Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

what do you think of SF?

I'm interested in what the general feeling is on Shattered Fates so far.

Personally, while I really like some things about it (new heroes, artifacts with durability etc) one the whole I don't realky like it. It seems too unbalanced to me. Cards like falseblood cultist, rampant krygon, harbinger of the lost and living armour are just too good when compared to the rest of the set.

Also, it seems like discarding for gain is the main theme of this set, but only a few heroes can really take advantage of it, while others just can't. if the cards that powered a discard effect (FC,living armour, abom factory etc) used random discard instead that would be much better and more balanced as it would add an element of risk.

What do you think

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cards are cool and we (the players) need more time for creative, intelligent deck experimentation. A bit more balancing wouldn't hurt. But that's where my optimism towards Shadow Era ends.

I don't play Shadow Era anymore. Why? I want all cards to have art. I want all the features being developed for Shadow Era 3.0

Shattered Fates never felt fresh to me because it was released buggy and incomplete. Even with the new art it probably won´t ignite the fire in me again. I need the campaign with it's unique cards and 2v2 to do that.

I hope the full Shattered Fates experience will be released as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Backer; 07-31-2014 at 06:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think SF made every single hero viable. Which is awesome

Edit: Except Rothem who is a joke
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    Edit: Except Rothem who is a joke
    We don't know that yet. Give the community time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The whole Discard aspect of SF is funny because it causes Rogue Discard decks to work against them and gives Serena another weakness. I like the interaction between the new Discard cards but like Heidrek mentioned it's too strong with certain heroes, mainly the Elementals. On the other hand it gave a bunch of heroes new choices in cards that gave them much needed help. For instance, Trans Curse for mages gave them an answer to hard to remove allies like Sandworm, Hunters got much needed draw power in Gambit, Twilight allies are so versatile for many decks, and that's just to name a few. I like the set for what it accomplished and what it will set up in the future.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rothem is a joke? I think you mean Logan. Rothem can be very mean if played right. Logan still has no real cards that work well specifically for him. Same more or less with Serena, who just continues to fall behind Lance and Garth, just as Logan continues to fall behind the other warriors.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would much rather just keep playing with the first 2 sets. This set does seem to have a lot of unbalanced cards strength-wise to me. However, with any card game such as this one players will want new cards to use so the game must continue to evolve if it's to stay relavant. I will continue to just play with the first 2 sets because it just seems to me like dark prophecies was the perfect compliment to call of the crystals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SF is very out of control.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the new set, it adds new styles of play as opposed to simply filling gaps in existing ones like DP did.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't like that it gives support for the following:
    -decks that don't run allies are just incredibly boring to play against, still don't understand why every card game can't avoid this stupid issue.
    -discard cards are too much of a wildcard. They either get drawn at the right time and own you, or just end up messing up the owner's deck. Aka they are too luck reliant (not fair on the owner when they suck, not fair on the opponent when they rock)
    Last edited by Romakarol; 07-31-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Member of ETC, your local friendly guild: http://asfetc.shadowera.net/index.php?board=1.0

IGN:
    namor (aramia flameforged- needs upgrading)
    lovely (moonstalker undead- main since forever)
    krolroma (aramia twilight- waiting for the meta to align)