Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Tala's Pride Deck

I've been playing around with this deck, playing the odd game here and there. I've tried an number of different things, but I'm starting to feel that it's become too fragmented, so I thought I'd post it here to get some feed back. The current deck looks like this:

***HERO***
    Tala Pureheart

***Allies (23)***
    2x Aldon the Brave
    3x Armored Sandworm
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    3x Fleet-footed Messenger
    3x Layarian Seductress
    3x Irina, Guardian of the Swan
    3x Yari Marksman
    4x Yari Bladedancer

***Abilities (13)***
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Blood Frenzy
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    2x A Legend Rises

***Armors (3)***
    3x The King's Pride

***Weapons (1)***
    1x Spectral Sabre

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

Bladedancer is an awesome card and one of my favorites, but I can't seem to get him to stick well. Overall, I just feel that my early game can be really weak. The resource curve feels really slow too. It's might also be bit ally heavy, with some high cost allies (Sandworm, Irina, Brax).

And yes, I have 3 Kings Pride. I've bounced back and forth on this. I read about someone who runs 3. He sacs the first one, plays the second with the expectation of it being destroyed, then plays the third as a surprise. After all, who would run 3 King's Pride? I've been messing with this a bit, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I think I need a more defined strategy and a better decklist to help achieve that strategy. My original idea was to us Sandworm as a protector shield, but that combo just seems to slow to get out. By the time I've got my first Sandworm on the board, the opponent can have a small army.

All help is appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Use ffm as your protector for talas ability. Hasted 2/6 can be tough for opponents to get around early on
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about AS? it has ridiculus staying power. also the 2/1 where it cant be targeted if you have any other allies in play. i also run war banner and last harvest to buff allies while they are being protected, then attacking with 8/9s at the end
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Use ffm as your protector for talas ability. Hasted 2/6 can be tough for opponents to get around early on
    Yeah, I'm thinking that might be a good one. FFM just doesn't seem like a shield, but he could do the job well until the later game where I could drop a Sandworm.

Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    What about AS? it has ridiculus staying power. also the 2/1 where it cant be targeted if you have any other allies in play. i also run war banner and last harvest to buff allies while they are being protected, then attacking with 8/9s at the end
    Yeah I'm running Sandworm. I just find it can be a bit difficult to get him onto the board at 5cc. I think the 2/1 ally you are talking about is Eleanor, Princess of Ellos. She's pretty good. I've seen another deck running her as a protector. Get another ally out and suddenly she's a protector that can't be attacked. That's a pretty solid play for sure.

I've thought about both War Banner and The Last Harvest too. I think I would go with Harvest over War Banner, but it's just a matter of finding a balance to get it into the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry meant 1 more AS. And yes I was talking about Eleanor, couldn't remember her name
    A member of ETC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been on the receiving end of his 14/8 or so Sandworm from that once. Was not fun at all.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also when you get AS out on turn 5 and 2/3 more next turn, you've basically won with last harvest and aldon as it takes them ages to get past AS and by that time you have massive buffs
    A member of ETC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    I have been on the receiving end of his 14/8 or so Sandworm from that once. Was not fun at all.
    That was a good game
    A member of ETC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry meant 1 more AS. And yes I was talking about Eleanor, couldn't remember her name
    Gotcha! Yeah my first deck had Sandworm x 4. But then I was thinking that I might need Brax to deal with all the haste in the current Meta; but Brax and Sandworm are both 5cc allies, so someone recommended running a split. But running a split always seems to dilute the deck, so I'm uncertain in that regard.

Eleanor is an interesting card to. A lot of people seem to really like her. Others, not so much. I've been looking at FDL's Haste Tala and he runs her. Apparently with quite a great deal of success.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In haste she'd be amazing. You wouldnt need spells
    A member of ETC.