Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SF Gravebone Rush

Hi all, this is my first thread on the forums. Though I've been playing SF for quite some time I am in no way a pro player. So give me helpful suggestions and comments about this deck I've built. I've been having fun with eladwen rush for quite a while already but it has lately not been giving me any success. Thus I wanted play something else similar to eladwen rush and possibly even better. So I came up with a Gravebone rush idea and it turns out pretty nice. The decklist is shown below.

***HERO***
    Gravebone

***Allies (20)***
    4x Sun-blighted One
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Falseblood Cultist
    4x Dakrath

***Abilities (15)***
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Supernova
    3x Sacrificial Lamb

***Items (4)***
    4x Crystal Shards

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Edits: -3 Corpse Hurler -4 Bad Santa -1 Ley Line Nexus -3 Tomb of Knowledge
    +4 Brimstone Devourer +4 Sun Blighted One +3 Sacrificial Lamb

The aim of this deck is to get dakrath by turn 4 (if you are going second)/ turn 5 (if you are going first). Below are the explanations for why I put in each cards.
    Explanations of each card

Allies

Harbinger of the Lost: This little guy from shattered fates is a great turn 2 play with a high possibility of going to 2 attack and 4 health. Also, with 4 Dakrath in the deck, it is around a 12.5% chance of getting Dakrath straight away into the graveyard.

Corpse Hurler: To solve the issue of Dakrath in your hand, we have this guy who will most likely tank any one hit in one turn with 6 health, and in the next turn is able to discard Dakrath deal 3 damage to anything on the field. This card seems too slow plus I feel that I have enough ways to get dakrath into the grave. Also have to make way for more cost 3 allies.

Falseblood Cultist: It performs the same role as corpse hurler, except that late game, it can serve as a draw engine to help draw into your final spells to win the game.

Dakrath: The star player of the deck. With 5 attack and 5 health and being able to reduce any damage to it by 2, how can anybody not consider this OP? Also, with 4 of this guy in the deck, it is a rare day we will not see this guy in our hand or in the graveyard. Of course, there are many ways to kill this guy very early into the game. Being so, this thing still is a huge monster that gives pressure to your opponent in turn 4 or turn 8 in the game. If the opponent does not have a counter to this, it is very clear that they are screwed.

Brimstone Devourer: A new addition to the deck. 3 direct damage to the hero or aiding to stop the rush is very welcome in this deck with the discard theme in the deck as well. Plus this card helps me win games if I am lucky.

Sun Blighted One: This card is great as suggested by Bismarck, this thing can boost SE for gravebone to revive more consistently. Also it acts as a DMT, being able to deal 1 damage to the hero may help later in the game for the final burn to the hero.
    Abilities

Fireball: This is your direct damage dealer to sweep it up later in the game. With 4 damage and only 3 cost, multiple fireballs can even be casted later in the game to finish it.

Lightning Strike: 4 cost and 3 damage to 2 targets. Not very bad damage output and is able to stop early game rushes. Of course who does not love direct damage to your opponent?

Supernova: This is a great board wipe for mages. with 5 damage to everything on the board, almost nothing that is low coast can tank this explosion. This clears the board of allies and leaving it open for other allies to come in unharmed. What's more, 5 damage to the hero is a huge chunk dealt, which aids the rush theme of this deck.

Bad Santa: 3 cards for me is very nice. Moreover, on turn 2 if I don't have my harbinger of the lost and I do go first, a santa bomb is very nice. Too much draw power was needed, plus I am running sort of a semi board control depending on the hero I face.

Ley line Nexus: I only put one of this for the occassional spelleater bands matchup, coming from experience with eladwen rush. Since I am running based on the dakrath theme, I feel that Spelleaterbands will not be a problem to the deck, as I have enough allies to take it down or finish off the opponent immediately.

Sacrificial Lamb: As suggested by many, this thing does help when dakrath gets crippled and can't attack permanently. Moreover, it acts as a draw engine for the game if needed for the final burn cards to finish the opponent.

Items

Tome of Knowledge: Your turn 2 play if needed and helps with the draw late game. This is your reliable draw engineWith the addition of Sac Lamb, I feel that a draw engine like this is a little too slow and if I ever needed cards, I could just sac lamb an ally.

Crystal Shards: Performs the same role as Harbinger of the Lost in getting the Dakrath into the graveyard. also it acts as a temporary draw engine.

And that is the end of the decklist. With 15 allies in the deck, board control is not something that I care about very often. The many spells that I use is mainly for the direct damage to the hero. I have 15 draw engines, temporary or not, which gives no problem to bad draws. Further below is generally how a game works out.

Typical game plan

Turn 1: Nothing
    Turn 2: Harbnger of the Lost/Tome of Knowledge/Crystal shards/Bad Santa (if going first)
    Turn 3: Fireball/Tome of Knowledge/Crystal Shards/ Harbinger of the Lost
    Turn 4: Falseblood Cultist/Corpse Hurler (When Dakrath in your hand)/ Summon Dakrath (if going second)
    Turn 5: Fireball/Lightning Strike/Supernova
    Consecutively play according to your hand and finish up the game.

With this I am done with my thread. Hopefully, you guys can give me helpful suggestions on how to improve this deck. Thanks.
    Last edited by MordredPhantoms; 07-31-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll replace Bad Santa with more allies.
    Way too much draw power already.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't have any counter against cb, zail which your opponents will always prepare in thier hand when they see your hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A crippled, captured or "zailed" Dakrath will hit you hard. Ofc you got still a lot of burn, but you should probably add Lamb.

"Be polite; write diplomatically;
    even in a declaration of war one observes the
    rules of politeness."
    Otto von Bismarck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    A crippled, captured or "zailed" Dakrath will hit you hard. Ofc you got still a lot of burn, but you should probably add Lamb.
    Dakrath actually can't be captured.
    chamthabo
    Sandrider of Arrakis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN : BP chamthabo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Instead of Bad Santa i would add Sacrificial Lamb like already mentioned.
    Nice deck maybe add a few more allies.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chamthabo View Post
    Dakrath actually can't be captured.
    True. But let's say he's at least just bola-striked. Still, a semi-usefull and unique key card on the board, which can't be cleared by anything, is dangerous. Lamb is the perfect choice here. You might kill Dakrath with a Nova, but doesn't bring you additional draw.

Have you considered SBOs? Brings some speed, but might be dangerous aswell, by giving both SE. How's your feeling about that?

Best regards!
    Last edited by Bismarck; 07-30-2014 at 10:04 AM.

"Be polite; write diplomatically;
    even in a declaration of war one observes the
    rules of politeness."
    Otto von Bismarck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright I will try out sacrificial lamb. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    I'll replace Bad Santa with more allies.
    Way too much draw power already.
    What allies do you then suggest for me to put in that could possibly aid the rush

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True. But let's say he's at least just bola-striked. Still, a semi-usefull and unique key card on the board, which can't be cleared by anything, is dangerous. Lamb is the perfect choice here. You might kill Dakrath with a Nova, but doesn't bring you additional draw.

Have you considered SBOs? Brings some speed, but might be dangerous aswell, by giving both SE. How's your feeling about that?

Best regards!
    I did consider using SBO, loving idea of getting more shadow energy to get dakrath back more frequently. Moreover, I don't have a turn 3 ally play so this might help .Will test it out, thanks.