Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I've built five Logan decks trying to make him work (Ravager, conventional midrange, semi-solo, Rothem's Haste, hasted allies with KP) and spend the better part of a month working on him. In the last season I lost 30 rating points (from 300-270) and this season I couldn't get past 250. He's garbage. Give him a weapon that can attack twice (with a validator like you have on Pithing Spear, must control a Shadow ally) and maybe we'll be onto something.
    Serena has been completely replaced by Garth as has been screamed out on the forums for months now. Serena needs something that compounds her ability like a weapon that retains bonuses permanently (to a maximum of course).
    I’ve also identified this and suggested a card that would benefit both Logan and Serena without boosting the already potent heroes. The abilities of both hero are fine, they simply require a card that compliments them.
    Here is a suggested example:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....na-of-Memories
    Katana of Memories

Bonuses applied to this weapon persist until the weapon is destroyed.
    At the end of your turn while 'Katana of Memories' is in play, a random ally in your graveyard is shuffled into your deck.

Ter is largely unchanged, Ravager is his best build but as we know Ravagers aren't that great without supporting fire (a.la Banebow). Boost the Ravager tribe with allies that turn into items on death or create items on summon and you'll be better.
    Brilliant idea with allies that turn into items on death or put an item into play on summoning. This is exactly what they need – Hope to see this in the next card release.
    This is all Ter would need to bring him to a competitive level.

Vess, like all Shadow Warriors, is largely useless and very variable. I've build three to four Vess decks and none are competitive.
    I think her ability is a great idea and doesn’t need to be changed. However she too needs a card that compliments her – that’s not an attachment – but an ally which benefits from attachments.
    Potentially an ally with ‘Steadfast’ that gains bonuses for each attachment it has. – Elementalis would also benefit from such an ally and allow competitive Shadow attachment decks.

All the Shadow Warriors could do with a cheap control ally along the lines of Seductress to help their early game. Their late game is good but they're already dead by that point.
    Agreed. Can’t think of any suggestions that don’t sound like ‘human’ allies – however the ‘cheap control ally’ should also compliment a weaker hero.
    Here’s an example of a cheap ‘nuisance ally’ for limited control (which would also help Skervox slightly). Probably not quite exactly what you’re looking for:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ghlight=spider

Ythan is another highly variable hero and I've only lost once to him (Props to TheOneCabs, that was a solid Ythan).
    Ythan’s ability is quite expensive for what it is. He needs a cheap ally that compliments it. I.e. Gains +1 attack when it has ambush. Viska (haste + 3 attack) is great with Ythan, however it’s normally too late at T6.

Gwen suffers so much because of the prevalence of Viska, and the increase in direct damage and high health allies. She was bad before but now is worse because she got no real good toys.
    Agreed, however it’s not only Viska which has ended her. New SF heroes can buff allies too rapidly then Gwen can deal with. Fortified wisp backed by Blader Dancers is disastrous.

Praxix is too damn slow and extremely weak vs other discard builds. Any dedicated rush ruins him. Even a disruption style Praxix that doesn't rely on mill is way too variable.
    Very true. It’s sad that Zaldar can out ‘discard’ a hero specifically designed for discarding. Will be difficult to help Praxix from rush without boosting Zaldar further. Suggestions anyone?

Raikka falls behind Majiya in every respect with her lack of board control, and Majiya isn't that crash hot at the moment anyway. I have never lost to a Raikka EVER. Honestly her ability is just bad, she needs something stronger.
    Raikka does have a bad ability. She needs an ability that will allow a ‘new creative deck style’ whatever that may be. I started the ball rolling by throwing out a ‘suggestion’ of an ability tweak and others came to the table with some great ideas – that are still fire based and focus on creating ‘fire focused’ style decks.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ile-deck-style

Keep up the great work PreyBird

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I need to get past 300 with a tier 1 before I try to get past 300 with a tier bad tier
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well guys, the challenge is on. Build us an OP Shadow Warrior and/or Serena deck.

It needs to be able to climb and be competitive (>50% win rate) at least at 270+.

Good luck!
    Is Quick Match the right way of evaluating a deck? Also, you might have excellent deckbuilders at large who aren't so great at playing, so we'd be missing their valuable contributions. This really is something that needs collaboration rather than a bunch of people independently working on their own.

