Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    I play very similar deck and you can watch mine (dejvo), though I don't think it's fun to watch this, as the games are very long. This is probably the hardest deck to master, because you have to make plenty of decisions and it took me a while to learn how to play it. And it really gets very frustrating, many times you need one more turn to burn the deck of your opponent and he kills you, or you decide to wait one more turn to cast Soulreaver and suddenly your opponents does something unexpected and you loose. But the games when your opponents starts to send you messages "you're dead, you have no cards left" etc and you cast Ahil four time in a row are rewarding.
    Id be interested to see what the differences are. My deck tends to play quite quickly.

Any control deck takes practice and card pool knowledge. I was quite clear in the first post that this isnt an easy win deck and that every fight will test your problem solving. Just makes the victory even more tasty.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
    Id be interested to see what the differences are. My deck tends to play quite quickly.
    I just checked, actually only difference now is that I have one less Crystal Shards. I've changed the deck quite a lot, experimented with stuff like Shadowvein, Temporal Disturbance, but it didn't work. And like you, at first, I did not notice that I can use Mimic on enemy's graveyard, which makes this card great, I used to have only 2 and mostly discard them.

Maybe is the speed thing of perspective, I played with rush Zaladar and by T6 I'd win or I'd know that I'll loose. With Aramia I used to have buffed up wisp by T5, with Gravebone I had Darkath on T4. This deck really starts on T5 and you need approx 5 more turns to win, for me this is a long game (games against 80+ decks are faster, as I don't focus on discard, but on allies).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    I just checked, actually only difference now is that I have one less Crystal Shards. I've changed the deck quite a lot, experimented with stuff like Shadowvein, Temporal Disturbance, but it didn't work. And like you, at first, I did not notice that I can use Mimic on enemy's graveyard, which makes this card great, I used to have only 2 and mostly discard them.

Maybe is the speed thing of perspective, I played with rush Zaladar and by T6 I'd win or I'd know that I'll loose. With Aramia I used to have buffed up wisp by T5, with Gravebone I had Darkath on T4. This deck really starts on T5 and you need approx 5 more turns to win, for me this is a long game (games against 80+ decks are faster, as I don't focus on discard, but on allies).
    Ok, that clarified for me. It was a perspective difference. Before I built this deck I was playing stalladar and other various hard control decks. When I think long game I think 45min or more. He is a bit slow in some cases which is why rush is almost auto lose but he is fast enough to deck out mid range and late game decks quite easily. 2 outta 3 aint bad. I could tweak it to run faster but we trade control for discard and thats dangerous with Prax.

Mimic is easily one of my new favorite cards. When built into a deck it creates so many opportunities in a nice condensed package. I cant imagine running without it. Best memory I have was against a rush mage, I got super lucky in my draw and kept a very strong board pressence with fbc and react, bd was killing things, you know what I mean if you played this deck. I managed to get her down to 8 life with creatures and MC. Not realizing what she was doing she switched to burn mode and launched 2 fireballs at me bringing me down to 2 health. She even gg'd me, musta had a LS and since ele doesnt burn she felt safe. Poor thing lost her game to 6 resource and her own spells. Still makes me smile.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Totally agree with Mimic, it gives you so many choices.
    People gging you because they think they won and suddenly loose is one of the two things, why I like this deck. The second thing is the versatility - you need to totally change your game according to opponent, while with other heroes you only need to slightly adjust (eg. Aramia vs any elemental - I would try to buff up more allies at the same time, due to MC and wouldn't discard Stoneskin, but the general strategy stays the say - cast wisp and buff him up and kill).
    Really thanks for this deck, I tried to build and play many Praxix decks when SF came out (Brimstone and Falseblood were sold out in the begging, so frustrating), but you found the way to make it work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you fight decks with 60+ cards? I can never get to a point where I can recycle "all hope is lost" and I eventually run out of steam altogether.

Not an easy deck to play, is all I can say. But a nice change of pace from other beat down decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Asking permision to try this.. sounds fun..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dude i love this deck.. with some few tweaks i managaed to adopt it to my play style.. this is wonderful.. and that combo you are trying to explain about AHIL mimic and bad santa is just amazing.. and the feeling that your opponent didnt know what is coming, so genieus.. your a genius bro.. +1

It was clear to me now what you are trying to explain about not using dagger of fates since your target is to mill and not to kill, mc is a nice card for fatty and for smaller allies you still have your ability..

I have several attempts for this kind of deck since my old MTG(hope its ok to mention this) is pretty much a discarder deck and first time i saw praxis, old days are back, but i fail to assemble due to lack of cards.. i just got my new cards and thanks to you, Ive got a direction where to start and what to buy next

Thanks for posting bro!
    Last edited by feljurcross; 08-31-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    How do you fight decks with 60+ cards? I can never get to a point where I can recycle "all hope is lost" and I eventually run out of steam altogether.

Not an easy deck to play, is all I can say. But a nice change of pace from other beat down decks.
    60-70 just needs a good draw and careful control. Not an easy matchip but possible.

This deck is always a fight but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by feljurcross View Post
    Dude i love this deck.. with some few tweaks i managaed to adopt it to my play style.. this is wonderful.. and that combo you are trying to explain about AHIL mimic and bad santa is just amazing.. and the feeling that your opponent didnt know what is coming, so genieus.. your a genius bro.. +1

It was clear to me now what you are trying to explain about not using dagger of fates since your target is to mill and not to kill, mc is a nice card for fatty and for smaller allies you still have your ability..

I have several attempts for this kind of deck since my old MTG(hope its ok to mention this) is pretty much a discarder deck and first time i saw praxis, old days are back, but i fail to assemble due to lack of cards.. i just got my new cards and thanks to you, Ive got a direction where to start and what to buy next

Thanks for posting bro!
    Lol, someone woulda posted this deck eventually but thanks. Glad you enjoy it.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post

You can beat 60+ decks playing this as a control deck, trying to empty that large deck is usually too hard. Discard AHIL, Reveberate, cast allies, use MC. Use your ability only to kill allies. Usually works for me. If you encounter 60+ Praxix deck, you'll most likely loose.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And here's a reason why I love this deck:

I've got 7 health left, opp has Vess, 20 health left and no cards in his deck. He has 4 allies, I've used Soulreaver, so I need to kill him on my turn, or I'm dead. I've got 7 resources crystal shards and reverberate on board, and 2 mimics, one AHIL, one Harbinger and 2 falsebloods on my hand, one AHIL is in graveyard, one on the bottom of my deck, where I have 6 cards left. So I use CS, cast AHIL, cast Harbinger, cast Mimic and use Bad Santa, cast one more AHIL. This does him 14 damage, he gets further 5 from Reverberate and Blood Frenzy. So he has 1 health left and is going to win. But he decides to use Murderous Hulk ability (his attack is 4) on Harbinger and probably forgets that he had cast Bloodthirsty on him. So he kills my Harbinger but has to draw card and his deck is empty, so he gets 1 damage and I win. I'm still laughing