person playing millstalker- just like you they are simply watching the TV or reading a book on those super long turns. Its more about the rest of the SE community, for the 1 hour the millstalker player isn't inflicting their NPE on anyone else. Also if everyone does it they will soon give up on it.

Note you should do this regardless of whether or not you can beat them, still drag out your turns win or lose.

You don't necessarily need anti stealth tech to win, you just need to take down their draw engine and keep it/them down. Without draw they always lose. Shrieks, twilight ritualist (esp with decoy trap or eidelon), Gaderi reaver all do the business here and allow you to beat millstalker without including tech that will be useless in other matches. OFCif they keep top decking draw engines you have lost but that's life. Besides winning is secondary to dragging the game on as long as possible anyway.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Option number 1 doesn't work if they run Chains of Torment. You keep throwing stuff to make it more powerful so he can finish you sooner.

And what are you doing is indeed not right. If I don't have an answer I would concede and use that hour of my life for something more positive.

Other option is that DT and Kyle come to their senses and kill the core of his power which I believe is Lone Wolf.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Who was the opponent? And was there actually any mill in there? And was it full solo or what?

I believe Misanthropic was offering to play Moonstaller to get some experience and stats so maybe the deck you faced is one worthy of his testing?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Well you are right.
    But millstalker just won because all he wanna do is to waste your time and now you make him more than satisfied...
    I wouldn't say he was satisfied. He made it very clear he wasn't happy about how long I was taking and I told him that what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    And what are you doing is indeed not right. If I don't have an answer I would concede and use that hour of my life for something more positive.
    I was reading a book while I was playing, was barely paying attention to what he was doing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Who was the opponent? And was there actually any mill in there? And was it full solo or what?

I believe Misanthropic was offering to play Moonstaller to get some experience and stats so maybe the deck you faced is one worthy of his testing?
    From memory his IGN is Kurt13. Standard Moonstaller, 60ish cards with the usual EA, Bazaar, WBT. Tried looping Furrions with Crypt to speed up the win but I exiled them all with Hammer and healed with Rampage, top lel. Was also using Loom of Fate and Aldmor Accelerator.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still think the introduction of some kind of timer would solve this issue by putting a soft cap on stall decks.

It will be needed for automated tournaments anyways.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    I still think the introduction of some kind of timer would solve this issue by putting a soft cap on stall decks.

It will be needed for automated tournaments anyways.
    Yes. Banning Moonstaller is not the answer, because there are other decks capable of taking longer than most people would like as well.

The length of time is the problem, and this is not something unique to Shadow Era. As other games do, we should enforce time limits in tournaments. And potentially on rated Quick Match as well, once we add the option for Unrated Quick Match.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker takes ages to play because it is a stall deck, not because the turn timer. The turn timer is just something useful to use against millstalker players.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"