Also, don't forget the other heroes you mentioned. I think there's a good chance Logan/Ter really are too weak, so Serena and the others would be time better spent. Especially since we prioritised establishing new heroes with the pool in this set. Having said that, if a couple of people want to work together on Ter/Logan, that would be awesome.

Maybe we should have a guild challenge, where each guild is tasked with making the best deck for each of the "less fortunate heroes" and then they can nominate their best pilot to test it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If we ever want to see competitive, fine tuned decks then we need real tournaments with real price money. The best players are probably busy with HS and MTG cause that's where dedication is rewarded.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Backer View Post
    If we ever want to see competitive, fine tuned decks then we need real tournaments with real price money. The best players are probably busy with HS and MTG cause that's where dedication is rewarded.
    Wulven don't have the same funds as those major brands. I think the general SE community/player would rather see their limited funds being invested in feature development, new card releases and bug fixes - rather then a $25,000 cash prize for someone.

I hope one day Wulven is the next 'Blizzard' and can afford such things - however right now they are still in early days with their product.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Wulven don't have the same funds as those major brands. I think the general SE community/player would rather see their limited funds being invested in feature development, new card releases and bug fixes - rather then a $25,000 cash prize for someone.

I hope one day Wulven is the next 'Blizzard' and can afford such things - however right now they are still in early days with their product.
    Most of the price money of the tournament scene of MTG and HS does not come from Wizards of the Coast or Blizzard.
    Early days? Shadow Era is over 4 years OLD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raikka's ability is only better than Majiya's in one aspect , it allows you to deal fire damage and set stuff on fire multiple time . So i guess having a card that benefits dealing fire damage multiple times will give people a reason to use Raikka over Majiya . Something like this :

Reign of Fire
    Mage ability - 3cc .

Duration : 3 turns .
    - Each time an opposing ally take fire damage , its hero ( or the opposing ally with the lowest health ) takes 1 fire damage .
    - [ 1 SE ] : Until the end of this turn , every ally taken fire damage will be set ablaze .

Maybe this one is a bit too much .
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like your idea about Ravagers turn into item and there's already many cards that would counter it. It might even make Melt Down viable

What may be usefull for Logan a cheap alternate way to draw from the bottom of his deck and recycle Booooomerang. Or a weapon that gets put back in hand after dealing damages under certain condition a la Boneking.

Gwen and DC needs enhancement abilities for their weapons that will help counter the things that shuts them down hard. 1 cc attachement will build in can-trip like Pack an extra is a good example.

Something like

1 cc
    Hunter ability - Attachement
    Target weapon has ambush untill the end of your turn - draw a card

2 cc
    Wulven ability - Attachement
    Target weapon has +1 attack untill the end of your turn - draw a card

1 cc
    Hunter ability - Attachement
    When attach to your weapon untill the end of your turn, combat damage from your hero can't be prevented by ally or armor abilities - draw a card

1 cc
    Wulven ability - Attachement
    Target weapon has +1 durability untill the end of your turn - Draw a card

My 0.02$
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Serena has been completely replaced by Garth as has been screamed out on the forums for months now. Serena needs something that compounds her ability like a weapon that retains bonuses permanently (to a maximum of course).

Raikka falls behind Majiya in every respect with her lack of board control, and Majiya isn't that crash hot at the moment anyway. I have never lost to a Raikka EVER. Honestly her ability is just bad, she needs something stronger.

Lets get the ideas flowing guys!
    love the post, really caught me on these 2 - couldn't agree with you more - cheers

BTW as to Raikka specifically I'd want her to at least have same feel of power as Skervox - I mean think about it..

All held and poisoned means free attacks all the way around and then poison damage afterward and still held their turn

Raikka should set them all on fire - same as poisoned for 1 dam a turn - and as for the "held" allowing for free attacks - the +1/-1 does not seem at all out of line still, held is better - this would help when she has no allies
    Last edited by tafkad; 08-08-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the ideas in this thread, but they seem to be a bit on the OP side

How bout a weapon/artifact like this:
    void spear
    3cc
    ambush
    0/0 (no attack value; no durability)
    Activate 0
    deals 1 point unpreventable combat damage. gain 1SE. activating this ability counts as a hero attack.
    If at the end of your turn no ally is moved to a graveyard void spear is destroyed.

hope the description is clear enough.
    would be far better for logan than for serena, but i guess that would be ok. no one wants perma discard.
    and yes it needs a better name/flavor