Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Separate ranking for non-SF decks

It's stupid that those not playing the SF beta share the same rankings board as those who do. I just switched to an old mage rush DP deck and climbed easily. Either make a separate board for them or let the SF DP separate time window expire and force them to play those with SF cards. As it is, it's just silly and feels cheap.

PS. Thanks for the idea, HeatherBeast

Cheers
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This issue only exists during the beta phase of an expansion and would require a fair bit of recoding for something that isnt a constant problem.

Manipulating your rank with DP decks isnt going to benefit if your SF deck cant handle that rank. So i miss the issue here.

Forcing everyone to play sf isnt fair to those not wanting to take part in beta testing. The cards are in flux and lack of art can be a big turn off.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The issue is that I can very easily inflate my rank by playing bad (frankly horrible) opponents that are still in DP only and don't have SF cards. I'm currently sitting on rank 4 and 350 rating with, trust me, minimal effort. THAT is the problem, you can abuse bad players still playing DP for easy wins.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how do u enter a DP-only matchmaking system? do u play shadow era via an outdated app?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You make a deck with no SF cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Archm4ge View Post
    how do u enter a DP-only matchmaking system? do u play shadow era via an outdated app?
    Your deck must not contain Shattered Fates cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    The issue is that I can very easily inflate my rank by playing bad (frankly horrible) opponents that are still in DP only and don't have SF cards. I'm currently sitting on rank 4 and 350 rating with, trust me, minimal effort. THAT is the problem, you can abuse bad players still playing DP for easy wins.
    I'm quite sure there are very few abusing the system for the QM monthly rewards or you would be having a harder time maintaining your rank. Enjoy the exploit while it lasts.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft