4x Irina, Guardian of the Swan

4x Silent Strike
    4x Backstab
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    1x A Legend Rises
    4x Somke Screen

2x Anklebreaker

ORIGINAL THREAD:

Here's a different take on an original Hero: Attachment heavy aggro Lance!

1x Lance Shadowstalker

2x Skilled Ironmonger
    3x Champion of Irum
    4x Zailen Crusader
    3x Night Owl
    4x Aldon the Brave
    4x Irina, Guardian of the Swan
    3x Eriss Fateweaver

4x Silent Strike
    4x Backstab
    3x Treasured Heirloom
    1x A Legend Rises

4x Anklebreaker

The first thing you might notice, is that there is no proper draw engine, instead we rely on 8 cantriping attachments, Treasured Heirloom and (to a lesser extent) Night Owl.

You might be afraid to run out of steam. Well, you will. (But your opponent will run out of life first, so it's all good.)

The deck plays out in three phases:

Step 1: Get board control before turn 5. Achieved by killing stuff with backstabbing weenies (ideally a free Backstab off of Zailen Crusader). If you miss your 2 drop, Night Owl will often survive for a T4 Zailen Crusader + Backstab/Heirloom (or even a simple Aldon). A great play is T3 Zailen Crusader + Silent Strike to set up something like Aldon + Treasured Heirloom or hasted Irina + Backstab

Step 2: Bash face. This is the point at which your advantage is the greatest. Your cheap cantrips have stocked your hand but your opponent needs to take a moment to set up. Proceed to deal 10+ damage for 2 turns. You can stall his board with Anklebreakers while your allies go to town.

Step 3: Win. Your opponent is now on low health, and you probably only have one card left in hand. If he's taken care of your board, set up something big for your second ability use. Anklebreaker is great to tide you over.

In other words, you never lose tempo and constantly play or buff threats. When your opponent takes time to set up, get in and punish him for it (you'll even get some free wins out of it). Actually, you have no choice, because if you fail to deal enough damage early and your opponent gets a good defensive position (healing, armor, traps, etc) you might never be able to finish him.

Irina is the all-star here, doubling all buffs and regularly hitting for double digits damage.

I'd write more but then you wouldn't watch my videos!

Deck Tech | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3

But don't take my word for it and watch as Veles wins a pop up with this exact list:

Last edited by FDL; 01-20-2015 at 03:51 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Note: I built this off a list provided by Sisyphos and some experiments from guildmates. My version is just more aggressive than the other lists I've seen.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    cool deck, and I like the videos. I'm curious, have you considered Zealous Mystic at all? I haven't tried this style deck, but it seems like a nice way to get some bonus damage out of backstab and heirloom (backstab, attack, summon mystic, he gets backstab and haste and attacks again - if you've got aldon out that's a bonus 4 damage in that turn).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Solid build!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice lance and good videos
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you thought about using tainted oracle for additional draw power? Lets say drop one NO and one silent strike for 2 TO?
    What about using also knight of unaxio? With the attachments heavy it might allow him to grow (although I am aware the idea is using the Attachment and not discarding them, it still provide some fallback plan to hit fast and hard)
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Have you thought about using tainted oracle for additional draw power? Lets say drop one NO and one silent strike for 2 TO?
    What about using also knight of unaxio? With the attachments heavy it might allow him to grow (although I am aware the idea is using the Attachment and not discarding them, it still provide some fallback plan to hit fast and hard)
    My sense from the video is that this deck is all about pacing - it takes advantage of the turn the opponent spends setting up a draw engine. Oracle is one such turn- since it's mediocre stats for the cost, and takes the place of other crucial t4 cards. It's an all-or-nothing style, where the deck gets weaker as the game goes on. Oracle would give the deck possible staying power, but also ruin the speed, which is the thing this deck has going for it.

Same issue with Unaxio, but worse - since the only draw engine this deck has is attachments and he eats them. He'd make you starve for cards quick, and left with one fatty and no hand. That's a lose condition against most decks. Unaxio can work well, but needs a deck built around him, this isn't it.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 08-01-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome use of the many cantrips available to Rogues!
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just played against this deck - except I was using my garth deck (posted in another topic here). It seems that black garb/braxnorian soldier are this deck's kryptonite.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    cool deck, and I like the videos. I'm curious, have you considered Zealous Mystic at all? I haven't tried this style deck, but it seems like a nice way to get some bonus damage out of backstab and heirloom (backstab, attack, summon mystic, he gets backstab and haste and attacks again - if you've got aldon out that's a bonus 4 damage in that turn).
    I did consider Mystic, but to be honest I haven't tested him. I feel that 2 drops must have 2 attack to be able to take advantage of Backstab.

The scenario you describe is interesting but what would you take out? Night Owl maybe? Owl is good on his own though.

Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    The deck has low draw power, but it has just enough. What it really needs is fast damage output and TO doesn't really cut it IMO (once again, I haven't tried him). Winning the game with an empty hand is better than losing with a couple of cards.

Hasted Knight for 5 with a potentially growing body might be nice. He costs a lot of cards though. Each discarded attachment does not draw a card so it's like discarding two or three cards for a +2/+2. I guess that if he took Eriss' place, I wouldn't need as many cards to reach 6 resources (which I want to do for a late hasted Irina + Backstab anyway)

Irinia deals 4 base damage but with a little work she'll deal more damage than a Knight. And it happens often enough that she deals 8+ damage.

I considered Rider of Ellos too, but he has low survivability and can't close the game out like Eriss.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Just played against this deck - except I was using my garth deck (posted in another topic here). It seems that black garb/braxnorian soldier are this deck's kryptonite.
    Yeah, Black Garb sounds terrible.

Brax Soldier doesn't sound as bad, given I only use my ability twice at most (and you can't prevent the first use).
    FDL TV!