Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    What will happen if ravager zeolot target sledgehammer, will he get haste?
    Or maybe just make sledgehammer so it "cannot be destroyed by negative abilities"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another one for Ironhide Karash:
    When attacked with Thoughtripper's Cutlass IK was undamaged, but I discarded card as if he was killed

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Just had a minor bug, BobRoss vs AP Pocketsoul in 2.85 on my phone
    I played a (stolen) Aeon, then a midnight sentinel, making him 3/10 ambush.
    Opponent played consuming fear on Aeon.
    I played A legend rises on him, making him a 5/11 (still ambush?).
    In the next turn I played a 2nd midnight sentinel, making Aeon a 5/13. Then I played a 3rd midnight sentinel making him a 6/15.

So you see the math doesn't add up quite right. That second midnight sentinel should have boosted Aeon to 6/13 (since he already should have had ambush from the first midnight sentinel). I'm guessing this is from some interaction with the consuming fear or Legend rises. It may have also come from me bouncing midnight sentinels with vozitian orders.
    Sounds like the ambush from sentinel only lasted one turn. Can you remember if he had ambush the next turn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Another one for Ironhide Karash:
    When attacked with Thoughtripper's Cutlass IK was undamaged, but I discarded card as if he was killed
    Thanks for reporting. This is the same cause as the Soul Seeker one. I sent a fix to Kyle for it, but not sure when it will get integrated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    With regards Melt Down and Ravager Zealot not destroying Sledgehammer and still getting benefit ... well spotted. What took you so long? We all missed that interaction up until now, right? D'oh!

I'm wondering if anyone ever tried to abuse this with Lythite Coating on an armor though? It's possible!

I'm not sure what the right thing to do is here, but the game is behaving correctly right now. You "destroy" something and then the something can be effectively immune to that if it wants.

Rest assured, some balance change will happen to Sledgehammer, but we have some time to think about what it should be and for more abuses to be uncovered rather than making a hasty change. (The next change should be the right one and not experimental like the last one.) I don't want to just revert it to what it was before because I think it needed to be better in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Or maybe just make sledgehammer so it "cannot be destroyed by negative abilities"
    Having said that, I like the above a lot. The text would be "Lythian Sledgehammer can't be destroyed by opposing players unless its durability is 0." Stops intentional abuse on your turn, but still blocks opponents from blowing it up. BUT, that may still be too strong, so please keep playing and reporting back. SF is still in beta after all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    With regards Melt Down and Ravager Zealot not destroying Sledgehammer and still getting benefit ... well spotted. What took you so long? We all missed that interaction up until now, right? D'oh!

I'm wondering if anyone ever tried to abuse this with Lythite Coating on an armor though? It's possible!

I'm not sure what the right thing to do is here, but the game is behaving correctly right now. You "destroy" something and then the something can be effectively immune to that if it wants.

Rest assured, some balance change will happen to Sledgehammer, but we have some time to think about what it should be and for more abuses to be uncovered rather than making a hasty change. (The next change should be the right one and not experimental like the last one.) I don't want to just revert it to what it was before because I think it needed to be better in some way.

Having said that, I like the above a lot. The text would be "Lythian Sledgehammer can't be destroyed by opposing players unless its durability is 0." Stops intentional abuse on your turn, but still blocks opponents from blowing it up. BUT, that may still be too strong, so please keep playing and reporting back. SF is still in beta after all.
    Actually i tested these and asked for card ruling. Meltdown draws you cards, spitfire hound deals 3 damage, but zealot doesnt gain haste and cleric doesn't get buff. In my opinion meltdown works correctly as it states you only need to target an item in intention to destrot it (same with maj and furrion, she deals 0 damage but draws a card) . Hovewer with current wording I would say that ravagers shouldn't trigger as they explicitly say "if you do" (destroy item) then trigger the effect . Hovewer I would like to see change so they do trigger. At least it would give something for shadow warriors to hope for, but i think that interaction is still far cry from what amber can do with it.
    Last edited by Veles; 08-14-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for taking the initiative to manage this list when I should not really be online here!

Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    From what I've seen so far, 2.85 is absolutely riddled with bugs.
    Riddled with bugs? No, that was 2.84. I killed more than I had the time to log in Jira!

Please can you log whichever ones you are referring to in the OP of this thread, alongside the one you have logged so far. I'll then continue to look into them when I get the chance to do so.

BTW, I had an idea last night for improving our unit tests which maybe I will work on as a vacation project. It should give us a lot more automatic coverage without relying on test server activity.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Actually i tested these and asked for card ruling.
    Sorry, man, I must have missed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ETC FDL v KYIII

He has Grave Resistance out and a 3/4 Cryptspawn Hound.

I use (in that order) Lightning Strike, Rampant Krygon's ability and RK's attack to take out CH. CH bounces back to his hand despite being killed in combat.

Did the game determine that it was RK's HP reduction that caused the killed (despite being applied before combat damage)? Bug?
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Sounds like the ambush from sentinel only lasted one turn. Can you remember if he had ambush the next turn?
    sorry, it wasn't really applicable at that point - wasn't attacking anything that could attack back, so I wouldn't know. I only noticed it was off when the numbers didn't add up.