Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    I accept that the artwork that you use belongs to you, its just concerning that so many of your cards use art which is actually fan art of an existing character from WoW. Its not just that they look similar, they all have distinguishing characteristics which make them easily recognisable by people who have played WoW.

Morbid Acolyte is some sort of troll
    Loest, Saviour of Layar is some mage that I forgot the name of
    Phoenix Urigon is Deathwing the Destroyer
    Thunderstone Golem is Stormherald Eljrrin

There's probably more that I haven't recognised yet.

In this example, the character's large stature, spikey light-coloured beard, glowing eyes, woven shinguards and helmet with the distinctive upturned horns with icicles make it easy to see that Thunderstrike Construct is art of a WoW character.

Granted, Stormherald of Eljrrin isn't a very important npc, but the first time I saw him I instantly thought of Thunderstone Golem. So I compared pictures and it's clearly him. Obviously this is only a problem for people who play both SE and WoW.
    It seems it belongs all to the same artist, perhaps the artist is profitting from both games?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    It seems it belongs all to the same artist, perhaps the artist is profitting from both games?
    I'm not convinced that Wulven don't actually know that the art is based on WoW characters, I think they're just being very relaxed with how different it needs to look.

For example, Deathwing the Destroyer is one of the most recognisable antagonists in WoW, seeing hes the main boss of an entire expansion. Wulven just cuts out his wings and uses him anyway, even though they know who he is lol.

Same with Loest, they just got rid of his beard and used him.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I accept that the artwork that you use belongs to you, its just concerning that so many of your cards use art which is actually fan art of an existing character from WoW. Its not just that they look similar, they all have distinguishing characteristics which make them easily recognisable by people who have played WoW.

In this example, the character's large stature, spikey light-coloured beard, glowing eyes, woven shinguards and helmet with the distinctive upturned horns with icicles make it easy to see that Thunderstrike Construct is art of a WoW character.

Granted, Stormherald of Eljrrin isn't a very important npc, but the first time I saw him I instantly thought of Thunderstone Golem. So I compared pictures and it's clearly him. Obviously this is only a problem for people who play both SE and WoW.
    So many?

You've listed three that have already had pages and pages of discussion devoted to them in the past and then one new one you've spotted. I think I'll merge this thread with the other one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You're nitpicking. I could argue that the dude in Crown of Ages is Sephiroth from Final Fantasy.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Guess who started the other long thread on this subject?

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....est-is-WoW-Art

I've now merged this thread with that one, which is Closed.

Twio: If you have genuine concerns, please PM them to Kyle rather than posting here, since otherwise you just look like a troll.