Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it would be nice to have things like this be public knowledge in release notes!
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    it would be nice to have things like this be public knowledge in release notes!
    I agree. My bad!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On the victory screen healing counts as negative damage caused, and insta_kill mechanics aren't tracked at all (second might not be a bug).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The whole shard of power vs health reduction is so silly if you ask me. No one in their right mind would think that an ally, subjected to shard of power, could survive further health reduction. Some aspects of this game are just plain *fcc censorship*...
    PK Love

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    The whole shard of power vs health reduction is so silly if you ask me. No one in their right mind would think that an ally, subjected to shard of power, could survive further health reduction. Some aspects of this game are just plain *fcc censorship*...
    Well, it makes sense if you think of Shard of Power is an ongoing effect (as opposed to modifier, since it is not a modifier like +1 or -2 health), which is applied ALL THE TIME to give you a health value that you can attempt to drop to 0 with some damage > 0. If you health reduce then you have changed the real health which again is capped at 1 by Shard. This is exactly the same as the ongoing effect of Crippling Blow which is a cap on the real value of the attack. As far as I know, we don't get complaints about that, yet it is exactly the same mechanism. When a cap is removed, the true underlying value should be restored.

I admit it is hard to get your head round without a consistent explanation to orient yourself with, but it is simple if you view it the way I described. Shard and Crippling Blow will get improved wording and rule explanation in future - we'll use something like "capped at 1" for Shard and "capped at 0" for CB and then define what capped means in the rulebook.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not hard to understand at all. If you read Shard of Power then you will see that the effect of Shards of Power ends when the shard leaves play. When it leaves play your allies should go back to their respective health limits. If it only said "your allies have +2 attack and their health is reduced to 1" I would be a little confused but it doesn't.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see the Sledgehammer can no longer be targeted by Desperate Tactics, but it's still being targeted by Melt Down and NOT BEING DESTROYED, even though DT and MD have the same "Target _____ is destroyed" type of text.
    Republic of Korea
    Leader of ROK

IGN: ROK Bluehell

I'm just a translator...-myself

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just had a minor bug, BobRoss vs AP Pocketsoul in 2.85 on my phone
    I played a (stolen) Aeon, then a midnight sentinel, making him 3/10 ambush.
    Opponent played consuming fear on Aeon.
    I played A legend rises on him, making him a 5/11 (still ambush?).
    In the next turn I played a 2nd midnight sentinel, making Aeon a 5/13. Then I played a 3rd midnight sentinel making him a 6/15.

So you see the math doesn't add up quite right. That second midnight sentinel should have boosted Aeon to 6/13 (since he already should have had ambush from the first midnight sentinel). I'm guessing this is from some interaction with the consuming fear or Legend rises. It may have also come from me bouncing midnight sentinels with vozitian orders.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NewINIMoon View Post
    I can see the Sledgehammer can no longer be targeted by Desperate Tactics, but it's still being targeted by Melt Down and NOT BEING DESTROYED, even though DT and MD have the same "Target _____ is destroyed" type of text.
    Maybe add some extra text, "If target can be destroyed, it does X and is destroyed." Or, "Target is destroyed, after it is destroyed, do X" I can see allowing certain things to combo off the hammer, and other things not to...obviously double attacks with a perma-beefed up and indestructible hammer is problematic...I've played against the meltdown combo, and it's a nice draw engine, but I don't think it's game-breaking, so it seems reasonable that they'd have different rules. I agree that the card descriptions should reflect that to avoid confusion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What will happen if ravager zeolot target sledgehammer, will he get haste?
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild