4x Shadow Font

Items
    4x Antimatter
    4x Infinity Core

Armor
    4x Living Armor

Weapons
    4x Dagger of Fate

This is a well rounded deck that can be played many different ways to accommodate the matchup and is even capable of switching styles mid game if need be. This is a streamlined template. Therefore, feel free to adjust the copies to include techs depending upon the current meta according to your current rating. I do not play very often (usually 1-3 matches a day), but as-is, this deck usually keeps me above a rating of 250 and has exceeded 300 but usually stays below.

As I stated before, this deck can utilize many different play styles, switching between them or comboing them, so a turn analysis will not be supplied. Just know that you can rush or swarm with these cheap and expendable allies, use them to buff one another, use them solely for their effects, use them as meat shields and/or discard them for heal, recycle them for reoccurring effects or sac them for resources and go combat solo, effect solo, or combo these possibilities to confuse, surprise or even mill your opponent.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 08-06-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4x Living Armor is too many and I would tend to say that 4x Infinity Core is too many too. 4x is generally reserved for cards you want early game no matter what, and neither Armor nor Core meet that requirement. Also 45 cards is too many, there's rarely a good reason to go over 39 + hero.

I'd recommend cutting down to 41 cards max and finding room for a couple of item d cards (LLN or Acid Jet).
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    4x Living Armor is too many and I would tend to say that 4x Infinity Core is too many too. 4x is generally reserved for cards you want early game no matter what, and neither Armor nor Core meet that requirement. Also 45 cards is too many, there's rarely a good reason to go over 39 + hero.

I'd recommend cutting down to 41 cards max and finding room for a couple of item d cards (LLN or Acid Jet).
    Refer to the second and third sentences of the first paragraph.
    45 cards, 44+ hero, is to accommodate the discard mechanic while adding value to the draw and heal engines.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    Refer to the second and third sentences of the first paragraph.
    45 cards, 44+ hero, is to accommodate the discard mechanic while adding value to the draw and heal engines.
    Right, except if it's not 40 cards it's not streamlined and a 45 card deck with 4 Living Armor isn't optimal in any meta. Oversized decks are less consistent and therefore make it less likely to draw the cards you want / need. You don't need a bigger deck to accommodate discard and I'm not sure what deck size has to do with heal.
    GMT +13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Right, except if it's not 40 cards it's not streamlined and a 45 card deck with 4 Living Armor isn't optimal in any meta. Oversized decks are less consistent and therefore make it less likely to draw the cards you want / need. You don't need a bigger deck to accommodate discard and I'm not sure what deck size has to do with heal.
    Reactorary was the additional 4 added after play testing. Infinity core targets graved allies. Reactorary's 3-4 atk seems to be a threat for most decks, but is easily dealt with so it absorbs damage and ends up in the grave therefore becoming a target for Infinity core which in turn heals your hero.
    Btw, are you not aware that this deck is all the rave? Apparently it is op and can and will destroy anything in its path.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    Btw, are you not aware that this deck is all the rave? Apparently it is op and can and will destroy anything in its path.
    Yeah but 40 card versions of the same deck will always perform better
    GMT +13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm interested Twio in what cards you would cut/ include to make this deck perform better. I tried it out and it's not bad. It's easy to say 40 card versions will perform better, most players prefer a 40 card deck. So you're not really telling us anything. The question is which cards. The proof is in the pudding...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    I'm interested Twio in what cards you would cut/ include to make this deck perform better. I tried it out and it's not bad. It's easy to say 40 card versions will perform better, most players prefer a 40 card deck. So you're not really telling us anything. The question is which cards. The proof is in the pudding...
    I'm not Twio but going by his observations and what he alluded to I would do:
    -1x Living Armor
    -1x Dagger of Fate
    -1/-2x Infinity Core

Like he was saying these cards-excluding dagger possibly-aren't needed early game. I have found that with the draw from Antimatter and Falseblood Cultist is enough to only run 2 Infinity Cores max.

I don't want to speak for him but I see these as the changes that could be made to slim it down.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Infinity core helps with discard, the only time adding cards is viable for countering discard is when you dont have control pver it (ie. Temporal Disturbance). Your deck maintains control over dc at all times and can stall itself if needed.

IC, Antimatter, and Living Armor are not +4 includes. 3 each tops. LA is a dead draw early game and IC and Anti are dead draws unless its an item hate deck which is too situational to both pollute starting hand and draw consistency.

With IC being your lynchpin you can actually drop a couple allies and still be ok.

My Suggestions:
    -1 La
    -1 IC
    -2 Anti

=40+1

-1 React
    -1 FBC

+2 Santa (Antimatter alone isnt always enough and santa allows for more flooding of the board.

This deck as you list it isnt OP by any stretch. If its all the rage its on a different server, Ive never seen/heard of it until now. Slapping x4 of all the cards that were discussed in the balance threads does not make this a good deck. +1 for making a list of the 'on discard' cards I just wish there was thought behind it.

Rotling pwns this gimmick.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
    Infinity core helps with discard, the only time adding cards is viable for countering discard is when you dont have control pver it (ie. Temporal Disturbance). Your deck maintains control over dc at all times and can stall itself if needed.
    Okay, but I never said cards were added to counter discard.

IC, Antimatter, and Living Armor are not +4 includes. 3 each tops. LA is a dead draw early game and IC and Anti are dead draws unless its an item hate deck which is too situational to both pollute starting hand and draw consistency.
    Refer to the second and third sentences of the first paragraph of the initial post.
    Though, I would like to add that at 4x, an early Mind Control/Living Armor or late Antimatter/Infinity Core isn't as horrible as it may seem. Easy sac.

With IC being your lynchpin you can actually drop a couple allies and still be ok.
    If I drop allies, my chances of drawing those useless items and abilities will be greatly increased and, according to the feedback I'm receiving, that's unacceptable.

My Suggestions:
    -1 La
    -1 IC
    -2 Anti

=40+1
    If slimming is the issue here, it would depend on person preference.
    Personally, if I had to choose, I would:

-1 Mind Control
    -1 Antimatter
    -1 Infinity Core
    -1 Living Armor

-1 React
    -1 FBC

+2 Santa (Antimatter alone isnt always enough and santa allows for more flooding of the board.
    The thought never crossed my mind. Falseblood Cultist is here for burst draw without benefiting the opponent, discards, takes heat off the hero by leaving a body on the board and is easily recycled for health gain and reuse.

This deck as you list it isnt OP by any stretch. If its all the rage its on a different server, Ive never seen/heard of it until now.
    I'm sorry. I think you missed the sarcasm in the comment you're referring to.

Slapping x4 of all the cards that were discussed in the balance threads does not make this a good deck.
    Once again, refer to the second and third sentences of the first paragraph of the initial post. As an advid Zaladar player, i built and have ran variants of this deck since Shattered Fates was released on the test server.

+1 for making a list of the 'on discard' cards I just wish there was thought behind it.
    I apologize that the design team created cards that synergize well with one another. Shame on them.

Rotling pwns this gimmick.
    Oh! You've discovered a top secret weakness to discard Zaladar and it only has a card cost of 1! What!? Better hurry and tell everyone in those balance discussion threads you were speaking of before this strategy gets nerfed!
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 09-05-2014 at 02:36 PM.