Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    We had a few games without issue earlier (apart from the Twilight Champion bug and Belladonna incorrect damage), but Indastria / Shining / Lahiri ran into a sync error just now where the player cast DMT, but the opponent and replay did not see him cast. I watched the replay and saw the same weird issue. I'm looking into it now.
    EDIT: Having looked into this in detail, my conclusion is that it was a connection issue, whereby the active player cast DMT, but that move was not recorded by the other player or the server. This is why a replay shows DMT not being cast, since the cast was not recorded. For the active player, the game continued with DMT being cast and an attack and so on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's a chance this has been caused by bugs with the tournament system, since completely different cards have appeared on screen compared to what opponent played, so could be because it got the opponent's deck wrong.

If we all avoid the tournament thing and just use Create Game then we can see if normal games are without sync error.

Thanks.

TL;DR: TOURNAMENT SYSTEM IS BUGGED. DON'T USE. MIGHT CAUSE ISSUES IN GAMES AFTERWARDS.
    Although the tournament system would be awesome to implement in Shadow Era, if it takes forever to correct and actual be able to use without any bugs has Kyle consider doing the newest update without it and work on it for a later update? I think most of the community would like this as well if it means a sooner release for the update.
    Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.
    IGN: AP BlackAngel

free online tournament with prizes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    Although the tournament system would be awesome to implement in Shadow Era, if it takes forever to correct and actual be able to use without any bugs has Kyle consider doing the newest update without it and work on it for a later update? I think most of the community would like this as well if it means a sooner release for the update.
    I think he already said it's not going in 2.85. If he didn't say that, then I agree that he should say it and not put it in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New bug found: Raikka's fire combat damage is only lasting until end of her turn, not the start of her next turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New bug found: Zoomed attack stats on What Big Teeth show with white block instead of a Claw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New bug found: When Shard of Power in play, allies in your hand and your grave show with 1HP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    OK, so having looked into that weird sync error more, my conclusion is that it was caused by connection issues, possibly made worse by the bugged tournament game that was in progress and also ran into connection issues.

To try to put it as simply as possible:

1) Active player casts DMT. That Player Move (CAST) should be sent to the game server and the opponent (over the INTERNET!!!!).

2) When game server / opponent receives a Player Move called CAST, that card should be cast. So DMT should be cast for them. If this Player Move is not received, DMT will not be Cast!!!

3) Active player continues, choosing target for DMT's on summon ability. That Player Move (TARGET) should be sent to the game server and the opponent (over the INTERNET!!!!).

4) When game server / opponent receives a Player Move called Target, the appropriate target is chosen. So DMT should target something.

The fact that a replay also doesn't show DMT being Cast means that that Player Move was not successfully transmitted to the game server, where replays are logged. All I see in the log is targeting without casting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New bug found: When Wulven Scout enters play without being summoned, you don't always get to see the opponent's hand that turn. It works correctly as of your next turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bug finding and fixing news:

NEWLY FOUND BUGS IN 2.8506

* Belladonna has arcane damage when it should be sword. (This has been in the game since forever and will have affected some arcane type cards.) FIXED in 2.8507.
    * Ghostmaker doesn't trigger twice if damage other than combat damage happened in combat. (Doesn't work with Violet Thunderstorm or Threbin.) FIXED in 2.8507.
    * Holy Shield does not prevent an ally from being killed if it is killed by non-damage. FIXED in 2.8507 (Holy Shield temporarily grants ally minimum of 1HP while attached, since 0HP always means dead in Shadow Era.)
    * Raikka's fire damage for friendly allies only lasts until end of the turn. FIXED in 2.8507.
    * Shard of Power is causing allies in hand and in graveyard to display with 1HP. FIXED in 2.8507.
    * Twilight Champion will grow if you view and close the graveyard, based on number of Twilight allies in it. FIXED in 2.8507.
    * What Big Teeth is showing the attack value in a white box instead of a claw like the unzoomed attack icon. FIXED in 2.8507.
    * When Wulven Scout enters play without being summoned, you don't always get to see the opponent's hand that turn. It works correctly as of your next turn. CAN'T REPRODUCE (worked fine for me)
    Apart from a sync error in one game, that's all the bugs I've heard about and I've fixed them all for the next update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New bug found: Zoomed attack stats on What Big Teeth show with white block instead of a Claw.
    same thing still with Rod of Smiting