Close

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    No balance changes affecting any of Gravebone's 'broken' card (Dagger of Unmaking and Ogloth) were made in that span.
    More like the changes to portal and (I think) Cobra Demon. DOU and Ogloth obviously were not the reason GB was "T0" otherwise he would be.

Lance is the only other Hero mentioned in that thread.

And your attitude towards Anklebreaker is exactly what I'm talking about. Anklebreaker is a powerful card. It does make a whole class playable just by itself... What's the problem again?
    There isn't a problem. It was intentionally designed powerful to buff the class as a whole to go from weak to playable. It (and a couple other changes) made Lance the strongest but someone always has to be the strongest. He was in a reasonable position of strength where other options were still viable as well. Unlike the way DP was balanced to the point of "why use anything else but Amber?"

I don't ever recall hearing Lance being considered OP/T0. But even if people were making those claims, he was the #1 hero. So if any OP claims were made it would be justified in that way.

But they singlehandedly make Amber and Zhanna playable? They must be broken!
    Zhanna was/is perfectly capable of being played without KP without any performance decrease. That must mean either Zhanna is broken or KP isn't.
    Blood Frenzy single handedly makes all warriors playable. Some are just better than others due to the rest of the card pool/hero abilities. When all games are won or lost simply because you draw/didn't draw Blood Frenzy you can definitely make a case for there being a problem. With that being said, the rest of the card pool was inferior to the other classes. So in that way it was balanced when looking at the whole picture. Can you say the same about certain cards in SF?

A lot of new players still think its a broken card and until you learn to play against it, it feels that way.
    Not to be harsh, but new player opinions don't mean anything when it comes to balance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with Jacquie, just becomes people are new to the game and do not know all the possibilities of a hero or certain cards. Does not make a single card broken, I mean hammer is strong but at the end of the day it and amber are both very beatable. The only thing I would suggest is the durability be dropped from 5 to 4 I believe that is reasonable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's perfectly balanced for a 6cc weapon. Yes it is powerful, but if I'm paying 6 resources for it then it darn well should be.

There are people who discard it and get it with Reserve Weapon for 5cc you say? Good on them, practical deck building isn't a bad thing.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sigh, prepare for a really dull few months of SE where Amber smacks the hero every turn, chucks out attachments and the occasional Viska while the opponent gets to do almost nothing unless they are rush/burn, Zal or moonstalker.

Mill versus Amber is my doomsaying prediction.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you do have to think about future sets too tho, if humans ever get a card that allows you do discard a chosen card in your hand, hammer becomes even better, I really think the durability should be decreased at minimum if not also take away the exile or 1 damage from kill ally part
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    More like the changes to portal and (I think) Cobra Demon. DOU and Ogloth obviously were not the reason GB was "T0" otherwise he would be.
    I don't think were talking about the same time period. Protal GB was good, then it was nerfed (haste was reinterpreted). Then for 10 days, when the final balancing was done for CotC, GB was all the rage. Then it was never seen again. Cobra Demon had been nerfed well before that (I wasn't in that PFG, but I think it was a PFG thing).

There isn't a problem. It was intentionally designed powerful to buff the class as a whole to go from weak to playable. It (and a couple other changes) made Lance the strongest but someone always has to be the strongest. He was in a reasonable position of strength where other options were still viable as well. Unlike the way DP was balanced to the point of "why use anything else but Amber?"

I don't ever recall hearing Lance being considered OP/T0. But even if people were making those claims, he was the #1 hero. So if any OP claims were made it would be justified in that way.
    Ok, it wasn't the biggest rage outburst, I'll concede that.

Zhanna was/is perfectly capable of being played without KP without any performance decrease. That must mean either Zhanna is broken or KP isn't.

Blood Frenzy single handedly makes all warriors playable. Some are just better than others due to the rest of the card pool/hero abilities. When all games are won or lost simply because you draw/didn't draw Blood Frenzy you can definitely make a case for there being a problem. With that being said, the rest of the card pool was inferior to the other classes. So in that way it was balanced when looking at the whole picture. Can you say the same about certain cards in SF?
    What about SF cards? I don't get your question.

Not to be harsh, but new player opinions don't mean anything when it comes to balance.
    Agreed.

Veterans that have just had their metagame shifted should also be approached with caution.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    double acid jet for 8 resources lol or poor quality - im not scared of the big bad hammer baduru resource destruction owns amber, zal, rush elad or loest, mill moonstalker normal amber, all compete - bring on the hammer VISKA rider of ellos - tala protectors jerry solo , even gwen solo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When Lythite Coating is used on Rothem's Visage, it requires 10 resources to have an indestructible item. It requires more resources to summon allies and shadow energy to make it lethal in very late game. Also its an armor, so it does not hurt you when you run down the durability. When it does get destroyed, it punishes the controller with 5 damage.

Now you have Lythian Sledgehammer , a weapon which only requires 6 resources and cannot be destroyed. You need 5 attackers to run it down to 0. Moreover with Amber's ability, it punishes those who run allied based decks as it exiles the dead ally while trying to run it down. It punishes you even more with pinging one damage for each exile even while defending. Reserve Weapon combo makes it deadlier. The Hero doesn't get punished when hammer does get run down.

Soul Reaper, Eternal Renewal, Gravebone, Shadow Knight ability will be useless with exiled ally. Cryptspawn Tomenter & Der' kan, The Bone King conditions are hard to meet.

"The graveyard will be a lonely place."

I think the weapon punishes certain heros, not all. However the all in one combo with Amber ability makes it powerful.
    Last edited by Raksaksa; 08-16-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing I don't understand: why make a warrior weapon that actually makes one of the least-used warriors even worse? Poor Ter...
    IGN: Shadaba

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the problem with that weapon is purely simple >> there is no counter for most human esp Priest and rogue

Lets have a look on other cards which is even claimed OP: Like MS with shaman
    Theorical speaking I can can counter it and tech aganist it >> Play 4 Spirit warden, 3 Nowhere to hide, 4 Wiznet exciling card ect
    So Any claimed OP you can theorictally tech aganist it

LEts look at Living armor
    Theoritcally I can play rain delay, Play big armors, run million of healing cards

So even extremely powerful cards in the game you can counter them on papers or at least theortically

But the problem with Hammer >> There is no counter >> even if you specially tech , mainly for priests and rogues and as well as other humans (except mages)
    There have be a counter to that hammer at least theoritical , not necessary practical, so that when someone says it is OP and can not be countered, we give him therotical counters (knowing it will not work) but at least acting asif we are smart
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild