Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Trying to come back and having major pc issues... HELP please

Hi, I got a new computer w/ windows 8.1 and down loaded SE and it wouldnt get past 100% and is downloading real slow. I tried to play off the web and it needs to keep updating every time. Now I cant connect to the server at all. The weird thing is it seems to muff up my wireless connection sometimes too. I cant play off line on my other devices cause the server thinks im logged in somewhere else. I can play live though on my phone and tablet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but no luck. It seems odd that when ever I uninstalled and re loaded it went right back to my email and password and display settings. I tried on IE and firefox, and clearing my caches. Any suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is everything else working fine?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I'm a bit lost.

What happens when you:

1) Start the PC app on your new computer and make up an email address (creating new account). It doesn't get past the updating screen? Which version are you using?

2) You use the web version on your new computer and make up an email address (creating new account). It doesn't get past the updating screen?

3) You use the iOS version and make up an email address (creating new account). It gets past updating screen? What then?

If you can answer these, we can narrow down the problem. Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. I'm a bit lost.

What happens when you:

1) Start the PC app on your new computer and make up an email address (creating new account). It doesn't get past the updating screen? Which version are you using?

2) You use the web version on your new computer and make up an email address (creating new account). It doesn't get past the updating screen?

3) You use the iOS version and make up an email address (creating new account). It gets past updating screen? What then?

If you can answer these, we can narrow down the problem. Thanks!
    Question 1) I am using my regular account, which originally wouldnt finish downloading post log in. Now it wont even get past the log in screen. Saying server connection error. I also attempted to log in to my alt account with the same outcome of server connection error. I can log in on the web with my normal account but it needs to redownload everytime. I am using the most current version 2.840 just downloaded today. cant log on with a new email.
    Other POI is it wants to download when I try to playoff line. I have let it finish to 100% twice but it wont go past the news screen.

Question2) I didnt try to do a new account on the web. My real account worked, but it has to keep re-downloading eveytime I log on.

Question3) I'm on android systems, and again Im logging in on with my old account which will let me get on live, but if I try to play offline it says Im logged on in a alt location.

Dont thank me.... thank you for such a quick response. You rock.

Oh....@ Backer All seems to be working ok. Its tough to tell because I dont know what the hell is going on with this OS. Big difference from windows 7 and I have a touch screen to make it a little crazier learning 8.1. LOL
    Last edited by Drake Lifetaker; 07-27-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Lifetaker View Post
    Question 1) I am using my regular account, which originally wouldnt finish downloading post log in. Now it wont even get past the log in screen. Saying server connection error. I also attempted to log in to my alt account with the same outcome of server connection error. I can log in on the web with my normal account but it needs to redownload everytime. I am using the most current version 2.840 just downloaded today. cant log on with a new email.
    Other POI is it wants to download when I try to playoff line. I have let it finish to 100% twice but it wont go past the news screen.

Question2) I didnt try to do a new account on the web. My real account worked, but it has to keep re-downloading eveytime I log on.

Question3) I'm on android systems, and again Im logging in on with my old account which will let me get on live, but if I try to play offline it says Im logged on in a alt location.

Dont thank me.... thank you for such a quick response. You rock.

Oh....@ Backer All seems to be working ok. Its tough to tell because I dont know what the hell is going on with this OS. Big difference from windows 7 and I have a touch screen to make it a little crazier learning 8.1. LOL
    The idea of making a new account was to see if we can get around the "logged in elsewhere" issue. Make up any email address with random letters and it will make the new account. My hunch is the failed updating screen on one client is making the Android one think you are logged in elsewhere.

I think you need to increase the browser cache size to make the web not download every time. I heard Firefox is the best for not downloading every time and easiest to configure the size of the browser cache. This is separate from the unity player cache.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK.
    So I was able to do a new account in all formats except on my laptop. I cant get on the server, keep getting server error. It (PC) does keep trying to download for offline play but it wont get off the news screen and it takes a very long time. I cant do offline play on any other devise with any other address new, alt or old.
    Is anyone else having this problem? Now that I see this is happening with new accounts it makes me wonder.............. I wonder if I clear my cache on my mobile devices might help... ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    OK.
    So I was able to do a new account in all formats except on my laptop. I cant get on the server, keep getting server error. It (PC) does keep trying to download for offline play but it wont get off the news screen and it takes a very long time. I cant do offline play on any other devise with any other address new, alt or old.
    Is anyone else having this problem? Now that I see this is happening with new accounts it makes me wonder.............. I wonder if I clear my cache on my mobile devices might help... ?
    Maybe offline play is just broken? I don't know many people who use it.

Your server error is likely firewall/router related. Did you try your laptop on wifi elsewhere?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK.
    So I was able to do a new account in all formats except on my laptop but I couldnt do offline play. I cant get on the server, keep getting server error. It (PC) does keep trying to download for offline play but it wont get off the news screen and it takes a very long time. I cant do offline play on any other devise with any other address new, alt or old.
    Ok no help. I am getting the same message when I try to play off line......That the account has been logged in elsewhere, so this session has ended.
    My home was robbed a few months ago and a tablet and my laptop were stolen..... is there a chance that one of those devises is logged in..... why can I still log in live and on the web, tablet, and phone and why new account issues with offline play.
    This is odd.
    Last edited by Drake Lifetaker; 07-27-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    OK.
    Ok no help. I am getting the same message when I try to play off line......That the account has been logged in elsewhere, so this session has ended.
    My home was robbed a few months ago and a tablet and my laptop was stolen..... is there a chance that one of those devises is logged in..... why can I still log in live and on the web, tablet, and phone.
    This is odd.
    Sorry to hear about the burglary. I don't see why the offline mode would even want to know, let alone be able to check, if it was logged in elsewhere. I think offline mode is just broken.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So is this off line thing considered bug report too? Ill see if the fire wall is the issue. I use a cell phone as a hot spot for my internet. I did try a different phone with the same results. Thanks for the kind words on the robbery...... it really sucked, but the important thing was family and pets were safe
    I missed a lot with both expansions and I don't get cell service where I work so was gonna mess around offline...... that is how I ran into it.
    Have you tried offline to confirm?
    Last edited by Drake Lifetaker; 07-27-2014 at 04:11 AM.