What's wrong with large decks?

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XxD3L3T3DxX View Post
    What's wrong with large decks?
    Nothing is.

It's just large decks are unlikely to be competitive

Except praixx mill because it mills out the deck itself and it's a whole other theory.
    But have fun the way you wanna play
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's a "mill"? I'm a newb.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Dont be harsh. Its his play style. I know a lot of people play different styles and then people who think thier style is better (even if it isnt) are mean to them. The creator of this thread has accepted your point of view, and has attempted to be better, while you have been writing long hate paragraphs… seriously? I agree that small decks are probably better, but you only need to make your point so many times. If this person wants to play with a large deck, let him.
    Im sorry, did I not sugar coat that enough for you?

Ill be harsh if it gets the point across. As for hate filled paragraphs you need to read it again love.
    I make my point and challenge his. Should I never disagree with anyone? Should I act like a timid little girl when I challenge someones beliefs?
    Maybe you need to read his replys as well as he has not accepted my thoughts as you claim and asked what he needed to do to prove large decks are better.

Grow thicker skin or goplay barbie. i will not molly coddle anyone. I will not sugar coat the truth.

Ps. I challenge him but I leave room for debate as I feel he is intelligent enough to do so. I was 'harsh' to motivate him to stand up for his beliefs. You on the other hand felt he is so pathetic that you needed to step in and save him from me. Think before you act kiddo, your actions reveal more about you than you think. Whiteknights never win the girl.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's a "mill"? I'm a newb.
    To Mill :, is to take away or discard or just " mill" your opponents deck down to nothing, accomplishing 2 things, 1) damage taken when they can't draw a card. 2) they have no more cards in deck so they have only thier cards in hand to play and limits thier options significantly !

MillStalker ( or Moonstalker mill decks). Started the rage and they stalled you until you had no cards, then they just beat you down, resulting in 20-45 minute games. ( and one pissed off milled opponent)

Praxix mill, takes advantage of the discarding benefits of many cards in the SF expantion, and seeks to mill you out of cards, while causing damage and eventually killing you. It's a faster deck, but I simple cant stand it

Millstalker is banned from almost all tourney and competative play, I'm hoping Praxix mill turns out the same way.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my point is that peak rating is a much better measure of a deck than a winrate in low ratings

my 56 card zhanna in DP i think was the only competitive deck i saw with more than 50 cards in it other than millstalker
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's your problem, dude? If your actions reveal more about you than you think, your actions just say your an insecure little boy with no self-esteem so he must go ONLINE to try and assert some falsly percieved supierority. You're not cool by being a jerk. No one likes a jerk.

-Directed towards Misanthropic
    Last edited by XxD3L3T3DxX; 07-27-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    To Mill :, is to take away or discard or just " mill" your opponents deck down to nothing, accomplishing 2 things, 1) damage taken when they can't draw a card. 2) they have no more cards in deck so they have only thier cards in hand to play and limits thier options significantly !

MillStalker ( or Moonstalker mill decks). Started the rage and they stalled you until you had no cards, then they just beat you down, resulting in 20-45 minute games. ( and one pissed off milled opponent)

Praxix mill, takes advantage of the discarding benefits of many cards in the SF expantion, and seeks to mill you out of cards, while causing damage and eventually killing you. It's a faster deck, but I simple cant stand it

Millstalker is banned from almost all tourney and competative play, I'm hoping Praxix mill turns out the same way.

I know this is nitpicking but millstalker is a stall deck. He aims to stall the game until you run out of options. Stall is a form of hard control. Control aims to make your opponent ask permission before playing. You control everything. The problem is that control alone doesnt do damage as we see with millstalker. He uses control to stall until fatique kills you. Stalladar uses control to stall you until his ability damage kills you (or fatique, whichever comes first).

Mill came from the MTG card Millstone

{2}, {T}: Target player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

The addition of this card and others in tenth edition allowed blue to move from a control only (millstalker) to something else (praxix) pure blue now had a unique wincon and didnt need to rely on help from other colors.

Prax is an active miller and his games are fast and counterable. I hope he doesnt get banned as he is no where near as frustrating as the stallers (zal or moon)? He is another control deck that does aim to stall you until ahil can win but he has tools to make you deck out faster. As a user said in another thread (preybird i think?) prax can actively mill up to 20 cards by turn 6. Still a control deck until ahil fires so thus the admittance that this was all just nitpick.

What's your problem, dude? If your actions reveal more about you than you think, your actions just say your an insecure little boy with no self-esteem so he must go ONLINE to try and assert some falsly percieved supierority. You're not cool by being a jerk. No one likes a jerk.

-Directed towards Misanthropic
    As for my insecurity, I simply stand up for what I believe and dont waste time making sure your feeling dont get hurt.
    My actions do nothing but reflect my user name.

Ps. Welcome to the internet. Press reply with quote if you would like to make it obvious when replying to a specific statement or user.
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-27-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
    Im sorry, did I not sugar coat that enough for you?

Ill be harsh if it gets the point across. As for hate filled paragraphs you need to read it again love.
    I make my point and challenge his. Should I never disagree with anyone? Should I act like a timid little girl when I challenge someones beliefs?
    Maybe you need to read his replys as well as he has not accepted my thoughts as you claim and asked what he needed to do to prove large decks are better.

Grow thicker skin or goplay barbie. i will not molly coddle anyone. I will not sugar coat the truth.

Ps. I challenge him but I leave room for debate as I feel he is intelligent enough to do so. I was 'harsh' to motivate him to stand up for his beliefs. You on the other hand felt he is so pathetic that you needed to step in and save him from me. Think before you act kiddo, your actions reveal more about you than you think. Whiteknights never win the girl.
    Theres this thing called tact. You obviously don't know what it is. It involves NOT saying things like "I can see why you being a game designer is in the past tense"
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Theres this thing called tact. You obviously don't know what it is. It involves NOT saying things like "I can see why you being a game designer is in the past tense"
    *passes tissue*

Calm down, take a nap, relax.

Im sure he can speak for himself and we can discuss if he found that statement hurtful. I have faith he is a big boy.

As for tact
    1. Displaying sensitivity as to not offend
    2. Skill in debating, diplomacy

I dont care if I make you feel sad inside. Provoking an emotionally response in any conflict can be TACTical and advantageous. A dirty move maybe but I want a response. Just as me being 'harsh' with you is to bait a response and make you emotional until you make a mistake I can capitalize on.

I do not act with the intention of making or keeping friends.
    I will consider everyone worthless until they prove otherwise.
    I want OP to defend his position as best he can. I want him to attack me and challenge me. That way when others read (well not you, you cant see past your own tears) they get a good read full of viable arguements from both sides and learn something. I make it personal because too many users here are willing to back down from a belief or simply stop defending it.

I am mean.
    I am rude.
    I dont like people.
    I dont trust people.
    I dont care about how you feel.
    I will not make you happy.
    I do not expect you to make me happy.
    I do not have nor want many friends.
    I distrust all of humanity.
    I strongly believe earth will only exist after we are extinct for we are a curse on our planet.

Now, tell me something I dont know about myself.
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.