Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playmats

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Playmats

I have never liked the idea of playmats, at least the Zaladar art they are showcasting is ugly and also the wont let you see the background, meaning there is really no point in making or asking for a new and animated backgrounds.... but i was thinking and it is possible to make animated playmats with diferent artworks!...i mean why does it have to be only card arts on the playmats? they could make nice animated playmats with a cool art, lets say a burning battle field, and also the hero art playmats can have a little animation like breathing, to make it even more interesting to have one. I think this would be a lot better and people to be more willing to purchase one. Personally im not buying a playmat if the only art that im gonna get is a card or hero art (i have not bought digital card sleeves for the same reason) ....i just see it as a waste of money and something that looks bad, but if you give us cool playmats art and animated then im probably buy one and i bet more people will be willing to buy it.

What do you guys think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am no fan of how they are done either. I would prefer if something like new log in screen for new background. Nothing too invasive but it would add some dynamic. These new backgrounds could be bought for SC to replace current ones which could stay default ones.

Since new targeting lines are bright and new background needs to be dark for it to stand up, they can, for example, make Abomination Factory in new background and add some minimal effects like light shivering from that building.

Similar can be done with Widespread Decay(add bird moving and some smoke) and All Hope is Lost (glowing meteors)
    Last edited by Veles; 07-30-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    they look bad.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that instead of playmates would be nice to have new background in high resolution. Maybe for the Kickstarter backers instead of the exclusive playmates can be given in a special edition of the heroes (reframed, golden, etc..)
    Last edited by indastria; 07-30-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think they just need to be outlined to add some detail. Also pick better art. (Scenery type art)
    Zal or Speedstrike or any art that's right in your face don't make good backgrounds, that's just common sense.

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Since new targeting lines are bright and new background needs to be dark for it to stand up, they can, for example, make Abomination Factory in new background and add some minimal effects like light shivering from that building.

Similar can be done with Widespread Decay(add bird moving and some smoke) and All Hope is Lost (glowing meteors)
    I like what he is saying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea, and most likely the playmats will be updated to something like that in the future. For the available playmats when the feature goes live, we'll be sure to choose more scenery images. But of course the existing two were chosen to match the physical playmats, and my two favorite artworks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the physical playmats should be digital ones too for people who want them (Zal, SS and Aeon). I like Veles' ideas a lot. This is also a perfect opportunity to release the full-art PotL mat that everyone wants
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    An idea to maybe try out is to have a background that is table-like, wood grain or a solid colour. Then you could try adding a black line around the playmat to make it stand out a bit more.

I think that the playmats are looking better now with the rounded edges than at the beginning, with a few tweaks we should be able to get them to look great. Also, getting more full artwork prints would help too.

I would love to see a Plague or Ellos' Resolve mat.
    Tenacious Defender of Prana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just thought I'd share my Top 10 art that I would love to see implemented. (In no specific order)

1.Shrine of Negatia
    2. Sever Ties
    3. Shadow Font
    4. Road Less Traveled
    5. Widespread Decay
    6. All Hope Is Lost
    7. Tombstone Beacon
    8. The Bigger They Fall
    9. Obelisk Of Echoes
    10. Plague