Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Raikka Spellseeker - Ability that allows a new versatile deck style

In 8 months I haven't seen Raikka Spellseeker played in quick matches (290+ area)
    She has beautiful art, however her ability is lacking and has pigeon holed-her as solely the uncreative 'rush'.
    Before the card ability is "locked" I'd like to make a suggestion which would allow for versatility.

3SE: All fire damage inflicts +1 damage until the start of your opponents turn. May target an ally to gain 2 health and take 2 fire damage.
    (I.e. Target ally will have an increased maximum health by 2, but due to the 2 fire {damage +1} the overall affect on the ally is it loses 1 health)

Therefore the ability could be used for:

• Inflict 1 damage to a standard friendly or opposing ally.
    • Increasing fire ability damage by +1 (fire ball, nova, meteor)
    • Targeting allies you control with the right attributes to gain benefit.

The ability would have synergy with the following current allies:
    “Blood stained maurader” Would gain 3 attack and lose 1 health
    Grimjaw Hydra” Would gain 3 attack and lose 1 health
    Bad Wolf” Would lose 1 health. However could regenerate health to 6.
    Allies immune to fire would gain 2 health.

With this ability numerous styles of decks could be created and hopefully she would become more competitive. The versatility of her ability targeting an opponent ally for that crucially needed 1 damage or boosting a synergistic ally she controls.

Potential future allies concepts that would compliment her new ability:

Volatile Form (Cost 4)
    1 attack, 6 health
    Volatile form takes 0 damage and is set ablaze, by fire and electrical damage. When volatile form is ablaze it gains +2 attack.

Firestorm Screecher (cost 4)
    2 attack, 5 health
    Immune to fire damage. While Firestorm Screecher is in play, all heroes and allies take 1 fire damage at the end of your turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It still seems rather weird. It's a slightly different Elementalis ability that's overall weaker due to the lack of cards that interact with Fire damage. Wulven has changed abilities before so I'm sure she'll receive a change before SE officially releases. I think if the current ability also made them immune to Fire then she could pull off some silly combinations i.e. a one-sided Supernova.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    In 8 months I haven't seen Raikka Spellseeker played in quick matches (290+ area)
    She has beautiful art, however her ability is lacking and has pigeon holed-her as solely the uncreative 'rush'.
    Before the card ability is "locked" I'd like to make a suggestion which would allow for versatility.

3SE: All fire damage inflicts +1 damage until the start of your opponents turn. May target an ally to gain 2 health and take 2 fire damage.
    (I.e. Target ally will have an increased maximum health by 2, but due to the 2 fire {damage +1} the overall affect on the ally is it loses 1 health)

Therefore the ability could be used for:

• Inflict 1 damage to a standard friendly or opposing ally.
    • Increasing fire ability damage by +1 (fire ball, nova, meteor)
    • Targeting allies you control with the right attributes to gain benefit.

The ability would have synergy with the following current allies:
    “Blood stained maurader” Would gain 3 attack and lose 1 health
    Grimjaw Hydra” Would gain 3 attack and lose 1 health
    Bad Wolf” Would lose 1 health. However could regenerate health to 6.
    Allies immune to fire would gain 2 health.

With this ability numerous styles of decks could be created and hopefully she would become more competitive. The versatility of her ability targeting an opponent ally for that crucially needed 1 damage or boosting a synergistic ally she controls.

Potential future allies concepts that would compliment her new ability:

Volatile Form (Cost 4)
    1 attack, 6 health
    Volatile form takes 0 damage and is set ablaze, by fire and electrical damage. When volatile form is ablaze it gains +2 attack.

Firestorm Screecher (cost 4)
    2 attack, 5 health
    Immune to fire damage. While Firestorm Screecher is in play, all heroes and allies take 1 fire damage at the end of your turn.
    I made a post about Raikka's ability lacking a bit of oomph a while back, but if I recall correctly... all I got were some players telling me she was fine.

I still think she's a little weak. I think if we are all being realistic here, we can admit this. Let's learn from past mistakes and try to make the hereos all somewhat competitive before the card lock.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloki View Post
    I made a post about Raikka's ability lacking a bit of oomph a while back, but if I recall correctly... all I got were some players telling me she was fine.

I still think she's a little weak. I think if we are all being realistic here, we can admit this. Let's learn from past mistakes and try to make the hereos all somewhat competitive before the card lock.

She definitely needs something done before the card lock. Otherwise within the next release we will likely be seeing 'single purpose' cards that aren't of any use to any other Hero, in an attempt to make this hero competitive. I.e. (Sun-blighted One)

The ideal situation is having balanced heroes, and allies that viable within many decks to numerous heroes. "Rampant Krygon", "Death Mage" and "Infernal Gargoyle" being example of versatile allies.

Hopefully we see her tweaked when the release the "sledge hammer' amendment (- strange Wulven created the OP sledge hammer with all the forewarning from the community)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    It still seems rather weird. It's a slightly different Elementalis ability that's overall weaker due to the lack of cards that interact with Fire damage. Wulven has changed abilities before so I'm sure she'll receive a change before SE officially releases. I think if the current ability also made them immune to Fire then she could pull off some silly combinations i.e. a one-sided Supernova.
    The concept of this suggestion is not about "growing" allies like Elementalis. It's about controlling and damaging with fire.

Using her ability to drop an opposing ally by 1 health an then playing a "Furrion Terror" which would inflict 3dg to all allies (except those immune to fire - which hers should be)

Using her ability (boosting a fire immune ally by 2 health is a perk) followed by a Super Nova to inflict 6 fire damage to all and clear the board. (While leaving her allies immune to fire standing)

+ all her allies on the board which inflict fire damage have gained +1 attack.

Yes, with this suggestion she would require some allies in the next card release before she'll defeat Tala, but the allies that she needs could be useful to numerous heroes - the allies would simply require to inflict fire damage or have fire immunity.
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 07-26-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This seems a bit complicated wording. Why not just say: Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1 until the start of your next turn. Target ally takes 1 fire damage.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All Fire damage to opposing "hero" and allies is increased by 1
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not "All opposing allies have -1 attack and all friendly allies have +1 attack.
    All fire damage to opposing heroes and allies is increased by one until the start of your next turn."
    Works with Fireball and Nova but still has synergy with fire allies.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    I don't think we should change a card just because there is currently a lack of imagination in how to use her effectively. Anyone got some examples of more creative decks made with her that they wish to share?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I don't think we should change a card just because there is currently a lack of imagination in how to use her effectively. Anyone got some examples of more creative decks made with her that they wish to share?
    well i have some ideas but the "on attack fire damage" is hard to use.
    Basically you need a fire ally out + another one to gain the bonus.
    And if you have that you probably have such a good position that you will win any ways.
    I have seen one succesful Raikka around 280+ rating of heatherbeast and it was a rush deck which did not use fire allies.
    The idea to improve Fire allies and Fire based decks is great but Raikka feels a bit clunky.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried lot of stuff, and nothing worked on consistent basis or it would worked much better with some other hero. In my book she is tier 3 hero, as bad as logan and ter, accompanied by Skervox, Ythan, and now with much more item destruction, attachment removal and Viska, Gwen and DC. Only thing that makes her slightly more easier to play than those is the fact she is mage and with lucky start she can just burn your face.
    Last edited by Veles; 07-26-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla