Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Helping the Less Fortunate Heroes

I know a lot of people have ideas about this, but this is a centralised location for ideas and theories about what will improve the weaker heroes in the game.

Basically these are some of my thoughts. It's a direct rip from this thread so you don't need to read on if you've already been there

I've built five Logan decks trying to make him work (Ravager, conventional midrange, semi-solo, Rothem's Haste, hasted allies with KP) and spend the better part of a month working on him. In the last season I lost 30 rating points (from 300-270) and this season I couldn't get past 250. He's garbage. Give him a weapon that can attack twice (with a validator like you have on Pithing Spear, must control a Shadow ally) and maybe we'll be onto something.

Ter is largely unchanged, Ravager is his best build but as we know Ravagers aren't that great without supporting fire (a.la Banebow). Boost the Ravager tribe with allies that turn into items on death or create items on summon and you'll be better.

Vess, like all Shadow Warriors, is largely useless and very variable. I've build three to four Vess decks and none are competitive.

All the Shadow Warriors could do with a cheap control ally along the lines of Seductress to help their early game. Their late game is good but they're already dead by that point.

Serena has been completely replaced by Garth as has been screamed out on the forums for months now. Serena needs something that compounds her ability like a weapon that retains bonuses permanently (to a maximum of course).

Ythan is another highly variable hero and I've only lost once to him (Props to TheOneCabs, that was a solid Ythan).

Gwen suffers so much because of the prevalence of Viska, and the increase in direct damage and high health allies. She was bad before but now is worse because she got no real good toys.

Praxix is too damn slow and extremely weak vs other discard builds. Any dedicated rush ruins him. Even a disruption style Praxix that doesn't rely on mill is way too variable.

Raikka falls behind Majiya in every respect with her lack of board control, and Majiya isn't that crash hot at the moment anyway. I have never lost to a Raikka EVER. Honestly her ability is just bad, she needs something stronger.

Lets get the ideas flowing guys!

EDIT: I feel maybe we should be a bit more structured about this. If everyone could post the four heroes they feel need the most attention/are weakest we can narrow the ideas down to them. From there we can see what sort of decks we can build and hopefully get some traction
    Last edited by Preybird; 08-09-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have already given the best solutions for shadow warriors and Serena
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some day Raikka will be good...
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome breakdown on the heroes. I too, have been tinkering with the lowly heroes trying to come up with a competitive 300 rating range deck. I tried lots of different builds for Praxix to make him stronger but to no avail. He's a nice concept and I like his art so I didn't want to give up. I do have an idea which might help heroes out that need it. Make a few Legendary cards specific to each hero that only that hero could use in a deck such as weapons or armors. It could be say Logan's horn (similar to what big teeth ), Ter Adun amulet (perhaps you take the item or ability from opponent like morphic armor), Serena's cowl ( durabilty 3: Serena has ambush), that's all I have for now. Making hero specific legendary cards like Nishaven staff or apprentice would make decks more unique to the hero they belong to and give them more of an identity instead of all the cards being interchangeable throughout the category they belong too. It would also give you a way to put that one card in for the hero who needs it to emerge as a playable deck and not let another hero along the same category get it and make the wrong hero stronger.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Logan needs weapons that are good without his hero ability. He's so reliant on weapons and when the best weapon (Jeweler's Dream) hits for 1 and doesn't really give much of anything, something is wrong.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for doing this, but you've skipped the part where you collectively work together to determine if there's even a problem. Any volunteers to do that part?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for doing this, but you've skipped the part where you collectively work together to determine if there's even a problem. Any volunteers to do that part?
    Well I think the community is pretty unanimous in their opinions on a number of these (Shadow Warriors, Serena in particular) and the Tier list thread you created shows a great number of commonalities even at this early stage. What are you suggesting we do as a collective to further the investigation when there is already a huge amount of knowledge on the subject already there? Bear in mind I'm not limiting discussion to these heroes. If someone thinks another hero (Elementalis draws quite varied opinions for example) needs something then they're welcome to contribute.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Well I think the community is pretty unanimous in their opinions on a number of these (Shadow Warriors, Serena in particular) and the Tier list thread you created shows a great number of commonalities even at this early stage.
    Sounds like a great hypothesis, worthy of testing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well guys, the challenge is on. Build us an OP Shadow Warrior and/or Serena deck.

It needs to be able to climb and be competitive (>50% win rate) at least at 270+.

Good luck!