Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Haste Boris (review/suggestions/help meh)

Hey guys, mildly experienced player here with another Haste Boris deck. Just posting here to get your guys opinion on any changes you might be tempted to make if you were running this deck. The deck itself will easily carry you to 200, from then on it depends on the skill of the player. I guess I'll just get into the list.

Btw i have no clue how the whole card image linking thing works, so if it automatically does it then imma be looking fairly stupid, but if not can someone help a brother out??? Oh and also, i know this isn't laid out in the traditional format, but i like it this way. Explains my choices better

Hero:

Boris Skullcrusher (Duh)

Allies:

So first we have the core of the deck, the haste allies

4x Kristoffer Wyld - This dude overperforms, but I still wouldn't call him the mvp of the deck

4x Fleet-footed Messenger - A beefy 1/5 with haste that cycles through your cards? Yes please, I'll take 4! Definitely mvp in my eyes

2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade - Oh, look! Haste with 3 attack! Plus something to rip holes in solo decks! Pretty much teh bossmonster

And then we have the other side of the allies, the supporters!

4x Yari Bladedancer - I cannot stress how good this card is. Haste plus a readied Bladedancer spells trouble. Pretty much Puwen on crack

2x Aldon The Brave - The problem I have with this card is how surprisingly squishy 4 life is. Considering 3, but tight on space

2x Yari Marksman - An unsung hero of the deck. Enemy has a pesky Darkrath down? Used a couple Cripplings? Marksman's got your back!

Abilities:

For board control, we have

4x Crippling Blow - Standard, has amazing synergy with Marksman

2x Spiked Bolas Strike - I find that 2 is plenty. Not often needed, but when you do it's usually there

2x Smashing Blow - I would consider putting this to 3, space issues preventing that. 2 does fine for me atm

And our draw power

4x Blood Frenzy - If i need to explain this, you obviously haven't played S.E. for any more than 5 minutes. Or you just suck.

3x Road Less Travelled - This card is stupid, especially with haste. Can be used like retreat, but less profitable on doing it on the opponent

And of course, cant forget the
    1x Enrage - Not a major help, often sacked cuz it can lull you into a false sense of security (dem damn Sever Ties), but when you need it, it's there. Mainly cuz Zaladar be like 'Oh, look at that nice pool of 30 life. Wouldn't it be a shame if someone... BLEW IT ALL AWAY, LIKE, SUPER FAST?!?!?!'. Oh, and those stupid mages. Good riddance.

Items:

So, last but most definitely not least, the items! We'll start with the boosting (I can't think of a better way to put it) cards

3x The King's Pride - OMFG THIS CARD IS TOO OP FKJ$^%#TYIUF8&^fr&56F8i%xsf*isAT_pS (what your opponent says when you drop this)

2x War Banner - I prefer a ratio of 1:1 with this and Aldon, mainly because between the 2 they stack. Leaves less dead Aldons (which happens with 3, believe me. Crippling blow is a huge man-gina of a card. And if you're winning your Aldon often doesn't leave the board)

And again we access another of the many cards in the warrior control pool

2x Spectral Sabre - This card is too good to not include. Pretty much a sever ties that's never dead. Just remember to use this card wisely. Like if your opponent is also a warrior, don't chuck out this card to get over a Kristoffer, or to polish off a Yari Bladedancer while you have a FFM on board. Control the game by dropping this when the opponent plays blood frenzy. Seriously, it can turn the tide of games. I myself have fallen victim to this kind of shtuff. Dedicated too much to board control and to my resource pool while I had a blood frenzy out, and the opponent swooped in with a plethora of board control, and finished their turn with a Sever Ties. Killer.

Aaaaaand that's it for the decklist. This comes to a total of 41 + hero, which is less than ideal, but can't find any cards that don't deserve a place here.

