Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

AP Weekly Pop Up Bracket Structure and Organization

There has been debate among the community of bias behavior and misconduct about our weekly community pop ups. I would like to clear the air and explain how and why we organize and conduct the tournaments as we do so there is no more confusion.

When AP conducts our weekly pop up event we do not completely randomize brackets. Opponents are not hand selected and would not benefit us to do so since we do not know our opponent's hero choices. What we mean by this is we separate guild mates on opposite end of the brackets from each other so they do not have to face one another early. This benefit guilds for many reasons and promotes a more positive gameplay experience for many reasons:

1. AP conducts weekly internals and deck crafting night in our guild's community. Our members play against one another many times and get tired of versing the same players. Splitting them apart allows them to play new opponents and experience a better gameplay experience. I assume AP is not the only one that does this so it also benefit other guilds.

2. Guild members typically know who is better than who before entering the tournament. If they are always paired against their guild mates who they know is a auto lose to it is a physiological demoralize which will promote negative play in community tournaments. We would like to encourage members in the community to participate as many as possible and experience the same fun we all do.

3. It benefits smaller guilds. Smaller guilds or inactive guilds with only a few members that participate in community play has more of a chance to win and promote their guilds. Larger guild who take up a quarter or more of the bracket will have a lot higher chance of winning if all the other guilds knock themselves out in the earlier rounds. Since they already have a high chance of winning it doesn't make any sense to give them more of an advantage.

4. If players are not part of a guild none of the above applies and our format does not affect their experience or gameplay. All fair

Alpha Predator feels this is the best format to use in our tournaments and will continue to do so. Maybe this format is not for everyone and we understand. We encourage those who do not agree with it to participate in other guilds tournaments, BP hosts tournaments every weekend too and usually multiple of them in a week. AP has not done this behind anyone's back or done anything shady since we have announced this format to the community almost every tournament and no one has complained so far. For now on to avoid further confusion we will post the format in our tournament rules so everyone knows before participating.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and everyone's understanding. Remember we put on these tournaments for the community to help promote competitive play in the Shadow Era game and hopes everyone enjoys and participate in these events. Your support is appreciated and welcomed! Again from the AP guild thank you.
    Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.
    IGN: AP BlackAngel

free online tournament with prizes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for typos
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

AP Weekly Pop Up Bracket Structure and Organization

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    Sorry for typos
    You can edit your own posts, so you can fix those typos when you see them (there is an edit post button on the bottom of each of your posts).

Anyways, reading.

EDIT: So long as its clear that this is how things are done before the tournament I don't really see a problem. I can see people disproving of it though, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 08-11-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no problem with this. I don't understand why people were fussing.
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    AP conducts weekly internals and deck crafting night in our guild's community. Our members play against one another many times and get tired of versing the same players. Splitting them apart allows them to play new opponents and experience a better gameplay experience. I assume AP is not the only one that does this so it also benefit other guilds.
    Hey veles can we do this?
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    I have no problem with this. I don't understand why people were fussing.
    Idk either. This format will continue. All this person will do who is complaining is just take away a weekly event for the community to participate in.
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I am the one who prompted this post and all of it's political glory and stripped of the word structure I have admission from angel himself claiming he "avoids pairing all guild mates" which tournament brackets will disprove as well as the admission that he manually seeds the tournaments to give ap members matches against players he thinks he can beat. I have a long list of evidence as well as all of our conversations that I will be posting on Thursday when I return from my work trip.
    In which It is apparent that I did not wish to release this information to the public I merely asked him to arrange tournaments fairly from now in since controlling advantage is cheating with prizes on the line.

I was also attempting to bridge the gap and bury the hatchet between guilds with which i was received by disrespect in spite of my attempts at strengthening community.

It should also be noted that my actions on this are independent of my guild and should this be received negatively that it has no barring on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And additionally I would like to state that my involvement here is out of fairness to the community and that I share zero percent of the animosity between TJ and AP, as will ultimately be implied somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *grabs popcorn
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm i cannot find my popcorn.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn