Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At first I was pretty taken aback by SF and thought the Powercreep was just too much, but now I am starting to like it.

My only serious gripe (apart from wulven time ) is the art. Not only that it is released slowly and piecemeal, I can life with that (barely), but I just feel the payoff isn't there. There are far too many cards I'd just consider ugly and of low quality. But while this might be counter by art is subjective.... The main problem is a severe lack of consistency. The first thing I fell in love with in Shadow Era was the distinct art style and it's strong sense of theme, even before there was any lore to speak of.
    Now I look at the cards and feel Wulven compromised its vision (or well my vision of Wulven's vision ) to get more cards out more quickly. You feel that the art ws just picked up from deviant art instead of being commissioned. I know much of the old art was gathered in a similar fashion and I don't want to disparage the artists on deviant, but I feel that Wulven either didn't pick as carefully or just got lucky the first times.
    I paid a pretty good sum in the kickstarter and would have hoped that the quality of the new expansion would be much higher than the previous editions. And I think the Design Team did a pretty good job at this! Just sad that the art isn't quite there. And we all know how important art is in a CCG (just ask Kyle).

But I think I'll get used to it. Some cards are at least funny bad (Falseblood cultist, Wulven Scout. I am loughing at you), but I'll never accept Praxis! Elementals are awesome beings of pure energy from a different dimension, not some stupid Fire-, Water-, Earth-, Wind- Elements
    That's more Captain Planet than Shadow Era.

TL;DR SF is great! SF art not so much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Set mechanics are good...just need some little changement....art not so satisfied...too much time...low quality images in some case,very BAD frame in different cards....i feel disappointed until now, card art is very important imo.I m a kickstarter backer and at the moment i m not happy about my "investment",sorry.