---

So just some stuff I'm considering putting in, in addition to the stuff I mentioned above:

A Legend Rises - Sure Road Less Travelled does the same thing and gives you a draw, but this on a crippled Bladedancer can turn the tide of the game

Berserker's Edge - Kinda like a Dread Wolf with a guaranteed 4 hits. Although I'm unsure of how useful it would be in this build

Lythian Shackles - I am intrigued by this card. I haven't had any experience with this card, and I feel it has potential. But it could also be a huge letdown; I can honestly say I don't know which it would be. I think it would mainly be for pushing for game, but this deck has a tendency to try and control the board before making any pushes, and i believe that this card would be counterproductive for this strategy.

And that about wraps up this post. I would really appreciate any feedback you guys can give me, like recommending or rejecting any of the cards I have listed or even some others that I may have missed. Creative criticism is completely welcome, feel free to express your complete and honest opinion. If you think me a fool for running 2 war banner, say so! And don't forget to mention if you would think it best to just stick to the lowered total, or if you have a suitable replacement. Sorry if it seems like I'm just going over obvious ground, I'm new to the forum and still getting used to 'the way things are' around here (THIS IS MY FIRST POST ). Also, feedback on the way I presented this would be of huge value. I look forward to hearing everyone's replies!

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck . u may consider Dragon's tooth in ur deck ( I always use with Boris ).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why not use Wild Berserker? he can haste IF your opponent has more allies on board. seems pretty helpful when you want to control the board. :P one thing you could do is if your opponent has 2 allies on board, summon Berserker and then Aldon? or you could suicide a Kris on a fatty and then summon Wild Berserker to finish it off? lol, just some suggestions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the feedback, as for the suggestions:

Wild Berserker - I feel like this card has potential, but it seems almost a tad too conditional. I think that Viska is just a better version of this, but I may be wrong. If i were to test him out, what cards would you suggest that I remove for him?

Dragon's Tooth - I completely forgot about this card, any yeah I think that sounds like a pretty good idea, but I seem to find that even with the low amount of high cost cards I'm running (5 to be exact) that I draw them far too early in the game, often leading to dead hands. I mean sure you have FFM, which could alleviate some of this problem... I don't know tbh. If you have any suggestions on what to switch out for it then I'm all ears.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanitys Trance View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, as for the suggestions:

Wild Berserker - I feel like this card has potential, but it seems almost a tad too conditional. I think that Viska is just a better version of this, but I may be wrong. If i were to test him out, what cards would you suggest that I remove for him?

Dragon's Tooth - I completely forgot about this card, any yeah I think that sounds like a pretty good idea, but I seem to find that even with the low amount of high cost cards I'm running (5 to be exact) that I draw them far too early in the game, often leading to dead hands. I mean sure you have FFM, which could alleviate some of this problem... I don't know tbh. If you have any suggestions on what to switch out for it then I'm all ears.
    maybe take out 2 Yari Bladedancer? Also, for Dragon's Tooth I usually have 2 and a couple Reserve Weapons, but that wouldn't be useful to your overall strategy. :P You should experiment with the deck. Maybe you'll find a loop-hole. :]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1 Boris
    3 Kristoffer Wyld
    3 Fleet-Footed Messenger
    2 Viska The Scarlet Blade
    3 Yari Bladedancer
    2 Yari Marksman
    2 Aldon the Brave
    (15 Allies)

3 Smashing Blow
    3 Crippling Blow
    1 Enrage
    4 Blood Frenzy
    2 Spiked Bolas Strike
    3 Road Less Travelled
    (16 Abilities)

3 Spectral Saber
    3 The King's Pride
    2 War Banner
    (8 Items)

40 Cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^^^ I like this. Looks pretty solid. :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelo View Post
    ^^^ I like this. Looks pretty solid. :P

I still got some MTG in me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're pretty close to Veles' list and he has a lot of success with that.

One card I hate when facing his Haste Boris is Layaran Seductress, very useful ally. IMO, you should allocate 4 to 5 slots split between her and Yari Marksman.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd drop a KP. With 2, you still usually have it when you r ready.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us