Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Garth (SF) Midnight Ambush

Hello SE,

Just wanted to share a deck that I have been with lately. First I wanted to give thanks to BP Karlos and E2E Pat Jay for helping me tweak this deck, their input has helped this deck tremendously.

Well the deck focuses on Midnight Sentinal and Night Shade mostly. The set up is to get NS out on T2 and then on T3 Midnight Sentinal comes into play by buffing Night Shade into a 2/4 Ambush and Stealth ally. Midnight also can buff any other ally's health and give it Ambush as well, which is also helpful. Also you can use RLT to retreat Midnight back in to your hand and then recast it again buffing up NS or giving another ally ambush and a health increase. I also use RTL for sword thief as well and that's why I have 3x of each.

Bad MU have been BaneBow, GraveBone, Baduruu, and Zaladar. Yet I have won against these Heros they are very hard to play against.

Please let me know what you think and any advice in improving this deck is always welcomed.

Peace be with you my friends✌️

Garth

***Allies (20)***
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Nightshade
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    3x Night Owl
    3x Midnight Sentinel
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    3x Sword Thief

***Abilities (10)***
    3x Stop, Thief!
    1x A Legend Rises
    3x Backstab
    3x Road Less Traveled

***Items (4)***
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains

***Weapons (5)***
    3x Anklebreaker
    2x Thoughtripper's Cutlass

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

[url=http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/showcase.php?hero=25&carte=k3h4d2j3j3j2j35c3zg 1f3h35a455c3i25]http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/showcase.php?hero=25&carte=k3h4d2j3j3j2j35c3zg 1f3h35a455c3i25
    A1 LudWig72

Master of WigFu and a Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice deck, i have a similar deck with +1 Spell Eater Bands instead 1 Anklebreaker to counter zaladar and mages

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by IGnar View Post
    nice deck, i have a similar deck with +1 Spell Eater Bands instead 1 Anklebreaker to counter zaladar and mages
    I suppose that SEB would help me against this direct damage Heros lol. Thanks for your input my friend✌️
    A1 LudWig72

Visit our recruitment thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....uitment-thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you like looping Sentinels and Sword-Thieves, did you consider Voizitian Orders? I guess you did, but I am curious how it worked out... In that case I would swap NO for PotL.

"Be polite; write diplomatically;
    even in a declaration of war one observes the
    rules of politeness."
    Otto von Bismarck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IMO Spelleater Bands is a necessity in Rogue Decks. It can almost force your oppenents to dirctiy attack your Hero with spells if they suspect you're holding it thus giving you board control and if they fight for board control with Allies their late game spells become almost useless. Against non spell wielding opponents it's an obvious burn card ... A good Rogue never leaves home without his SPE. My mother always told me that

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    IMO Spelleater Bands is a necessity in Rogue Decks. It can almost force your oppenents to dirctiy attack your Hero with spells if they suspect you're holding it thus giving you board control and if they fight for board control with Allies their late game spells become almost useless. Against non spell wielding opponents it's an obvious burn card ... A good Rogue never leaves home without his SPE. My mother always told me that
    I used to feel that way - but in sf, I haven't been running spelleater bands at all (in a lance deck - my list is posted in the Oliver's orders thread) and find that mages don't generally give me trouble anymore. Maybe its something about the meta, or the fact that I've got a strong early game with lots of cheap and tough allies, so mages focus their spells on the allies, rather than me. I have much more trouble now vs mill decks. I haven't once thought that spelleater bands would save me since switching to SF.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was just going to post a Garth deck I made, actually intended for Serena at first, but then I realized that Garth would do it better. I was going to post it under either "Turn Two Garth" or "Garth After Dark". Then I realized you had something similar here, so I'm just going to throw out this idea for you guys...In this sort of deck, Night owl is actually mediocre, you may as well put in priest of the light, since you're laying so many cheap allies so early on, that his stealth almost never applies...Eleanor on the other hand doesn't have stealth, she's got super-stealth (since it's not called stealth, it is immune to anti-stealth cards, I'm sort of against this in principle, but why not use it in a rogue deck?).

So if you replace your night owls with Eleanor, then you get 3 awesome possible t2+3 combos.
    1) Nightshade and Eleanor, is like having night owl and nightshade, except eleanor is stealthed until they kill nightshade...so slightly better (unless they play DMT to ping her). This lets you do 4 damage to allies, since nightshade can lead and eleanor can finish them off.
    2) Nightshade and midnight sentinel, which is why this deck was made
    3) Eleanor and midnight sentinel, Eleanor gets 3/3 ambush and superstealth - unless they kill midnight sentinel. So now instead of attacking the hero like they might with nightshade and midnight sentinel, they're often trying to kill midnight sentinel, unless it's a hero that does 3 damage easily (i.e. mages and elementals). That's a good thing because they waste their damage trying to take him out instead of you...and he can do some damage to them in return. Meanwhile, Eleanor can cause damage with ambush, so the two can take out 4 toughness allies without counterattack. The downside with Eleanor is that she's unique, so if she gets disabled you can't play her again. What you can do is if you've got a few legend rises in the deck, just keep her around, every once in a while throw a midnight sentinel her way, so she sort of buffs there while you deal with their stuff...then when you get that legend rises, she becomes a monster.

So that's the basic premise. My deck uses thoughtripper cutlass - which is so much better on garth, and combos nicely with allies with ambush. And I also like layarian diplomats in there for those tough to kill allies, but otherwise fairly similar to the OP's.

You should be aware of a bug if you try this - midnight sentinel seems to be a bit spotty in 2.85, specifically, I believe when it leaves play, it takes ambush with it. That will interfere with serial buffing on Eleanor, and may get an ally killed if you're not expecting a counterattack. So try to play around it for now, hopefully they fix it soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is great input bobrossw I like your style. Kinda put this deck on the back burner but now I'm going to have to try your suggestion. Thx my friend and May peace be with you.
    A1 LudWig72

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I built this deck and play tested it and it is AMAZING! There's so much control in this deck and so many tricks up your sleeve! I played against a priest and did you know if they use Zali's Hymn on your ally and you retaliate with Road Less Traveled you still get your card back instead of it going to the bottom of the deck? Pretty great! By the way I added a Nowhere to Hide to deal with Moonstalker. All in all fun deck!