Close

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    acid jet still works on the hammer fellas just switch over been working good for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Believe it or not, but I agree with twio on this one. And also might I add that zaladar, allie moonstalker as well as blood fang destroys that deck. Notto mention the fact of allies that contain protector or steadfast, imo even regular amber wins more consistently in this mu.

And UNLESS they draw rampage they pretty much lose, or either way lose to decks that can do damage without allies, which would include both zaladar and weapon based hero's like regular amber or baduruu.
    Not to mention riders and viskas destroy that card hands down, along with resource denial decks too.

Samyou2d3ath out!!!! Lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You do know you can use it in an allied build and it's more stable?

Very strong card but I'm kind of against a nerf (at least to the resistance to Item D) because I feel it's finally a weapon that Logan can really use well.

If durability has to drop so be it, but leave the resistance alone.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First so funny, people say now instead of Amber >>> Hamber... Is it a new term for Amber + Hammer

Second: why are people using semi sold builds>>> use regular build, you usually run 4 JD and 2 others>> make the 2 other Hammer... Will be absolutely powerful for a finisher hammer
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    First so funny, people say now instead of Amber >>> Hamber... Is it a new term for Amber + Hammer

Second: why are people using semi sold builds>>> use regular build, you usually run 4 JD and 2 others>> make the 2 other Hammer... Will be absolutely powerful for a finisher hammer
    yes, i invented the term Hamber, its not great but it sounds funny
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    I wonder if Anklebreaker, Blood Frenzy, Jeweler's Dream or King's Pride were released today if they'd be 'ZOMG this is br0ken' threads about them?

When CotC was completed, Lance was considered too good (Anklebreaker is imba!) and Gravebone was Tier 0. Ten days later, Lance was just a solid choice and Gravebone was never seen again as people learned how to play against them.

Just a little cautionary tale we should remind ourselves when ever someone new scares us.

Need I mention Mind Control?
    I feel like I should address this since everybody likes to +1 this sentiment.

Gravebone was considered T0 before COTC was finished. At this time cards that he had were nerfed and thus he became what he was/is, the worst hero ever. People didn't learn how to play against him. He just got the hammer.

I've never heard the public outcries that "Lance is too good." With that being said, he was actually the best hero in COTC. Just not far and away the best in the same manner Amber was for DP. Why? Because Anklebreaker was/is broken. Les you forget Lance was actually unplayable before COTC's completion. With the implementation of this card (and some other buffs) he became top tier. Anklebreaker alone even made Serena a tournament winning/viable hero. I know that you know this to be true. 'Nuff said.

There was a lot of crying about Blood frenzy and it was nerfed accordingly. Yes, it's still good but no longer the auto-win status it used to be. Why would anyone cry about Blood Frenzy when warriors are not at the top of the meta today? In the same way that Lance needed Anklebreaker to be a good hero, warriors need Blood Frenzy (until other options present itself to take its place).

I've never heard any cries about Jeweler's dream nor King's Pride.

What about Mind Control? It was already nerfed 500 times.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mindcontrol can NEVER be nerfed enough. EVER.
    Member of ETC, your local friendly guild: http://asfetc.shadowera.net/index.php?board=1.0

IGN:
    namor (aramia flameforged- needs upgrading)
    lovely (moonstalker undead- main since forever)
    krolroma (aramia twilight- waiting for the meta to align)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Gravebone was considered T0 before COTC was finished. At this time cards that he had were nerfed and thus he became what he was/is, the worst hero ever. People didn't learn how to play against him. He just got the hammer.

Huh, so Gravebone became the worse hero once he got the hammer, yet amber becomes tier 1 now that she has a hammer!

Atleast the thread title has proven me that people still listen to the ancient classic songs: "Stop, Hammer Time!"
    Mip - Keeper of the Eternal Flame -
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Mip1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it is used in ally based build, beside +1 durability what makes it so different then War Flail? Key to defeating Amber was always slowing her early and mid game by taking out JD. And since you use your item des. on it there is non left for late game weapons, but then her power isn't strong as early game. If you don't take out JD or Blood Frenzy early you are probably screwed anyway unless you run other counters to generate card advantage like ALR or Sac Lamb or damage reduction dudes. Which all btw works again Hamber too.

A 6 casting cost anything should imo be powerful enough to make drastic change in the game. The fact this game has cards that are unable to do this means those cards are bit underpowered.
    Last edited by Veles; 08-15-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Common jacqui, you can do better then that.

I feel like I should address this since everybody likes to +1 this sentiment.

No.

The infamous Gravebone T0 thread starts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    i have no idea how to beat him and neither does anyone else i play, i know people dont liek half teirs( neither do i) im jsut saying, that i beleive gravebone is the best and then there are the rest
    Then there's alot of 'it's broken/it's fine' then there this:

Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Interesting how GB was really popular and strong in Test Server but in the Live Server he doesn't even get that much attention. Why don't I see a ton of him in QM? Nothing has changed since those late Test Server days. How come people are not using him much?
    No balance changes affecting any of Gravebone's 'broken' card (Dagger of Unmaking and Ogloth) were made in that span.

I've never heard the public outcries that "Lance is too good." With that being said, he was actually the best hero in COTC. Just not far and away the best in the same manner Amber was for DP. Why? Because Anklebreaker was/is broken. Les you forget Lance was actually unplayable before COTC's completion. With the implementation of this card (and some other buffs) he became top tier. Anklebreaker alone even made Serena a tournament winning/viable hero. I know that you know this to be true. 'Nuff said.
    Lance is the only other Hero mentioned in that thread.

And your attitude towards Anklebreaker is exactly what I'm talking about. Anklebreaker is a powerful card. It does make a whole class playable just by itself... What's the problem again?

There was a lot of crying about Blood frenzy and it was nerfed accordingly. Yes, it's still good but no longer the auto-win status it used to be. Why would anyone cry about Blood Frenzy when warriors are not at the top of the meta today? In the same way that Lance needed Anklebreaker to be a good hero, warriors need Blood Frenzy (until other options present itself to take its place).

I've never heard any cries about Jeweler's dream nor King's Pride.
    But they singlehandedly make Amber and Zhanna playable? They must be broken!

What about Mind Control? It was already nerfed 500 times.
    A lot of new players still think its a broken card and until you learn to play against it, it feels that way.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis