Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I've already said what i wanted to say and talked to the community through IRC over the subject. At this point I don't care where this thread leads and more than likely it will be closed soon. More than likely I will not post beyond this point unless I feel the need to. Out Law is running my patience thin but it is a video game so not going to waste my breathe any further. AP is still alive and strong. Our tourneys will continue with the same format. This thread is pointless beyond this point.
    Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.
    IGN: AP BlackAngel

free online tournament with prizes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it is a pretty slippery slope and i would prefer to just have it be random, but i place well enough, altho i did have a few early exits in a row that could have been contributed to by this!

I would be worried about losing wulven sponsorship bro
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *grabs protein bar*

(hates fat people)
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    it is a pretty slippery slope and i would prefer to just have it be random, but i place well enough, altho i did have a few early exits in a row that could have been contributed to by this!

I would be worried about losing wulven sponsorship bro
    If that happens then no more pop ups! Hurray! TJ Out Law benefited the community so much!

But don't worry the man can still brag to his wife and kids every night at dinner on his amazing detective work he put into this extreme case!
    Member of Alpha Predator

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand why you feel that what you are doing is beneficial. You also gave very sound opinions for why you feel that you are benefiting the players. They are however opinions.

An equally valid opinion would be to say that this reduces the non guild player's chances at facing another non guild player. This could be seen as not beneficial.

Another valid opinion would be to say that a guild member would prefer if all of his mates were on one half of a bracket in order to maximize potential of the guild being in the finals.

It also is a valid opinion that TO's should disclose seeding policies for a tournament before the tourney starts. You could very much realize that this is especially important when the rules are not aligned with established norms.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    I understand why you feel that what you are doing is beneficial. You also gave very sound opinions for why you feel that you are benefiting the players. They are however opinions.

An equally valid opinion would be to say that this reduces the non guild player's chances at facing another non guild player. This could be seen as not beneficial.

Another valid opinion would be to say that a guild member would prefer if all of his mates were on one half of a bracket in order to maximize potential of the guild being in the finals.

It also is a valid opinion that TO's should disclose seeding policies for a tournament before the tourney starts. You could very much realize that this is especially important when the rules are not aligned with established norms.
    I understand you think you state truth and current tournament formats are not opinions of the TO's preferred format however they are your opinions

So considering you have your opinions and I have mine how do we solve this delima...oh wait I'm TO! Guess my opinion wins! Don't worry Chanson you are not active in the community or in competitive play so this will not effect you.
    Member of Alpha Predator

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

AP Weekly Pop Up Bracket Structure and Organization

Good one. Have fun with your win.

I feel like you forgot a "nah nah na boo boo" in there somewhere.
    Last edited by chanson311; 08-12-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

AP Weekly Pop Up Bracket Structure and Organization

Except for the fact that a format/stipulation (if that's what it is) be stated prior to the start of the tournament.
    Pretty basic knowledge that if you were to pair say Pjoe and Justicar then it knocks one of them out and if you spread out the people you want to advance it increases the opportunity. I don't care, I haven't participated in any of these tournaments so it's hardly pertained to myself.
    I only caught on from analyzing matchups and look at results like I do every tourney and felt either it should stop or people should know.
    Last edited by Outl4w; 08-12-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Outl4w View Post
    Except for the fact that a format/stipulation (if that's what it is) be stated prior to the start of the tournament.
    Pretty basic knowledge that if you were to pair say Pjoe and Justicar then it knocks one of them out and if you spread out the people you want to advance it increases the opportunity. I don't care, I haven't participated in any of these tournaments so it's hardly oriented myself.
    I only caught on from analyzing matchups and look at results like I do every tourney and felt either it should stop or people should know.
    You might want to rephrase that. You even admitted yourself you are the cause of this. For someone who doesn't care you seem very enthusiastic about the subject. Either way you debating this is one big joke to me but of course you know this.

Either you have a crush on me or you are one of the biggest AP fan we have to want in on the action/discussion so bad!
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson