Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Physical game review by Geekedupgaming

Geekedupgaming does a review of the Shadow Era physical cards, saying "We love this game. Not something I would play all the time, but its really a great game."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Geekedupgaming does a review of the Shadow Era physical cards, saying "We love this game. Not something I would play all the time, but its really a great game."
    So i watched like 15 mins and if anything, this shows how awkward physical play of Shadow Era is. Seriously.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you even played the physical game? I don't think it's awkward at all. Almost everyone we have demoed it to can pick it up quickly and enjoys it. If you're coming from the digital game, it takes awhile before you remember to add shadow energy each turn, for example, but using dice for health is pretty simple, and is the same for most other card games. Remember that the review is by people who are new to the game, and they're not exactly professional reviewers LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The fact that they played almost everything incorrectly really made it hard to watch. It's a decent review by honest people but it felt really awkward.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Which raises some point to the rulebook and the card frasing and such not being 100% easy to understand at first. They admit that they did not read it all before playing, so we can blame it at the player too. But eventually the more we can help the newcomer, specially that who didn't play the digital version, the better. And I think we should explain things like steadfast and defender and frozen and so on more than we do today. Cotc does that just fine, you see: you get the card, read what it does and play it, and that may not be that straightforward with SF, for example. Just my two cents on not forgetting about the newbie. :-)
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you even played the physical game? Remember that the review is by people who are new to the game, and they're not exactly professional reviewers LOL
    No, i haven't. At 17:35 he says:"I´ve never tried to attack allies while i played on tablet or anything." LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you even played the physical game? I don't think it's awkward at all.
    I have and while I wouldn't say it's awkward, I do agree that it's "iffy". Whenever I want to play the physical game I need to bring a box of dice and counters (for frozen/fire/poison/etc).

Doesn't mean I don't like the game, because I do

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think "a box of dice and counters" is pretty much required for any physical TCG... Even I was reluctant to play the physical version, playing it for the first time at Gen Con last year. But it was way easier than I thought, and playing with your opponent sitting there across from you is a whole different experience.

I agree that we could explain some things better though. And we'll be doing a series of tutorial videos for the physical game for people that don't have a Champion nearby to demo it for them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find the physical game pretty easy to play. I tend to be "scorekeeper" for my friends however, tracking their SE and health for them (basically giving them a gentle nudge if they forget to increment )
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The physical game is pretty easy for me. The dice are no less complex than in pokemon, but I agree there should be things to help newbies such as: counters for frozen, burning, poison ETC. Also on the mat there should be rules, as in pokemon:
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.