Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Multiple copies of Decoy Trap don't trigger simultaneously

I had 2 Decoy Traps placed on board and I had also 3 allies, Aldon, CoI and Bobcat. The opponent played Tidal Wave and only the first Decoy Trap triggered and saved Aldon. Why was the second Decoy Trap not triggered at the same time? Is this as it is supposed to be or it is a bug?
    As I have seen, many Decoy traps can be triggered at the same turn but as a consequence of a separate damage source.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

That is a bug. Assuming you have multiple allies that can be protected from damage by decoy trap, then each ally should be gaining benefit from a Decoy Trap when it takes damage. The Standard Resolution Order (SRO) would determine which allies get protected by decoy traps based on the order they were played.

Hope that helps
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    As far as I can tell, there is an unwritten rule codified into the game that only one trap can go off per action. This is why multiple Net Traps don't go off when you summon an ally. But if a trap responds to damage, then I suppose you might expect an action that damaged multiple targets to have multple traps go off? Indeed, that is how Mojumbo interpreted it.

However, we can't make such a ruling without discussing with Kyle. Maybe the unwritten rule just needs to be written down somewhere and then the current behaviour is correct.