Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good point.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

England/France/somewhere... I think I am a bit lost...
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    No, accounts that have not chosen their hero and player name are not included in that statistic
    Speaking of player name, does everybody starts with a number or is it just that a great number of people (like me) made a mistake and missed the opportunity to chose a name?
    I was quite annoyed to spend 100 crystals in order to have a proper name.
    "What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How do I register to actualy play

I think the registeration system is broken. Do not think making a typo should magically make a new account with a non-existant email. I would also like it so that it is possible to change the email associated with the account.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The login and password field is case insensitive. You can try it yourself the next time you log in.

The initial registration valid email checker might have an issue however, I'll look into that...

Edit: Well, I tested with the following results.

Fawn2@SpiritSeeker.net - closest to what you were doing: created new account OK
    Fawn@SpiritSeeker12341234.net - non-existing but valid domain: created new account OK
    Fawn@Spirit Seeker.net - extra space in domain making it invalid: email address rejected
    Fawn @SpiritSeeker.net - extra space in name portion: created new account OK (should have been rejected actually)

All text you enter into the form is converted to lower case (the font makes it look like caps, but whatever)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DSide Daemons View Post
    There should be a notification/confirmation that a new account is being made.
    1+

I'd advise a simple 'Create Account' button on the main screen.
    It would open a screen identical to the "login screen" except for a title/caption and maybe a short description for those unsure newbies to the game.

CREATE.jpg

I know you're impressed with my paint brush skill set :P
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 07-30-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pulled from chat box:

2014/08/03 3:26 AM <Gualtiero> Just downloaded on android. How do I Register? the game menu ask me for mail and password But there is no optional to create an account

Do we have any solution 'road mapped' for first time players? It's a bit early to discourage first time players, before they even have a chance to play this awesome game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Pulled from chat box:

2014/08/03 3:26 AM <Gualtiero> Just downloaded on android. How do I Register? the game menu ask me for mail and password But there is no optional to create an account

Do we have any solution 'road mapped' for first time players? It's a bit early to discourage first time players, before they even have a chance to play this awesome game
    It's a confusing issue i guess.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....each-a-new-low

Specifically, we were not able to register an account or log in. A screenshot is attached for your reference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This case sensitivity rant is nonsense. I've used caps when entering my email since day one. Shadow era accepted it just as any other site has. As for adding a 'create account' button, the login button reads 'login/register' which seems self explanatory.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Backer View Post
    It's a confusing issue i guess.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....each-a-new-low

Specifically, we were not able to register an account or log in. A screenshot is attached for your reference.

Thanks Backer, I just read that thread.

Interesting that the response, from hearing that the 'account creation' interfaces is not intuitive, was to 'play down' the intelligence of the Apple team in a forum discussion rather then addressing the issue itself which is regularly raised within the same community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    As for adding a 'create account' button, the login button reads 'login/register' which seems self explanatory.
    That's a very valid point you make There must be a reason why so many people stumble with this...
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 08-03-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    That's a very valid point you make There must be a reason why so many people stumble with this...
    Yes, the reason is that it's clear as mud. With almost every other website/game, you'll be asked to login or if you cannot click to another screen to register an account. If someone suddenly decides to roll those into one and the same form, without discerning between login/creation, then it becomes a mess.