Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassio View Post
    How about:

5cc - 2/4 - The first card your opponent discards from their hand during a turn is placed on top of your deck instead of their graveyard.
    Only cards owned (brought to the game) by you can go in your deck or graveyard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Only cards owned (brought to the game) by you can go in your deck or graveyard.
    I didnīt know this was a rule. Would offer some interesting new plays to break it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think a buff to hand destruction is enough to substantiate an assumption like everyone will be playing hand destruction if we make it more viable. There are plenty of viable and clearly more competitive decks than Serenas hand destruction could ever become and yet we do not see those decks everywhere.

Think of (in your opinion) the most finely tuned competitive deck that is accessible to the public. How many times do you go against that deck in a day? Not very much considering of how many matches you've played, right? People may know about a great deck but that doesn't mean that they are going to play it all the time, or maybe they simply just don't like how it plays.

Same goes for for a competitive hand destruction deck ( if it existed). Even if there was a buff to hand destruction the influx of players trying out HD decks will not be substantial enough to complain. Why? Because not everybody likes to play hand destruction.

Do you know how many times I played against a Serena today? Zero. Do you know how many times I played against a garth that did HD better than Serena? Probably two or three times today.

Garth has a wonderful ability that allows him to do massive damage to an ally; and now, with the cutlass, he will more than likely be in a position to provide a blow that will discard a card from an opponents hand as well.

I've trIed so many hand destruction decks with Serena that fail in comparison to other rogues who use HD as a bonus to an already effective deck without HD. And that is rediculous. If you try to utilize the HD cards we have been given we are sacrifing board control for hand advantage ( Ideally) that means less creatures, less board control, less answers to items on the board. We sacrifice all those things in the name of attempting to get rid of them before they become a problem. That's what a true hand destruction is all about.

HD deserves more of a chance than it is being given.

(Especially with all of the discard effects in rotation now, even if we discovered a decent underdog HD deck it can now easily be foiled from the extremely popular discard strategies we are all seeing)
    Last edited by EverKnight; 08-07-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What if Serenas ability was this...

3 SE

Serena Equips a weapon with 1 attack, and 1 durability that says "when Serena deals combat damage with this weapon your opponent randomly discards 1 card from their hand. This weapons durability may not increase under any circumstances"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gondorian can you please make a thread called "Cards Which Have Already Been Printed Will Never Be Changed", then lock it and sticky it in every subsection of this whole forum.

I'm honestly so tired of threads asking to change Serena / Logan's ability. It's not going to happen.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nobody's forcing you to read these. And try to stay on topic please .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Gondorian can you please make a thread called "Cards Which Have Already Been Printed Will Never Be Changed", then lock it and sticky it in every subsection of this whole forum.

I'm honestly so tired of threads asking to change Serena / Logan's ability. It's not going to happen.
    The whole no-errata policy is just lame though. They are heroes that will always end up in the coaster pile. It is hard to create cards designed to strengthen them without affecting their comrades. Logan in particular.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    The whole no-errata policy is just lame though. They are heroes that will always end up in the coaster pile. It is hard to create cards designed to strengthen them without affecting their comrades. Logan in particular.
    YES

HERO specific cards could be created though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Backer View Post
    YES

HERO specific cards could be created though!
    ...SE's main issue is the pace at which they release cards, creating Hero-specific cards would only make the whole process slower, imo
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...SE's main issue is the pace at which they release cards, creating Hero-specific cards would only make the whole process slower, imo
    Got a better idea?