Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How do I register to actualy play

I rather expected this question to already be posted. I am sorry to say you guys have totally blown it. Both the edition I downloaded to my Kindles recently and the online (Java) version I tried to play just now have the identical "Login/Register" window. Once this window is opened on has the option to enter and email and password. If one is NOT registered, one is told the information given is invlid. There is no button or link to a registration form. I came here and registed for the forum, but that's not the same thing as registering to play. I was expecting the site to have a registration form. How HOW IN BLOODY HELL DO YOU EXPECT NEW PLAYERS TO REGISTER!?

Please excuse my indignation but I cannot believe this game has been avaiable for over a week without someone commenting one this.

Where is the invisible "Register" button I am missing. On my kindle I tried pressing on the text of "Login/Register" to no beneficial effect. I didn't try it on the web version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In general, you simply enter in your email and a password in the form, and hit the button.

If the email is invalid, it will tell you so. Check to make sure the email is in a valid format such as me@domain.com
    If the email doesn't exist in our system, it will create a new account for you.
    If the email exists already, it will log you in, or tell you the password is incorrect if it doesn't match.

Please email support@shadowera.com so we can help you without you posting your info here, perhaps you are entering an invalid email such as an extra space somewhere.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If the email doesn't exist in our system, it will create a new account for you.
    OMG

So every time someone enters their email incorrectly a new account is made??? That's why there are 4 million registered accounts!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, accounts that have not chosen their hero and player name are not included in that statistic

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please excuse my indignation but I cannot believe this game has been avaiable for over a week without someone commenting one this.
    A week? in Wulven time indeed...
    Welcome to SE!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE is so new... who knew?
    "Learn , Improve , Succeed"

Alternate Reality Champion
    Five Heroes Champion
    The Gunslinger II Champion
    World Championship Wildcard Qualifier 2013 Champion
    World Championship 2013 Top 16
    Asia Regionals 2014 Runner-Up
    World Championship 2014 3rd Runner-Up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Thank you, however part of the problem is your email addr parsing

Well, I have finally gotten started play, earning crystals and gold, etc.

The problem is your parsing of email. You register F and f as distinct characters. However the WWW standard for URLs and Email adresses is the capitalization is ignored in email addresses and domain names (well the first two levels, anyway, however my experience is that capitalization in subdomains is ignored).

Your parser reads Fawn@SpiritSeeker.net as an invalid email address. I've been using it exactly like that for 15 years. In fact, it's hard for me not to include the capitalization.

I've no idea why there was a problem on the Java app. It translated (at least for display purposes) into caps. I am pretty sure I tried my email all in lowercase, but I might have slipped and had no way to catch my error.

However, long term, I highly recommend setting 'ignore case' in your regular expressions or other pattern matching.

I'm registered now, so I consider the issue close, though it would be nice to hear if you decide to change eaddr parsing.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

How do I register to actualy play

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn Calyx View Post
    Well, I have finally gotten started play, earning crystals and gold, etc.

The problem is your parsing of email. You register F and f as distinct characters. However the WWW standard for URLs and Email adresses is the capitalization is ignored in email addresses and domain names (well the first two levels, anyway, however my experience is that capitalization in subdomains is ignored).

Your parser reads Fawn@SpiritSeeker.net as an invalid email address. I've been using it exactly like that for 15 years. In fact, it's hard for me not to include the capitalization.

I've no idea why there was a problem on the Java app. It translated (at least for display purposes) into caps. I am pretty sure I tried my email all in lowercase, but I might have slipped and had no way to catch my error.

However, long term, I highly recommend setting 'ignore case' in your regular expressions or other pattern matching.

I'm registered now, so I consider the issue close, though it would be nice to hear if you decide to change eaddr parsing.
    Thanks for the feedback. Ignoring case seems wise and I am shocked we don't do it already.

I hope we've not lost too many customers, who care about the case of their email address when they type it, due to this. I'm glad you persevered and hope you can enjoy the game now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Backer View Post
    OMG

So every time someone enters their email incorrectly a new account is made??? That's why there are 4 million registered accounts!
    Why do you think we occasionally get panicked forum topics about how "the damn game lost ALL my cards!!"? Because someone mis-spelled their email address and thus made a new account. Personally I think it's not the smartest way to go about account creation, but it's tradition here.. so...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There should be a notification/confirmation that a new account is being made.