Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The art quality indeed went downhill in SF ( talk about the randomness here ) . Wulven got lucky with the Twilight tribes because somehow the artist drew a lot of fatasy girls and they looked connected to each other in a way , Undeads are generic enough so finding arts wouldn't be a problem . They sure got into trouble with more "abstract" tribes Ravager , Yari ( seriously , they are all over the places ).

However , i won't say that i'm dissapointed with the game , given how generous Wulven is , i still believe that the game is amazing for the amount of time and money i've spent on it .
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Kyle: I am sure there are a good handful of artists here within the SE community that would probably be willing to give you a small break on comissions.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, another issue I have is the artwork being irrelevant to the name. Namely, Grimjaw Hydra and Phoenix Urigon. I would of expected Grimjaw Hydra to be well, a Hydra. You know, a multiheaded serpentine creature. And Phoenix Urigon to actually be a phoenix or avian creature at least.
    -Mordekaiser

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Phoenix Urigon is intended to be "Urigon" not "Phoenix". I agree with Grimjaw Hydra though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Also, another issue I have is the artwork being irrelevant to the name. Namely, Grimjaw Hydra and Phoenix Urigon. I would of expected Grimjaw Hydra to be well, a Hydra. You know, a multiheaded serpentine creature. And Phoenix Urigon to actually be a phoenix or avian creature at least.
    I would expect Grimjaw Hydra to get a new name as neither it's art or it's text box refer to it being a hydra in any way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I searched Medivh fan art is here is what I got. http://breathing2004.deviantart.com/...rets-205758112
    Tenacious Defender of Prana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoop245 View Post
    However , i won't say that i'm dissapointed with the game , given how generous Wulven is , i still believe that the game is amazing for the amount of time and money i've spent on it .
    I hope you didn't get the impression from my post that I somehow started to dislike SE, on the contrary!! I still love the game and think it is by far the best online CCG ever
    I just think we are at a point where some of the decisions could hurt the games long term prospects and I really, really don't want that to happen.

And I agree the generosity of Wulven and the affordability of SE are insane for a CCG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I would expect Grimjaw Hydra to get a new name as neither it's art or it's text box refer to it being a hydra in any way.
    One of the iconic traits of the Hydra is that once you kill off one head, two more grow back in its place. The effect of gaining attack each time it takes damage is pretty good analogy to growing more heads (Hence increasing its offensive threat generally speaking) after one has been killed (taking damage).
    -Mordekaiser

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    One of the iconic traits of the Hydra is that once you kill off one head, two more grow back in its place. The effect of gaining attack each time it takes damage is pretty good analogy to growing more heads (Hence increasing its offensive threat generally speaking) after one has been killed (taking damage).
    I assume our hydra is junior and still holds the very first head intact.
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by gnodab View Post
    I hope you didn't get the impression from my post that I somehow started to dislike SE, on the contrary!! I still love the game and think it is by far the best online CCG ever
    I just think we are at a point where some of the decisions could hurt the games long term prospects and I really, really don't want that to happen.

And I agree the generosity of Wulven and the affordability of SE are insane for a CCG.
    Gotta be honest. The art work issues is exactly the reason I've been playing HS more than SE. Playing cards with generic place holders is absolutely bush league.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.