Close

Thread: Rate my skills

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rate my skills

Anybody feel like watching my replays and giving constructive criticism on how to improve? (XxD3L3T3DxX)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XxD3L3T3DxX View Post
    Anybody feel like watching my replays and giving constructive criticism on how to improve? (XxD3L3T3DxX)
    I just watched your latest game (gwen vs darkclaw) and i think you know what you are doing but you need a better deck.

Rapid Fire in an ally-heavy gwen deck has no place. Deck Draw was too weak. Try Wrath of the Forest. Golden Katar hasn't proved itself to be a great card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did allies to take pressure off Gwen. I was thinking my card draw was too weak. Maybe remove the 2 ley line nexus and adding 2 road less traveled.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did allies to take pressure off Gwen. I was thinking my card draw was too weak. Maybe remove the 2 ley line nexus and adding 2 road less traveled.
    The deck is:
    3x Jasmine
    2x Lily
    4x Priest of light
    2x Aeon StormCallet
    4x Posion arrow
    4x Rapid Fire
    4x Into the Forest
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Bad santa
    4x Soulseeker
    2x Golden Katar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck is:
    3x Jasmine
    2x Lily
    4x Priest of light
    2x Aeon StormCallet
    4x Posion arrow
    4x Rapid Fire
    4x Into the Forest
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Bad santa
    4x Soulseeker
    2x Golden Katar
    The first thing i'd try is to remove the Golden Katar and Into the Forest and replace them with 6 good 2cc allies. Keep the Ley Line. Then remove 4 Rapid Fire and replace them with Wrath of the Forest. Replace 2 Priest of the light with 2 Aldons.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry to insert a second topic but figured I could point out general play mistakes better than correct card choices.

Watched 2 of your Logan games. It looks like you are under valuing tempo. Both games you gave up the board to opt for BF and in one of them Enrage though the rest of your hand might have been dead plays can't tell without seeing it. Draw is very important but you should almost never choose to give up the board unless you have a clear plan on how to get it back. Also if you have strong board control you hand size does not matter as much because many of the cards in their hand are effectively worthless in that if they play an ally that will die w/o doing anything they are waisting a card (in fact unless they desperately need to avoid hero damage it is better not to play that ally as saving it for when it can do something or resourcing it are both ore useful than soaking up a few damage.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Sorry to insert a second topic but figured I could point out general play mistakes better than correct card choices.

Watched 2 of your Logan games. It looks like you are under valuing tempo. Both games you gave up the board to opt for BF and in one of them Enrage though the rest of your hand might have been dead plays can't tell without seeing it. Draw is very important but you should almost never choose to give up the board unless you have a clear plan on how to get it back. Also if you have strong board control you hand size does not matter as much because many of the cards in their hand are effectively worthless in that if they play an ally that will die w/o doing anything they are waisting a card (in fact unless they desperately need to avoid hero damage it is better not to play that ally as saving it for when it can do something or resourcing it are both ore useful than soaking up a few damage.)
    How exactly did I give up board control? I'm still new to all the terms and lingo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By playing a support ability like blood frenzy or enrage, you deprive yourself of the resources needed to play allies or board control cards in the first 4 or so turns.