Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor's 11 ways to get buff (SF)

Hey guys, back on the forums after gwenneth - and its my favorite hero, Victor

***HERO***
    Victor Heartstriker

***Allies (22)***
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Armored Sandworm
    3x Tainted Oracle
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Twilight Herald
    3x Champion of Irum
    3x Knight of Unaxio
    1x Viska, The Scarlet Blade

***Abilities (13)***
    4x Poison Arrow
    3x Treasured Heirloom
    2x A Legend Rises
    4x Raven's Gambit

***Items (4)***
    4x Decoy Trap

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

My victor deck has went through a crap ton of changes ever since I came back to SE.
    And thus, before I explain the deck list, I would like to explain why some cards did not make it into the deck.

Venomflame Archer --> Great on paper, decent in play, but I hardly ever use her. And she clogs up my graveyard.

Deepwood Bobcat --> Great on paper, pretty great in play, but clogs up my graveyard too.

Traps (Snare/Ricochet/Death) --> Graveyard clogs Snare Trap may work, but I have not tried it yet.

Wrath of the Forest --> I usually sacrifice this due to the better turn 4 plays that gives me board presence. I ditched it for Tainted Oracle.

Soul Seeker --> Similarly, while it has its uses, I find that I can put my resources to much better use.

Jasmine Rosecult --> I forgot why I took her out of the deck actually. But she was not really doing much to help me win, instead of being an ally shutdown, she was playing a role of a 3cc 3/4, and there are other options for that.

And now to explain the deck list. The goal of this deck is to have buffed up allies that is harder to kill, and while the opponent is distracted by the allies, shutdown his own allies with Victor's ability.

Twilight Herald --> The best 1cc ever. It is a free 1/1 to any all who wants it. And has early game board presence. And also makes my opponents think that I run twilight Victor. But no.

Champion of Irum --> The best 2cc ever. It grows as the game goes on. And when buffed by twilight herald, becomes a 3/5 early game in presence of just one >3cc ally.

Aldon the Brave --> Okay I should stop. But one of the best 3cc out there. And the survivability increases tenfold when given a buff from twilight herald. 'Nuff said

Tainted Oracle --> Board presence and draw. What's not to love?

Aeon Stormcaller --> More ways to get buff. And a protector. Wheeeee~

Armored Sandworm --> The invincible guy. And he can be buffed. Wheeeee~

Knight of Unaxio --> The ultimate buff guy. The synergy with Victor's ability recycle is my fav :3 I got him to 20/16 once :P

Poison Arrow/Hunter's Gambit --> Standard tools for any Victor deck

Treasured Heirloom --> More draw. And +1 attack buff.

ALR --> More buff. And saves all buffed allies from a sad sad fate.

Decoy Trap --> Survivability ++ And a nice niche is that it allows one twilight herald to buff two times.

However, there is seemingly so much other ways to do this, and so much other cards to put and to take out - so any comments pls?

P.S. Haven't tried peaking yet, am trying Gravebone right now, but I got a 9 win streak with this ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Knight of Unaxio --> synergy with Victor's ability recycle

Nice
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really neat idea to use Knight of Unaxio in this. Toss some of those abilities, and if they are Poison Arrow or Gambit, Victor can bring them back. Very interesting.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...my most favorite play with Vic is t3 Zailen Crusader -> t4 Deepwood Bobcat + Gambit (free)
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    ...my most favorite play with Vic is t3 Zailen Crusader -> t4 Deepwood Bobcat + Gambit (free)
    Yeah this seems to be the "thing" dominating victor - but it clogs up the graveyard a lot, and prevents me from getting back hunters gambit/poison arrow when I really need it.

Decoy trap clogs it up too actually.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty good deck, takes down the twilight-aramia and the darkrath gravebone. Also good board control against aggro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want to use decoy trap with an ally dont use it with twilight herlad, use it with twilight opportunist, very common and powerful combo, it can get bigger till infinity
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    If you want to use decoy trap with an ally dont use it with twilight herlad, use it with twilight opportunist, very common and powerful combo, it can get bigger till infinity
    Interesting O.o Never thought of that - what do you think of Twilight Opportunist VS Champion of Irum

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveleditor View Post
    Interesting O.o Never thought of that - what do you think of Twilight Opportunist VS Champion of Irum
    Opportunist is pretty much only used as your backup draw with Heirloom attached since he's guaranteed dead meat. ideally he manages to kill something too
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    Opportunist is pretty much only used as your backup draw with Heirloom attached since he's guaranteed dead meat. ideally he manages to kill something too
    I like it...it reminds me of a victor deck I used to run in DP, the basic premise was card efficiency, rather than draw (back when Victor's draw options were mediocre). You can essentially play to win trades, and get ahead on cards slowly over time, even if you never get draw cards. You of course have some solid draw in here as well, but I see hints of that same style of play here.